Yep, It Was Nitro+ Blasterz!

Discussion in 'Nitro+ Blasterz' started by Wyrdwad, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

We should've had a release date to announce by now already, but mastering is kicking our asses -- lots of little sniggly issues holding up the master, which absolutely need to be resolved before we can set a firm release date. Nothing major, so no worries there -- just annoying little stuff that's going to consistently bump back our projected date until it's taken care of.

Hopefully we'll have something to announce soon, though!

-Tom

2. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

I love them personally, but I rarely get my hopes up for reversible covers. Thanks for ones you do and hoping this comes out before April given challenges it is presenting.

3. kytos

kytos New Member

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the update though. Can't wait to finally scratch this anime fighter itch.

4. FutaKing

FutaKing New Member

Can't wait for this game, super excited to have more good fighting games on ps4! Are you guys scurred of releasing it near SFV?

5. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I don't think they should be. Despite both being fighting games I suspect the player overlap is not that big lol.

6. MikuruX

MikuruX New Member

In regards to the changes made to the NA version cover, they were:

1. The title logo was raised to cover Sonico's chest
    2. Muramasa was shifted very far to the right and had her crotch area tucked behind the Marvelous Entertainment logo
    3. Ethica was shifted slightly to the left to cover up Saya's thigh while Saya is shifted to the left a bit behind Sonico to cover her butt (like.....really?)
    4. Al Azif was shifted slightly to the left (I'm going to guess because it was like she's poking Sonico's breasts?)
    5. Ruili is shifted slightly to the left so she's not stuck behind the logo.
    6. Sonico's top was slightly altered so that it covers more of her breasts.

Jeez, it makes me wonder if you guys are going to be altering the ingame art during the story & another story modes. I swear, the ESRB was a mistake (no one follows that crap anyway) as their inconsistent with everything they rate or the reasons they rate something. This also makes everything so political which isn't needed in gaming but I'm not going to turn this into a long rant so I'm ending it here.

Anyway, I ended up pre-ordering 2 limited editions of the JP version (PS3 & PS4) and I'm very happy with them. I do intend to get the NA version when it comes out solely because it's annoying dealing with having to remember what everyone's name looks like in Japanese in ranked match (yeah, the menus are in english but the character & assist names are in Japanese.....EXAMU didn't do this with Aquapazza or Arcana Heart so why now). Anyway, I'm going to give you guys a heads up now that online is going to be rather sketchy. If I was to rate it right now, the netcode is on par with Aquapazza. Luckly, playing people in the states is going to make things better than trying to play someone overseas....the lag is beyond horrible to the point that you can't do nothing online that you do offline. I hope you guys get EXAMU to do some changes to the netcode before release or in a update (because their not using the netcode from Arcana Heart....that belongs to Arc System Works). Online is literally dead right now till the NA version comes out. Only a handful of JP players online but for those of us in the US, playing them is not an option due to the netcode and how random the match will go (not to mention slow as molasses & stiff controls).

I'm kinda wondering why the PS3 version is PSN download only though. Other than that, see you all on the 26th (if it comes out at that time).

7. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Tom has mentioned how cover art is different from content as anyone can walk by and see the cover, you have to purchase the title to see the content.

Part of why I love reversible covers is not only do they look cleaner without so much clutter, but allow for greater creative freedom to not have to appeal across spectrum and be inoffensive.

8. Wyrdwad

As Augen noted, the ESRB is just really strict with box art because it's the one part of the game EVERYBODY sees. There have been absolutely no content edits of any kind in-game, rest assured!

-Tom

9. MikuruX

MikuruX New Member

Well, that's reassuring then. At least that's something some people can rest easy about....well, those who would nitpick every little aspect of the game.

10. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Release date confirmed for 2/2
    https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/687716181390659584

11. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

That came out of nowhere! I expected mid to late March at this rate, not couple of weeks from now. XSeed always keeps me on my toes.

12. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

I just realized 2nd of February have Gravity Rush, Digimon, and now Nitro+ Blasterz on my buy list. February this year is going to like November normally is for me.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Feb 2 is gunna be rough!

Don't forget, Amazon pre-orders for it is 20% off!

14. Wyrdwad

2/2: It ain't just for ballerinas anymore.

...I'll show myself out. ;)

-Tom

15. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Well, technically a 2/2 US release is partially 2/3 for me here in Oz which is my birthday, which sounds like a great present!

(Except for the time it takes for the games to get here from the US XD)

16. MikuruX

MikuruX New Member

Just wanted to point out that there is a rather stupid flaw in one of those combos shown in the Ruili trailer:

https://www.youtube....h?v=l93JgP2r1v4

At any rate, I'll get back to experimenting with other things with Ruili & Muramasa for now.

17. kytos

kytos New Member

Same day as Digimon. That's either going to be a great day or a terrible day for me.

18. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

Wait, what? Where? How?

19. kytos

kytos New Member

I'm pretty sure it's only if you have Prime.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah forgot to add that :x I've had Prime for a few years now, so I forget.