Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection launches October 31

Discussion in 'Zwei Series' started by PasokonDeacon, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Seta

Seta New Member

Tom, I have a question: why did you guys priced it at £24.99 but left it at €29.99? I mean, the dollar conversion should be €25 too, and you've done it properly in other releases. What's up with Europe?

2. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

I was wondering what happen to physical ver for the switch I'm pretty happy its still coming :) as for the unannounced titles crossing my fingers one of them is what I think it is ( will keep my hype in check tho just in case )

3. nivora

nivora Active Member

they did the same for Cold Steel with the explanation that they follow Steam's advice or something like that. It's a shitty practice imo.

4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Super stoked to play Zwei! Hopefully it'll be a day one for me, I'm not the biggest PC gaming fan (due to crap hardware) but I will definitely pick it up!

5. Schtolteheim

Schtolteheim New Member

I'm absolutely stoked to play this. I figured I'd have to hunker down and stumble through the Japanese version, but you miracle-workers have done it again.

Thanks again, Xseed!

6. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

As Nivora noted, those price conversions are based on Steam's recommended pricing for each region, and sort of represent the industry standard. As such, it's difficult to deviate from those conversions without raising some eyebrows from business partners.

We do realize it's not a perfect conversion by any means, though, so we will continue to look into our options for each release moving forward.

-Tom

7. nivora

nivora Active Member

what is still don't understand is why following this logic it suddenly changed? The games i bought before 2017 all have normal currency conversion between dollar and euro. So you say that Steam changed their conversion advice this year? I just don't understand that.
    And why are old releases not changed in price retroactively then? Trails Fc and SC still have the same conversion as it always had for example.

8. Wyrdwad

I don't set the prices myself, so I can't really answer the first part of that. The second, though, is simple: once a game's price is set for each region, it's certainly not something we'd ever RAISE. Lowering it over time, or temporarily lowering it via sales, sure, but raising it for any reason whatsoever would be kind of silly, and would certainly do us (and you) no favors! So when a regional price is set for a game, you can always be assured that that's as high as it'll ever be.

-Tom

nivora likes this.
  9. Wyrdwad

IT IS LIVE.

On all platforms:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/
    https://www.gog.com/game/zwei_the_ilvard_insurrection
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection

And, oh yes, there was another new blog released a couple days ago! (Sorry I forgot to link this earlier.)

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/166864966645/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog

Also, there will be a stream of the game later today, and I'll be on it!

So, what are you waiting for? GO, GO, GO!! ;)

-Tom

10. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Yay, downloading it now. Plan on starting it later once I get all my other errands done. Thanks for all your hard work.:D

11. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Got my copy (sadly it's to the backlog, but it'll be there waiting for me)! :D

12. Wyrdwad

Not my hard work! I had very little to do with this particular game, actually. I've been busy working on something else while this was in progress. What, you may ask? Well...

;)

Game is spectacular, though. One of my favorite Falcom titles, and Nick did an awesome job editing. He definitely gave it his full care and attention, and it turned out great!

-Tom

13. Trails of Persona

Well, then let me say thanks to everyone at XSeed for their work on everything they do. That work well enough for you?

14. Sara

Sara New Member

Yes. :p

15. Wyrdwad

Ah, yes, I was speaking purely in terms of localization in my above post, but Sara deserves MAJOR props for this one, as even with my severely limited programming knowledge, I could tell this game was a tough nut to crack. Tougher than you'd expect, given how late a PC project it was for Falcom -- but suffice it to say, nothing was as simple as it might've first appeared, and Sara had many a zany coding mystery to solve during her time with this game.

Solve them she did, though, and the game is running smooth as silk now!

...Also, launch trailer:

Perfect time to share that, too, since it's almost l(a)unchtime here! ;)

-Tom

BrokenFantasy1985 likes this.
  16. Trails of Persona

Have to say, whoever voiced Ragna and Alwen did a fantastic job. Their scene in the hotel sold me on them so quick, I greatly look forward to seeing their adventure.

17. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I refuse to buy this until that 10% discount is gone, lol...and I've got way too much to play already. Hopefully things start calming down a bit, cause this year has been nuts.

Also, I'm the one behind the beautiful Tom and Nick pun.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  18. Wyrdwad

Nice! That was a good one. ;)

-Tom

19. Marukoban

Marukoban Member

Tom, is the standard price of Zwei $30 or $26.99?
    My country steam puts the price at $26.00 local currency whereas it's usually 1:1 number wise to US store, just different currency.
    Any changes to regional pricing?

20. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I believe 26.99 is including the launch discount, after which it will go back up to 30.