Ys: Memories of Celceta coming to PC this Summer

Discussion in 'Ys Series' started by Trails of Persona, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

2. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

It never was a mystery, also it's a shame none of those are new games. (The Senran game is just a remake of a 3DS game on ps4)
    Net high never ever.

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

What games are you referring to? We haven't revealed the other two silhouettes yet, but if you're referring to the guesses that were posted on our Twitter, one of the three very specifically IS a new game -- at least, not one that's ever been localized before.

Also, we've already stated that Net High is not a game we're able to release, and given a rather thorough explanation as to why not. I'm sorry to say, you will not be seeing that title in our teasers at any point, as the stated reasons for being unable to work on it still apply.

-Tom

4. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

While I don't tend to pick up copies of games I already own (Unless the port is physical), this is an excuse for me to badger friends to purchase this that never had a Vita but played the other PC Ys titles.

I am incredibly excited if it is indeed English Detective Mysteria. Fingers crossed, but I've bought every release XSEED has done since the Shadow Hearts + Wild Arms days so as long as it's new my wallet is ready.

5. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

Yea I'm talking about those mysterious twitter games with silhouettes of character people found out almost instantly(I'm surprised that there enough fans of that PSP detective games for that to happen though).
    I'm just saying that if the "new" game is indeed the remake of Senran Burst, I'm not hyped because I could play it on 3DS (also it looks like another clone of shinovi versus with copy paste maps and enemies).
    I already knew it was not Net High and it's why I use that game specifically, it's not like there's that many huge new games to localize. The last huge one was Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk and it's already covered.
    Of course if it's Touhou sky Arena then I'm throwing all of my money.
    edit: It even got an english trailer

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  6. Tonton

Tonton New Member

Any ETA for when we might get a Store Page for this?

7. Anirudh

Anirudh New Member

I hope my PC can run this. I got 60FPS constantly on both Trails of Cold Steel games but couldn't launch Ys Seven which is way less demanding.

8. Wyrdwad

Did you ever report your issues with Ys Seven to us? If not, please do send us an email at support@xseedgames.com with a full description of the problem, and we can hopefully figure out what's causing it. Because you're absolutely correct that Ys Seven is considerably less demanding than the Cold Steel games -- as the old saying goes, "it'll practically run on a toaster." So to hear that you couldn't even LAUNCH it is quite worrisome, and indeed does not bode well for Celceta (which is a considerably higher-fidelity experience, being based on a Vita game as opposed to a PSP game, and thus demands slightly higher specs than Ys Seven by default).

Very sorry for the trouble you've experienced!

-Tom

9. Anirudh

Anirudh New Member

It's okay tom I had the problem last year on launch and have uninstalled the game since then. I had already completed the game on PSP before so It's not that big of an issue for me.

10. Wyrdwad

Well, the thing is, if you had this issue last year on Ys Seven, there's a greater than average chance you'll have a similar problem with Ys Celceta as well! So if we can get it resolved now with Ys Seven, that could mean getting it fixed before it even becomes a problem with Ys Celceta.

Hopefully, though, whatever it was got fixed regardless, and you won't encounter any further trouble!

-Tom

11. Anirudh

Anirudh New Member

I remember it was a "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll can not be found" error. It can be usually solved by updating " Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio" but that did nothing for me. That's all I remember sadly. Hopefully it won't be a problem with Celceta as you said.

12. Wyrdwad

Oh, that's good info to know. But also sounds to me like the game probably just didn't install properly on your computer -- most likely, repairing the installation was all you needed to get it running. So I think you should be OK for Celceta, hopefully!

-Tom

13. ProtoLegacy

ProtoLegacy New Member

Hey Tom,new poster here .I'd like to ask. You guys every consider translating Nayuta no Kiseki? If the game ever comes to the PC would you consider doing so? Thanks for all the great work you guys do!

14. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I don't remember if he has commented since this, but the biggest limiting factor back in 2014 was the platform. With XSEED releasing PC ports of PSP/Vita games now, it seems like something with decent likelihood of getting picked up. Even if it was something they were interested in or planning I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after London Detective Mysteria, assuming they are working with Hyde for all their ports.

The new fan translation already stole the awesome English title of "Trails to Infinity."

15. Wyrdwad

I can tell you that I, personally, have suggested it, and even suggested an English name for it: "Nayuta: Boundless Trails." It defines the word nayuta (which means infinite or boundless) while still retaining the name in Japanese (since it's also the main character's name), and even incorporates the word "trails" while relegating it to a subtitle (since the game has literally NOTHING to do with the Kiseki franchise beyond stealing its name). ;)

It never came to pass, though, and we have no current plans to work on this title, unfortunately. I thought the fan-translators had used my name idea, as I do recall suggesting it to them back when the fan-translation first started up -- but if they ultimately went with the more literal "Trails to Infinity," I guess not!

But yeah... good game indeed!

-Tom

16. Paiguy

Paiguy Member

Release seems to be July 25th if anyone hadn't seen yet.

17. Wyrdwad

That it is! And we've got a revamped World of Ys site for the whole series to help celebrate:

http://www.worldofys.com

It's pretty spectacular, and should have more than enough info on it for anyone looking to get into the series!

-Tom

18. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

now we just have to wait for somebody to make a buzz lightyear hack so we can go to infinity and beyond.

Hey, Tom, what are the configuration options looking like for the PC release?

19. Wyrdwad

Let's fire it up and check!

Here's what I'm seeing in the launcher right now:

Display
    - Resolution (whatever your system supports)
    - Window Mode (windowed, fullscreen, borderless)
    - Framerate (30, 60, 120, unlimited)
    - VSync (on, off)

Image Quality
    - Antialiasing (off, MSAAx2, MSAAx4, MSAAx8, SSAAx4)
    - Texture Filter (off, bilinear, trilinear, anisotropic x2, anisotropic x4, anisotropic x8, anisotropic x16)
    - Texture Resolution (default, 1/2, 1/4)
    - Character Draw Distance (short, default, long, unlimited)
    - HDR (on, off)
    - HDR Gamma Intensity (weakest, weak, default, strong, strongest)
    - HDR Glare Intensity (weakest, weak, default, strong, strongest)
    - Point Light (on, off)

Shadow Quality
    - Shadow Casters (default, none, all)
    - Resolution (low, med, high, ultra)
    - Shadow Distance (shortest, short, default, longest)
    - Soft Shadow Filtering (on, off)
    - Circle Shadows (on, off)

Input
    - Button Calibration (individually redefining buttons on, say, an Xbox gamepad to be mapped to DualShock naming standards, or vice versa)
    - Button Prompts (Xbox, DualShock, KB/Mouse, PC Classic)
    - Key Config (self-explanatory!)

General
    - Language (English, Japanese - applies to written text only)
    - Skip Startup Logos (on, off)
    - Skip Intro (on, off)
    - Skip All Videos (on, off)
    - Hide Process When Inactive (on, off)
    - Play BGM When Inactive (on, off)
    - Display Launcher on Startup (on, off)
    - Cursor on Save (Latest Date, Empty Data)
    - Autosave (disabled, every minute, every 5 minutes, every 15 minutes)
    - Create Thumbnail on Autosave (on, off)
    - High-Speed Fast-Forwarding (on, off)

Note that when mousing over any of these, the sidebar shows screenshots to display the differences among each selection, and also explains what each option does in more detail.

-Tom

20. PasokonDeacon

PasokonDeacon Member

I'm very impressed by the lengths Hyde's gone to integrate options into the game, especially now that there's a lot more to adjust!