Zwei:II website and info!

Discussion in 'Zwei Series' started by Wyrdwad, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

All you people worried about the status of Zwei need worry no longer -- we have a full report for you here:

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/165554690710/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog

It's not all good news (there has, as you've all suspected, been a slight delay), but as Nick's blog notes, better to delay and release a polished product than release something broken and patch it later -- first impressions are key, especially with a non-established franchise like this, so we want to make sure you guys enjoy the crap out of this game from day one!

Additionally, we've got a super-awesome website for the game as well:

http://visitilvard.com

So colorful! And fully optimized for browsing via mobile, too, so those of you who want to read about Zwei on the go can totally do so.

Enjoy! ;)

-Tom

Yotaka and saldite like this.
  2. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

edit: somebody ninja changed it without leaving an edit mark

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. Wyrdwad

That was me. ;) Heheheh.

Thanks for letting me know, though!

-Tom

4. lail

lail Well-Known Member

Did you ninja change something else too or is it just my imagination?

5. Wyrdwad

Just reworded things a bit, that's all.

-Tom

6. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Very nice website! Let the fun commence whenever it's ready and all the bugs are deader than Pokkles puns on arrival.

7. Yunyo_Tovah

Yunyo_Tovah Member

Patiently awaiting this game ever since the loc blog that basically called the main character Gene from Outlaw Star.

8. garion333

garion333 New Member

Gotta admit, that's one hell of a good site.

9. NesterTheLark

NesterTheLark Member

Nice site! The artwork for this game is gorgeous.

I love the character designs in this game, too. They're classic Falcom, whereas the characters from a lot of Falcom's more recent games look more generic (ie. bunch of kids in school uniforms).

On the other hand, however, I love floating islands and I don't care if they're a genre cliché! ;)

10. Wyrdwad

Same, man. Same. ;)

-Tom

11. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

Great work on the website! I wonder if Limfinite designed this for XSEED. There's a lot of great material here which I think Jess can and should showcase on Twitter and Facebook, which I hope happens sooner than later. I've been sold on this game for years, but it's important to get the most relevant hooks and media into other players' feeds so they can see this awesome, seasoned Falcom adventure for maybe their first time. (Maybe do character trailers, also, since the game's story really builds off its cast?)

Can you say, at this point, whether or not any big technical upgrades can happen for the game before QA wraps up? I know some people have brought up Zwei: II's 30 FPS lock, which the game's designed around but might still put a few players off.

12. Wyrdwad

As far as I'm aware, 60 fps has indeed been added, though I'm not 100% sure on that. I do know that Sara's done everything in her power to bring the game as far up to modern specs as possible, and I believe that was one of the ways in which she did so.

-Tom

13. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

Definitely make sure of that, since 60 FPS for this game would make it the definitive release. I'm fine with 30 of course, and doubling FPS like this requires a lot of manual work on animations and maybe physics which Hyde's had to tweak post-launch for Ys Seven. But it sure sounds like Sara's doing great work on the release thus far, so keep it up!