Zwei Steam and GOG pages are up!

Discussion in 'Zwei Series' started by Wyrdwad, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

saldite and KlausRealta like this.
  2. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

Good work! I hope we get new English footage soon to help alongside the Twitter Q&As.

3. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

4. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

What's up with the requirements. I can kinda sorta see the Xeon but the Quadro is a really odd bit to have on there.

5. Cqef

Cqef Member

I'd preorder on GoG if only it were possible.
    But glad the Steam and GoG pages are up. The long awaited release date shouldn't be too far away now. Like 2 weeks at most, I hope.

6. Wyrdwad

Those specs are taken from the specific lowest-spec PC we've confirmed the game running on. And they are, of course, subject to change as testing continues -- the game very likely can run just fine on lower specs than that, we just didn't want to give "minimum requirements" that were unconfirmed.

-Tom

7. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

yeah, given the specs, i was pretty much going to say that it was probably the office spare pc or somebody's workstation that hasn't been upgraded in awhile because they just haven't made the yearly budget for an upgrade

8. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

On a whim, I PMed Tom about his framerate comments in the website thread. He got back to me later with some technical details about the game in its current state:

• The config launcher gives you resolutions auto-populated based on the detected GPU, with refresh rates (like 60Hz or 75Hz) tied to resolution choices
    • According to FRAPs, in-game movies run at 30 FPS while gameplay gets a steady 60 FPS [unsure if this includes animations and camera movement, not just inputs; Gurumin also registers 60 FPS but runs animations at half that speed]
    I can't wait to see more footage. The most I've seen of this in English comes from the Zwei: II stream back in July, which wasn't too smooth to watch.

9. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

As someone who enjoyed the gameplay in Nayuta I'm looking forward to this game. I've heard they're quite similar in that regard.

10. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

The problem for me with the recent PC games from XSEED is that they take so long to be released after they are announced that they end going to the backlog when finally released. That happened to me with Xanadu Next, and probably will happen with Zwei, despite being the ones I was most interested from the company in the last years.

11. Wyrdwad

How come? A good game is a good game; time doesn't change that.

Besides, the reason it takes so long is because we have to get it actually working right! You wouldn't want us releasing buggy, unplayable messes, would you? I've always felt that it's better to delay a game a long time and release it in solid shape than release something that's barely playable just so you can get it out on time. If anything, we may have released a couple of our PC games a bit too soon, resulting in the need to fix major issues via patch over time -- and we've learned from that mistake. From now on, we do not intend to launch games until they're definitively ready!

-Tom

12. tilinelson2

I never said the games are not good, just that time passes and other things catch my attention, so they end going to the backlog when released.

I didn't say anything about wanting a game to be buggy, but released earlier. Maybe the problem is that they are announced too early, because it never happens with the console and handheld games you publish.

13. Wyrdwad

Which is an interesting thing to note, since we typically get complaints that we don't announce our PC titles early enough! We usually announce PC titles within a month or two of release, whereas we announce console titles MANY months from release. Zwei II is probably the longest we've gone between announcement and release for a PC title, and that's solely because of unexpected delays during QA.

-Tom

14. tilinelson2

I think the complaints are about the actual release date? Most of the time people know the game will come, but not when.

15. Wyrdwad

Hmm. I guess you're right on that -- that's my bad. But in general, we have also gotten a lot of requests to announce games sooner (both console/handheld and PC) so that people have more of a chance to get psyched for them, there's more opportunity for PR, etc.

There are benefits and drawbacks to both ways of doing things.

-Tom

16. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

There isn't really a perfect solution. You want to release the game as early as possible so you don't announce a date until you can set one in stone, so it ends up being shortly after the announcement. Announce one far in advance and you likely end up too aggressive and have to delay it, or too safe and end up sitting on a release-ready game for weeks or months.

And it goes either way for the buyer, where one person might want to get the game ASAP after the announcement before other things come up and get pushed ahead of it, while others want some time to budget in the game. There are likely plenty of people who would be up to buy a game day one but pass because their games budget for the month was already set. So then they wait 2-3 months, or just hold off for the discount.

17. Tsuiokuhen2

Tsuiokuhen2 Member

Day 1. I'm completely enchanted by this game's visuals.

18. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Will definitely get this game. Love the art style, and the gameplay looks fun.

I looked at the other threads and haven't seen what the price tag will be. Has it been stated yet, or are they waiting until close to release to give the price point? I'm guessing the $20-30 range.

19. Wyrdwad

We haven't given a price yet. Stay tuned for that!

-Tom

20. Ribose5

Ribose5 New Member

This is basically what all the complaints are. I don't really care too much if the announcement of the game is held off until you know it's almost ready. But people really want that release date set in stone a month in advance. That kind of time is perfect (for consumers of course) to hype up the game and tell their friends and stuff. I'm not saying it's easy or even possible for you guys, but it's what I generally see. I guess announced games with no release date that are coming "in the next month or so" are harder to prepare for. I see this kind of opinion a lot when running a Falcom-related community.