With The New Forums Here Now, A Problem Will Crop Up.

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by beginner, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Keikain

Keikain Galaxy of the Dawn

Yeah, I certainly don't have many worries for peace here. Imagine itself migrated into Atlus Online's forums and that was a reasonably painless transition. The regulars here were very welcoming, even if we're a little noisy sometimes.

I'm glad to see XSeed bringing a lot more activity and game discussion here. And hopefully, both forums can benefit from having a brand new shared space like this. X3

2. TheSlappyOne

TheSlappyOne New Member

I'll honestly admit that a large part of why I never posted on the original XSeed forums was because I would have had to make a new account. I'm remarkably lazy like that. With this merger, now I don't have to worry about it. Two birds with one stone, etc.

3. NorseFTX

NorseFTX New Member

Woohoo! New forum!
    *Breaks champagne bottles*

...Out of curiosity, why was the move made?

4. Cqef

Cqef Member

The original XSEED Forums were hacked pretty badly a month and a half ago, so since then the community created there got homeless.

5. dunno001

dunno001 Member

Going by the cross-posts I'm seeing already (including in this thread), I think (and hope) this will be a non-issue. One of the things I've liked about the XSEED forums, at least, was that people seemed more mature than the average internet forum. The fact that I've not been driven away despite my probably being... north of the average age... speaks some volume.

6. Leilee

Leilee New Member

I'm not too worried about Atlusonline forum people spilling over here to cause trouble.

Tom is really good at keeping a close eye on these forums, and I trust us as regulars to be able to handle trolling and bullying very well.

We'll be fine.

7. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I've already gotten a better impression from this thread of the Atliners (That's what I'm calling you!) than the regulars at the, err...regular Atlus forums...but no offense if some you are over there too.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm only sad that our post counts are tiny in comparison :p

9. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I also cannot vouch for the MMO players, but from our standing regulars, there shouldn't be an issue.

10. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

I think a swift punch to the crotch of every outsider would solve a lot of our issues over Japanese Video Games, a subject which has been the center of countless debates and even a few battles throughout history. I agree the members should be kept SEPERATE, I do not like the risk of DOUBLE AGENTS. This is literally the most important part of my life, any trolling and passive-aggressive criticisms from outsiders will be met with a tough guy internet threat and defense of my favorite anime characters. Keep the races forum members seperate.

11. Larkantia

Larkantia Ms. Blessing Destruction

Nope, "Atlusonliners" aren't primitive beings, I promise u_u We don't bite nor hit on heads with a bludgeon pretending it's our territory we defend. Don't even get why you worried about this in the first place.... Never went to the old Xseed forum. Did you actually have any problem there?

12. Cqef

Cqef Member

It was badly hacked and got out of service a month and a half ago.

13. Larkantia

Larkantia Ms. Blessing Destruction

Well, that's pretty sad indeed but again, you have nothing to fear from the people from Atlus Online.

14. SirPaper

SirPaper Renegade of Funk

*Puts on boxing gloves*

Let's do this! Come on, one shot gimme one shot! One good shot, come at me, hey hey one shot! One... shot...

wait how does boxing work again? Where am I? Did someone say we're having pudding for lunch? I do like... pudding... *snore*

*pop* wuh AH! New people! Hi! Don't hurt me, I bruise! :blink:

15. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

We come in peace! :)

16. SirPaper

SirPaper Renegade of Funk

Ahh, so it's aliens then. Already took ma cows, now they want to take me! But not without a fight they wo... wait I'm already on their ship.

Well dagnabbit!

17. h2foxo

h2foxo New Member

Think of the XSEED addition as more friends!
    [​IMG]

or at least more games and posts.

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm glad this topic turned out playful^^ Not sure why anyone would have an issue to begin with! Atlus Online does not = Atlus regular forums >_> Those people are an entirely different crowd...

It's like we had to make a forced Exodus and can meet new friends this way, who have so far greeted us warmly^^ Yay for getting along! So far, everyone feels like XSEEDy people, where we are all nice and get along^^ Hugs 4 everyone!

19. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Free hugs are always nice. =)

20. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Yeah, we're an entirely different community than Atlus USA Forums. I make no judgements on that forum of course, I'm sure there are plenty of great people there, but I've had nothing but bad experiences there. For one, they apparently had multiple threads back in the day where various members there discussed their dislike of Atlus Online forums, and every time I posted there I got negative responses. The last time I posted there was to ask an honest question about the localization of the future games in the Persona series (regarding them dropping the "Shin Megami Tensei" title from P4G and P4A), and I wasn't given an answer, instead just mocked and written-off by both the users and a staff member.

So, yeah, if you guys thought we were like that then I can sort of understand the worry now. But nope, we're mostly all friendly here.