Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection announced for E3!

Discussion in 'Zwei Series' started by Wyrdwad, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Origin also had a fan translation (which I forgot to include) so it doesn't really help your hypothesis much. If fan translations had a significant impact it certainly wasn't apparent in any of the Ys games and one possible example in XanaNext does not a pattern make.

2. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Yodaka

3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

it did? huh, I don't remember seeing it myself and I did play oath cuz it was translated. Course I bought it again cuz it's awesome. I just though it was something to consider is all.

4. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

Worrying about the impact of a fan translation doesn't apply here anyway since XSEED's using the finished, but unreleased Zwei II translation as a base. Xanadu Next has had a fan patch for years, meaning the most dedicated fans likely played it via Japanese copies before XSEED got their release into motion. But I bet there's larger factors which hurt the game's sales. Zwei II shouldn't fall prey to what I described pages back, so long as very positive word of mouth gets out starting with E3 coverage.

Also, not gonna recommend Romancia when Drasle Family and Sorcerian are much better experiences. Drasle Family could really use a remake, though, even if the original game on Famicom/MSX2 beats out even Romancia's Win9x remake which is hard to get running.

5. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Drasle Family still looks and sounds good even today (I just played and beat the MSX2 version within the past year!), but that's by 8-bit standards. Remaking it into something more HD would be cool, but I think out of all the games in the Dragon Slayer series up until Legend of Heroes, Drasle Family is probably the LEAST in need of a remake. Even Sorcerian could really stand to be updated/rebooted, I feel (WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME; SERIOUSLY, FALCOM, WHY HAVE YOU NOT DONE THIS YET?!). ;)

-Tom

6. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

Sorcerian's inevitable modern remake will be huge, and President Kondo will prioritize Gagharv remakes first (which is fine by me). He mentioned on Eurogamer last year how much he wants to revisit Sorcerian and make something as unique as Xanadu Next again, a sentiment he shares with other employees.

7. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Sorcerian needs a modern remake. Seriously, how perfect a fit is that game for the modern era with the possibility of releasing extra scenarios via DLC instead of supplimental disks? Doooooo it Kondo, you know you want to. xD

8. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

Gematsu just posted their PR summary, and the E3 2017 trailer just went up!

I really want to get this sooner than later, but I'll settle for a more polished Q&A process even if that delays launch somewhat. Let's hope this gets out around August.

9. Cryrobinson

Now I can't stop thinking about this D:

I want every Falcom game ever I must play them alllllll

Kondo we luv u

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

11. lail

lail Well-Known Member

I wish I had known about that earlier. Not sure if my postcard would reach in time.
    Bleh. Guess thats what you get for going on twitter hiatus for weeks.

12. Cryrobinson

13. Schtolteheim

Schtolteheim New Member

As a masochistic speedrunner, I am very intrigued. :3

14. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

15. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I like Ys, Popful Mail, and Gurumin. Will I enjoy this?

....Hell yeah, I will!

Is this The Year of Falcom or something? Geez, haha.

16. Cryrobinson

Speaking of your list/year of Falcom can we get some Popful Mail for Steam?! :D

I know that one is a looooong shot and not probably on Falcom's radars but it's just sooo good.

17. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

It's due for a remake.

18. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, Popful Mail and Sorcerian are the two Falcom franchises most in need of a revisit, I think.

...And maybe Brandish, again. Because Dark Revenant 2 really needs to happen.

Also, Gintoki: Yes. Yes, you will. Without question. ;)

-Tom

19. Cryrobinson

I couldn't agree more. More Brandish could only lead to joy, ugh I loved DR so much.

20. Clessy

Clessy Member

Yeah the old stuff is way better than the new stuff too. The 00 to 06 pc years are imho their golden years. So many ips and such great engines. Unique stuff.