Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) Series

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by simon7109, Jul 10, 2014.

1. simon7109

simon7109 New Member

Probably lot of people asked it, but I didn't see any topic for it so I give it a try.
    Probably Sega won't localaize any more Yakuza games for us, so maybe XseeD could?
    There is Yakuza Kenzan!, Yakuza 5 and Yakuza Ishin! what doesn't have western release.
    What are the chances for this to happen?

2. SIN2

SIN2 New Member

I really want Yakuza 5 too

Good news is that Sony asked fans which games they would like to see localized since they are making a studio to help 3rd parties. Final Fantasy Type-0 and Yakuza 5 were by far the most requested, so maybe they will be willing to help Sega. I also remember Sega saying that they would be okay with Atlus (now under Sega) to help bring over different titles and even to use IPs that they haven't used in awhile, the first glimpse of collaboration is the Persona 4 dancing game that uses the Hatsune Miku engine.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I heard that it's cause the Japanese devs program the english Yakuza versions and since they are always busy with the next game in the series, have no time to cater to international fans :/

4. SIN2

SIN2 New Member

That might be part of it, but I'm pretty sure the big reason is the licensing of actual Japanese products in the game, apparently while 3 and 4 had a decent amount, 5 is on a whole other level of ads in the game that they'd have to get permissions to use overseas. We'll see, that game is quite cool and I wish there were more like it, to me it is a great modern day version of what a JRPG can be. Of course people all want to knock JRPGs and then they've never played Yakuza or considered it as one since it isn't at all traditional. I just like the feel of playing a character in a yakuza movie or something, it is quite satisfying too!

Whenever I play it though, it always makes me want to smoke a cigarette, they seriously smoke in like every scene of those games!

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't realize it was like Akiba's Trip where they had real stuff in it. Yeah there's definitely that element, although I doubt Ishan would have any :p

6. SIN2

SIN2 New Member

Lol, I think Sony has made an offer to help them. I'd imagine that they had a part in bringing Type-0 over here, but then again, maybe not, since it is now coming to XB1 too. TBH I'm surprised that were not just getting a Vita port, I'd enjoy that more. Playing FF Type-0 with the english patch and its actually quite good.

7. simon7109

simon7109 New Member

That's why XSEED could do the localization :)
    If SEGA doesn't have the time and money for it, they should let XSEED to do it. I mean if XSEED can localaize Akiba's Trip which is close to Yakuza in content quantity(in game ads and stuff), and it worth to localize, then Yakuza would be a great choice for XSEED.
    They would just win with it. Yakuza is much more known in the west than other niché games what XSEED usually localize. So it's only depends on SEGA. If they don't want to do it I can't see why wouldn't they let others to do it. It would be a win-win situation.
    I love the series so I would love to play the latest games. I imported Kenzan!, but it's not the same if I don't understand anything... And the guides doesn't really help to enjoy properly.
    I know, Kenzan! is not really a new game, but it would worth it to localaize that too.
    And I almost forgot Yakuza 1-2 HD collection. The localization is basically complete, they just need to use the PS2 subtitles and put it on to the PS3 HD version.
    I don't even want English audio, it's good in japanese.

8. akito666

akito666 New Member

I am going to complete my Ryu ga Gotoku collection once I go to HK this winter. I will buy 1&2HD, Kenzan, and Ishin. I already have the rest. I am 7.5 hours in Ryu ga Gotoku 5. Doing pretty well..

XSeed, if you can.. Please try to obtain the rights for this series and localize it. I don't mind buying two regions of the same game. I have Yakuza 3 and Ryu ga Gotoku 3, Yakuza 4 and Ryu ga Gotoku 4, Yakuza 2 and Ryu ga Gotoku 2.