Zwei:AA launches January 24th!

Discussion in 'Zwei Series' started by Wyrdwad, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

2. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Bless you XSeed, you know how to make me happy. Love the tune of that trailer, and something about that art style is so endearing. I was hoping a release date was going to be announced during the Stream, so getting it now is a really nice surprise.

3. Wyrdwad

4. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

5. Wyrdwad

As well you should be! ;) There are definitely issues with the timing of this announcement, but hopefully we'll still be able to catch people's attention. We have a lot planned to that end, so stay tuned for lots more info and such!

-Tom

6. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I could post here but there isn't a lot to say.

I'll pick this up. Unlikely on day one for budgeting reasons, but at some point in the not-too-distant future.

7. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

I know you just recently confirmed a social media hire (and that Brittany's on vacation this month), but please make sure to keep up the Twitter/FB word for this release up through and after launch. A bunch of people might not know about the release date yet and they'll need time to budget if possible.

Otherwise, that's a nice blog you've got there and the game's looking great! I can't wait to play what's practically a new game thanks to the QoL improvements.

8. Wyrdwad

Don't worry, we have lots of tweeting planned for this game! ;)

And yeah, it really is like a whole new game. I can't stress enough just how much optimization and improvement Matt was able to wring out of this old code. I think you're going to be very pleased with the result!

-Tom

BrokenFantasy1985 likes this.
  9. Anirudh

Anirudh New Member

Loved The Ilvard Insurrection so this one would be day one buy for me. Hopefully it would keep me busy until Ys VIII. Also if you don't mind me asking. How long is this game ? It took me about 40 Hours to complete The Ilvard Insurrection. Is this about the same length or shorter ?

10. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Will be a day one for me, played the crap out of Ilvard (and thinking about that new game plus run as well) so definitely hopping on this!

11. Wyrdwad

Honestly, I'd say it's about the same length! If it's shorter at all, it's not by much -- and it may even be longer, as there are a larger number of dungeon floors to complete (though the story scenes don't last as long, which balances that out a bit).

-Tom

12. Jack Dandy

Jack Dandy Member

Day 1 purchase for me. Thanks for being awesome as usual, Xseed. I'll be sure to spread word of it as much as possible.

13. Wyrdwad

14. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Site looks fantastic! I'm watching the stream since I missed it. The controls of this game look pretty cool! Before this I had only seen screenshots which left much to be desired!

15. Yuri

Yuri Well-Known Member

I can't wait to own this! Actually looks better than the second game

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  16. Wyrdwad

I definitely know a lot of people who would say it is. I used to like the second game better, but after playing this game again for the first time since... probably 2006?... I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I remembered, and I'm now having a lot more trouble picking a favorite of the two. They both have a lot to offer, and complement one another wonderfully.

-Tom

Yuri likes this.
  17. Schtolteheim

Schtolteheim New Member

Everything about this game just oozes charm. You guys really outdid yourselves on this one!

BrokenFantasy1985 likes this.
  18. [​IMG]
    Noice! What a lovely surprise for January :) Thanks XSeed!

19. Wyrdwad

20. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Wednesday can't come soon enough, looks like a really fun game from the various parts of the Stream I caught (was making my own food during the stream, so I wouldn't get hungry from it). A reliable source of mine told me the bunny in question was a terrible character, so any intentional or unintentional harm to it was deserved. Rover is confirmed best Dog