Zwei:AA launches January 24th!

Discussion in 'Zwei Series' started by Wyrdwad, Jan 11, 2018.

1. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

where do pets get the collars from my pet is still level 1 .

2. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

i had the wind collar but it got lost after i died i have it in a earlier save though

3. Any good grinding spots? Getting 10 of any food seems to take far longer compared to Zwei II, plus not being able to stack food means my inventory space fills up a lot faster.

Alternatively, could you perhaps please point me to a configuration file I could edit to tilt the stats and whatnot in my favour, in lieu of an actual easy mode?

4. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

i don't think i can i can post here a way too cheat the game though.

5. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Bandit: you should still have the collar -- if it's in an earlier save, there's no reason it wouldn't be in your later ones as well. Did you check the storage chest in your house? And if it's not there, maybe you accidentally dropped it or sold it -- did you speak with Ramsey outside Pneuma's mansion, to see if it shows up on his shop list? Any key items you drop or sell should always show up in his shop list.

Either way, collars are received from NPCs in the Pet Monitor (the first time you meet them, anyway; if you already received the collar from an NPC, the NPC will feed your pet instead, which will increase Pokkle's magic stock by 1). So if you encounter an NPC in the Pet Monitor, and he/she DOESN'T give you a collar, that means the game knows you already have it, so you don't need to worry about finding it again -- the item itself isn't as important as the progress flag in the Pet Monitor.

You won't level-up just by having the collar, though: you level-up by eating pet food, which your pet finds after defeating certain Hellcat bosses. And those Hellcat bosses are found in the Pet Monitor dungeons. You can only win a battle against a Hellcat if your pet has already been given the corresponding collar, though, so your best bet is to find all the NPCs you can first and foremost, then try to map out the dungeon locations and take on the bosses afterward.

And do note that not ALL Hellcats give you pet food. Some give you aluminum cans instead.

It's a rather complicated minigame. ;)

BrokenFantasy: I don't know of any ways to cheat, I'm afraid, but there are no rules against discussing such things, so if someone else has found a way and wants to post about it here, that's totally fine! As long as it doesn't involve pirating the game or anything, you can discuss it all you want. Heheh.

As for good spots to grind, the best I can do is suggest to go into the highest-level dungeon you can find and try to survive a few battles in there. That's a good way to get some high-level food, though it is of course very risky as well.

The other option is just to run through some early dungeon floors again, collecting low-level food until you have 10 of a certain type. Which should happen pretty quickly, since you'll be able to breeze through the lower-level floors.

You can then exchange those 10 for a much better food item, and repeat this process until you've effectively gotten 100 of the original food item and exchanged them for 10 of the upgraded type... which you can then exchange for 1 of an even MORE upgraded type that should instantly level you up (maybe multiple times!) when you eat it.

-Tom

BrokenFantasy1985 likes this.
  6. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

i got the wind collar does that unlock the dungeon for the pet?

7. Wyrdwad

The collars don't unlock the dungeons -- that occurs when you take the pet with you to that dungeon, in the main game.

The collars exist SOLELY to allow you to defeat the Hellcats. So when you have the wind collar, you can defeat the Hellcat in Caiaphas Woods; when you have the earth collar, you can defeat the Hellcat in Klopp Caverns; etc.

Actually going into those dungeons as part of the Pet Monitor, however, requires taking your pet with you to fight in Caiaphas Woods or Klopp Caverns so it becomes more familiar with the location, then -- later -- guiding the pet toward that location via the Pet Monitor.

-Tom

8. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

9. Do you have to keep the collars in your inventory for them to work? Or can you just leave them in storage? FINALLY managed to wreck that darn bird's face BTW after much grinding - luckily I have a lot of podcasts to listen to so that helps soften the grind. :p Thanks to you and bandit for the advice; hopefully I'll be over-levelled for the next few bosses now, lol.

10. Wyrdwad

Just toss 'em in storage! No need to keep them on-hand. ;)

-Tom

11. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

still get killed by the next cat boss in the garden have too level more.

12. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

where do you find more mushrooms

13. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Never found any myself, and not sure what they are used for, but late in the game you can buy mushrooms.

14. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

oh okay where at and where do i find the plane parts i found the engine but not the other part

15. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

The mushroom expert is the one who sells you the mushrooms, I want to say he starts doing that once the final area in unlocked, could be sooner. He'll be in the town. I know nothing about the plane parts.

16. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

17. Wyrdwad

You find the propeller in the same exact dungeon floor as the engine, actually! You just need to explore the area a bit more thoroughly...

-Tom

18. I consider myself to be pretty good at touch typing but MAN my wrists and fingers were aching after trying to clear The Typing of Ys (on Easy mode :eek::oops:). I managed to get to the Temple of Solomon and then just kept getting overwhelmed by all the enemies rushing at me, especially those little buggers with the short phrases or three-letter words...

19. bandit67

bandit67 New Member

the patch on gog is still behind steam version

20. Wyrdwad

Yep! That's a GOG thing, unfortunately. Steam patches can be pushed live 100% on our end -- so basically, if we want the game patched, we can just patch it, and it'll immediately propagate to everyone. GOG patches, on the other hand, have to actually go through GOG, so when we push a patch, we basically just queue it up for release as soon as GOG is able to get to it.

It's one of the few downsides of GOG, but the DRM-free nature of GOG games more than makes up for that, I feel.

-Tom