With The New Forums Here Now, A Problem Will Crop Up.

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by beginner, Oct 26, 2013.

1. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Opinions are opinions, but there are people out there that think their opinions are always right.

2. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Wait, you're painting it out like Terro and I were the problem. He was the guy talking about the manual, and I was the one talking about the printing on the box. And we didn't complain so much, as make suggestions as to what we'd like to/ would rather see Atlus do. I thought we were both pretty polite and civil, but we got jumped on by the Atlus regulars like they were a pack of wild dogs.

3. TheSlappyOne

TheSlappyOne New Member

And then are because I said so.
    That has to make it right.

Unless I say they're wrong.
    Because they clearly are then.

I'm obviously joking but I get what you mean

4. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

And then this is why I sometimes ignore some people's opinions.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm a little confused too. I was basically asking if this was the end of manuals and why they stopped etc. All I got was a load of "BE GRACIOUS YOU GOT THE GAME!!" and "PEOPLE STILL LIKE/READ MANUALS??!" and the admin response was "would you like our packaging department to make a sticker on the outside saying 'no manual inside!' because I think we can work something out if you want that". Blatant sarcasm was the response.

I thought it was hypocriticial, since the 3DS game prior to that, Code of Princess, was unboxed BY Atlus, with them saying "we know you like the nice colour manuals" ON their video! So the comments were the complete opposite. It was a tease too, when Soul Hackers got a pamphlet (still something, as far as I was concerned) and then nothing in SMTIV, unless you got the shiny first print. EO:MG basically sealed the deal that they are DONE with manuals on 3DS games, cause profits, I guess. (Actually, if you compare the box even, from their DS titles, you can feel from that, to Code of Princess, to EO:MG just HOW thinner the boxes are getting, and how tinier the art booklets are :/)

6. akito666

akito666 New Member

Good luck Tom!

7. Leilee

Leilee New Member

Nah I didn't mean you guys, on the manual thing, the people that were rude were the ones making it out like you even voicing an opinion that was different was a sin. I'd point out exact posts, but I almost think that's inappropriate. If you care to see further opinion on that, I can certain PM you about that one. One of the staff members made a comment that was seriously out of line too, and if the forums were more active...well a comment like that coulda been PR disaster.

Though I still think the box thing is silly, and don't get it. From a marketing standpoint, the big logo on the box itself makes it easier to probably package and print, along with being cheaper of course than box+sticker. But hey, I personally ain't gunna jump down someone's throat over having a different opinion than me. Well, as long as someone isn't going to be a hostile jerk about it.
    Sorry if my previous post made it out like Terro and you were the problem. :(

Are the boxes getting cheaper/thinner on only Atlus games, or is it all DS/3DS games in general?
    The artbooks have been a bit skimpy except the SMTIV one was pretty awesome as a mix of that+strategy guide.

8. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Thing on the box doesn't even make sense anyways. Anyone who doesn't know the game isn't gonna buy it just because it so happens to contain a cd, and anyone who was going to buy it most likely already knew the cd was there.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Well they are the only ones doing the boxes for the 3DS first prints, but you really notice a reduction in quality... Don't forget, the SMTIV WAS $10 more the begin with too, giving them the budget of something more. Funny how they make it sound like it's a duo artbook, when really there's only like 2 pages of art :p

10. SirPaper

SirPaper Renegade of Funk

You mean where the case has holes in it? Because I know the case for Rune Factory 4 is the same way. (Although it has little character portraits peaking out through said holes, so I don't mine it. :p )

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Kid Icarus did that too, with the little pictures on the inside.