Yoru No Nai Kuni (Ps Vita And Ps3/ps4)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by asdronin, Sep 6, 2015.

1. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Hi all,
    I think this might be the right place to suggest good titles that would fit in Xseed catalogue, but if its wrong suggestion please receive my apologies. I suggest this title that comes from Gust in October this year in Japan, its an action rpg that looks really cool with two opposed characters as the main ones with different skills, I hope more people around here have heard about it and since its action based title may be fitting quite well in Xseed catalogue, I hope you agree with this and we can see a Xseed localized version of this =).

2. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

If this gets localized it will probably be by KT or NISA. Looks interesting despite the ridiculous fanservice. I'd like to see some extended gameplay footage though, all I've seen are trailers and I'm not really sold.

3. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

While I'm interested in this game, I'll need to see more gameplay before I buy it. That, and it comes out the day after Tokyo Xanadu, so I'll be busy with that.

4. asdronin

asdronin New Member

ChaosBlade77, I never really know for sure which company is more likely to be localizing a game, do you base your thoughts on previous contracts with other games from same company? also if KT or Nisa pick it I think they can do good too (even if my frist choice would be Xseed of course), well this game is more focused in the story and action so the fanservice wouldnt be a trouble like any company would require that to be censored or anything, also yes I would like to see more ingame footage, I have seen the same you saw, I know we cant tell for sure wether its good or not, the videos availables show so few and the rest are only screenshots, but still it feels like it could play really good, also the developer behind this game (as producer or some similar position I think) is the same behind the Deception series (PSX, PS2, PS3, Psvita), well I know its totally different game type but still looks cool somehow.

UltraKyu, I totally agree, I dont know why they are being so hermetic on this game showing so few details when its to be released so soon, even Japanese people will have a hard time thinking about it because all that they show looks nice and interesting but with so few videos showing anything from gameplay its hard to tell its good or not. Also yes Im really interested in Tokyo Xanadu, just I havent decided yet to import it or wait to see if Xseed picks it, I have the feeling that TX might be a game so deep and with quite a decent plot thats worth waiting for it to be localized, also some times I have been blocked by the language barrier in games like this one so I fear that to happen again.

5. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

KT owns Gust and has been localizing their games recently, so they would be the first option.

If they choose not to release it, NISA might pick it up since they used to localize Gust's games before KT bought them. And KT has worked with NISA for LEs and distribution I think.

If neither of those companies release it there is probably a good reason for it which would prevent other companies from wanting to do it, but who knows.

6. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Ah I understand it now, thanks for explaining =), I didnt know KT bought Gust, and also seeing what you said about Nisa and Gust in the past is probably as you said, the most suitable option if its not KT, then maybe if neither of them pick it probably nobody will.... however I hope that scenario never happens, but considering there are many good games not being localized these days it seems like a matter of luck. So far as I have seen about this game it avoids some risky themes that usually make companies fear bringing them like showing torture specifically into 'lolita' characters or being a game only centered in the fan service although we know it seems to have some of that but looks safe to me, also it seems like an action game with a variety of skills depending on the character and the hability to summon some servants to fight and even make different weapons from blood that change the behaviour of such servants, so its a kind of gameplay that could sell decently around the west market (theoritically), I mean I can understand companies doubt about bringing more complex and strange mechanics like these seem in Japan a lot like... I dont know Kancolle maybe, if anybody is after this game please take no offense, I might try it too if its localized, just Im thinking about what is more common in west market not pretending to say it wouldnt sell well, maybe it would sell quite decently who knows.

Also as a side note, I read in a physical magazine, that this game features a certain "something" that is present in most Gust titles, well the magazine editor was smart enough to place Arnas (one of the main characters) image over the text hiding what was that "something" that Gust includes in their game and is present in this one too, I have played some Gust games but I have no idea about this mentioned kind of "trade mark" they seem to include, anybody know about this? google reveals nothng really.

7. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Well Im a bit unsure about how to post videos so I hope they show up right, anyway, these are gameplay videos finally, I think Im sold even if I have to play it in japanese, but of course I hope it gets localized

8. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

While I don't care for the fan service aspect, what I've seen of the gameplay looks really good. I'll probably buy it when it comes out.

9. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Agree, the fanservice aspect seems to be just another fact of the game and its not focusing into it, so yeah for me gameplay looks good, then I will be getting it too, just I think this have some chances to be localized, what do you think?

10. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

To be honest, I don't know or really care. I don't play many localized games anymore. I can't even tell you what the last localized game I bought was.

Oh, I remember: Knights in the Nightmare, 3 years ago.

11. asdronin

asdronin New Member

I see, can you read japanese? I myself cant read it, but I have played some japanese non translated games of course, those that were not going to come to the west and mainly figured out the story seeing the cutscenes or characters voices and expressions you know, and I know one can enjoy the game a lot this way, I have done that way like many people I guess (unless I hit language barrier and get stuck) but... I think if there is luck and the game gets localized then its like we can get an extra dose of fun from it (also avoiding getting stuck like in the first Akiba's Trip to name one example).

By the way I think I remember Knights in the Nightmare... wasnt it a PSP title? well I played it on PSP but maybe got PS3 release too

12. kytos

kytos New Member

Looks like it is being localized for PS4 and is slated for an Early 2016 release.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/17/land-of-no-night-is-headed-westward-in-2016-for-playstation-4/

13. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Shame about PSV version, but will be getting it on PS4.

14. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Sure can. I am Japanese (well, Japanese-American), by the way.

Yup, it was a PSP title, but it also had a DS release.

PS3 and Vita versions getting the shaft? What a surprise. <_<

15. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

I see Sony hand behind those non-PS4 versions being shafted. No company would skip publishing it in other platforms when they have all the localization done.

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

PS3 I can understand, but it sucks about the Vita versions :/ I guess the rule of thumb is if a PS4 version already exists, then the Vita gets the boot.

17. Tsuiokuhen

Tsuiokuhen New Member

This game looks great. I'll support a Vita version even if it's digital only, so they better get that decision overturned.

More gameplay:

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Their FB is already full of Vita complaints, so there still may be a chance...

19. kytos

kytos New Member

This is my personal rule of thumb tbh. If I have a choice between PS4 and Vita then I'm going to pick PS4, because the game will usually run smoother and I just prefer to play on a full sized console. I can totally empathize with those wanting a Vita version however and I hope they eventually decide to bring that one over too.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Depending on the game, I will take PS4 over Vita. However, if it's a game that has been consistent through the Vita, like Danganronpa, I'll be more inclined to get it on Vita just like the others ones I own.