With The New Forums Here Now, A Problem Will Crop Up.

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by beginner, Oct 26, 2013.

1. beginner

beginner Member

There is gonna be a problem that will crop up sooner or later and I kinda want it settled in this thread only. There may be a fight between the atlusonline forumers and the old xseed forumers. Please post in this thread if you wish to sort it out.

2. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Why would that ever happen?

I certainly don't want that to happen.

3. beginner

beginner Member

It's a possibility. I don't want it to either and I have seen it happen on another forum before.

4. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Erm...a fight? Wth...How?

5. beginner

beginner Member

Ok, these forums and the atlusonline forums are actually one forum as well as the database. The Atlusonline forumers can easily come here and do random, or otherwise very negative stuff, towards the xseed forumers. This is what I am worried about with the way it's set up. I am not in any way against the atlusonline forumers, I am just hoping none of the negative crap they have other there, if any, spills over here.

6. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Okay, I understand that much but...How/Why would a fight break out? I mean, c'mon...

7. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

I think it would be cool if we all got along, personally.

I don't play any of the MMOs hosted here, so I can't speak for any of the communities surrounding those online games, but the General Discussion section of Atlus Online (now Marvelous USA aka the "Online" button on the top of this forum) has been mostly dead for awhile. Our Anime and Video Game discussion sections rarely get any posts (even less posts now that they've been turned into sub-sub-sections within the Fun & Games section). We've got a long-standing group of 10 or so posters that have been together since 2009, but I'm more excited by the possibilities of this merger than afraid of any fight. Having new people to talk to about stuff could be fun. It so rarely happened on the forum before this.

We tend to keep all our fights in a specific large chatroom-like thread anyway. So unless you predict hostility from your end, this section shouldn't have any problem. It's should be all sugar and rainbows. :)

8. beginner

beginner Member

How? All it takes is for one person to troll/rage on the xseed forumers, and vice versa, and it will escalate to a full blown war.

9. beginner

beginner Member

Sorry for the double post. Thankyou, my worries are now gone for the moment.

10. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

If that ever happens, it would be the action of an individual. I don't think any "war between forums" would happen. Plus, I'm pretty sure most of the old Atlus Online members (or at least the ones who go to the Social Corner over there) have nothing but love for XSEED.

11. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

The only fight I'm going to be involved in is due the fact my username is taken.

Worse yet, the person who has it has never even posted in 4 years. :(

12. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

If anybody starts trouble here, I'll be all over that, don't worry. I learned my lesson from the last XSEED forums, and am very definitely ready to DEFEND OUR HONOR, should the need arise.

I actually wrote the rules for our side of the forum myself, so... yeah... as you can see, I tried to cover all my bases as best as I could. ;)

-Tom

13. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Well, now that the threat of a war has been diffused, I'd like to ask some questions regarding this new XSEED forum. Since this thread is sort of the "Marvelous USA - XSEED Forums Relations Thread", and I wasn't getting any answers on the Marvelous USA side of thing, I just figured I'd ask here too since there seems to be way more staff being way more active here.

What does this merger actually mean for these two previously separate forums? They're both hosted on the same forum, but right now it's impossible to actually get to the front page of the forum without entering the url manually. Instead all we get are buttons that take us to the "Online" section and the "Console" section. There's no "Home" button where we can see everything on the page all nice and neat. I've been asking about this for weeks, was just wondering if there was any reason for it.

Furthermore, even Wyrdwad just now referred to this as a "side" of the forum, and mentioned how it has it's own rules thread. Right now it's a little confusing as to just how separate these two "sides" are. Will they be run by completely different admin/mods with different sets of rules? Is the goal to treat them like two separate forums, or is this an actual merger of forums/community? If it's a merger, that homepage button is definitely needed more than ever so it's easier to navigate the overall forum. Although honestly it's needed either way as it's harder to see what the new threads are or get to the status update features without one.

Lastly, if this is a merger, it raises the question of there now being two General Discussion sections. There is the Social Corner on what used to be Atlus Online and now this section on the Console/XSEED side. We even have our own Anime and Video Game sections over there, which means there are now two places on the overall forum to discuss anime and video games. Not to mention the Fun & Games section, which has a long-standing community built around it. Hopefully if the two General Discussions are merged or something we don't lose our identity or our threads. But it also strikes me as a bit silly to spread the General Discussion out like this, since it only limits conversations, especially if the goal is for this to be one big forum now. Or is the goal to act like these are still two completely different forums that just happen to share accounts?

14. Wyrdwad

Essentially, the thought -- at least for now -- is that these are indeed two entirely separate forums that just so happen to have the same host. Remember, there was a whole XSEED forum community at http://www.xseedgames.com not too long ago, which existed well before we officially joined with Marvelous Online to become Marvelous USA, but that community got destroyed in one fell swoop by some hackers going on a joyride. What we've done here for the moment is pretty much recreate the general structure of our old forums, and our side is indeed completely autonomous at the moment -- different admins, different rules, different everything.

Whether or not the two sides will fuse together into one at some point is still be to determined. I agree it is a little strange to have two sets of general discussions, two sets of anime/manga boards, etc., so maybe as time goes on, we can try to integrate those together and become better acquainted with our Marvelous Online brethren. But for now, I can only offer my apologies for this forum's dual nature, and hope that you're able to have some fun here anyway, even if it is a little awkward. ;)

-Tom

15. Peytral

Peytral New Member

I think this has the potential to become the biggest war epic since the Iliad with years of worldbuilding and details put in as the two sides struggle against each other and their differences.

We can call it the War of the Neckbeards.

16. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

I appreciate the answer Wyrdwad, it cleared up a lot of confusion. Especially regarding the different staff/admins. A straight answer seriously goes a long way. Thanks for being cool about it. It's a serious shame about the old XSEED forums, losing all that must suck. I totally understand wanting to try and rebuild the XSEED forum as it was and run it separately from the Marvelous Online side of things. At the same time, it's definitely weird for us over there too. We're kept pretty in the dark until things suddenly happen. It's like... after four years of being Atlus Online we're suddenly Marvelous USA, and then the forums are suddenly completely overhauled, and now the XSEED Forums just suddenly pop up on the same forum. Was really confusing, so I appreciate the answers. I feel much less confused now.

Although I still think we should have a button that links to the front page of the forum. Especially for those few of us who might be interested in checking out both sides of the forum, or those of us that want to use the features we can only access there like the Status Updates. Well, either way, I'll be watching how things develop. It'll definitely be interesting, whatever happens. Good luck, everyone.

17. Wyrdwad

I'll be sure to pass your suggestions along. Things are still in a state of flux here, so I'm sure there will continue to be minor tweaks and changes over time.

-Tom

18. ShiroiKazeru

ShiroiKazeru Wanderer of Doomed World

I wouldn't think any of us on the Marvelous/Atlus side will do anything to antagonize you guys, and I certainly hope we're all mature enough to not do any of that. There's no reason for it, though I do understand the concern. Maybe at most, some of us will be wandering over here to see what the hubub's all about though. =)

19. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

We respect each other, cause we're all one big happy family now! :D

20. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Tom is definitely good about communicating things (when he wants to be at least).

This move makes sense, hopefully it means forum maintenance won't be an issue like it was before. I haven't used IPB in years but I don't like that newer versions don't seem to play well with mobile browsers. Log in redirects to the home page...