French, Italian, German, and Spanish Now Supported with Localized Text; Rediscover the Series Prequel with a Deep Discount
TORRANCE, Calif. — Dec. 7— XSEED Games, the independent-minded publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc., today announced the addition of French, Italian, German, and Spanish language support for Ys Origin on Windows PC via Steam and GOG. The classic Nihon Falcom-developed action-RPG, originally released in 2012, is currently discounted on Steam for 75% off through Dec. 13, making this the best time to pick up the Ys series prequel and challenge the Devil’s Tower!
Seven hundred years before the events of Ys I & II, the land of Ys was on the brink of destruction. Demons came in droves and forced the twin Goddesses who ruled the land to whisk their subjects away from the surface, into the safe embrace of the clouds. The demons were persistent, however, erecting a massive tower in pursuit. One day, amidst this turmoil, the Goddesses stole away into the night, vanishing from Ys altogether. And there’s only one place they could have gone: the Devil’s Tower. A search party of knights and sorcerers was hastily formed and dispatched in hopes of retrieving these runaway deities. Among its members were apprentice knight Yunica Tovah and troubled sorcerer Hugo Fact, and this is their story as each remembers it.
Ys Origin Key Features:
- Experience Different Perspectives: Play as one of three different characters, each with their own unique story to tell and a completely different style of gameplay.
- Fast-paced Action and Diverse Playstyles: Engage in fast-paced combat and platforming, leveraging the strengths of each unique character from classic platforming action, more mobile run-and-gun combat, or get into the thick of things with berserker-style melee combat.
- Play Your Way: Five difficulty levels allow players to tune the challenge to their tastes, including a “Nightmare” difficulty for true Ys masters. Outside of the story, “Time Attack,” “Arena Mode,” and “Boss Rush” modes can be unlocked for players to test their mettle!
- Rockin’ Soundtrack from Falcom Sound Team jdk: Hard rock riffs and classic Ys arrangements keep the blood pumping and tempo steady as players battle through old-school platforming, puzzles, and bosses.
- Multi-language Support: Play through the game in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish with the latest update!