Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls coming to PC May 29, 2019.

Discussion in 'Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls' started by Cold_Steel_IV, May 17, 2019.

1. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

2. Calros

Calros Administrator

Thank you for posting this information!

Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

This was the game I made an xseed forum account for back in the day =P

4. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Small update/delay:

"Wizardry Update: Due to an unforeseen issue involving IP licensing, the game cannot launch today as previously intended. We apologize for the sudden delay, and thank you for your understanding. We’ll be sure to keep everyone informed with a new release date when it's resolved."

Source: https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/1133807938810843138

No worries! I hope the recent issue get resolved without too many problems. Is there any more info you can share on what happened, though?

I haven't played a Wizardry game, yet. Could you tell me a little about the games? I've heard they're pretty difficult!

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Hard to describe without knowing how much experience you have with first person dungeon crawlers. I would not recommend it as your first, nor would I recommend it if you have a hard time liking older games. Comparing it to say something like Etrian odyssey. It has more depth in terms of character customization... It also seems to have more stuff, and openness... But it has some of the things older games have that will can be hard to get used to again like a severe lack of guidance. I haven't played it for awhile so I don't remember but I recall the UI also just felt slower and less friendly than I'm used to in modern games, and it does other 'old' things like having to roll for your character stats, where if you're a perfectionist or a completionist or something, can be a horrible waste of time as you spend a full hour simply hoping for high rolls for your characters that CAN happen but rarely effing do.

Basically it's pretty niche and it's cool to have a modernized version of an older style first person dungeon crawler, but it IS an older style first person dungeon crawler, so beware.

6. Calros

Calros Administrator