Why Didn't Na Get These?

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Tsuko85, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUNE-FACTORY-4-Fantasy-Harvest-Moon-Perfect-Game-Guide-Book-Japan-3DS-EB3466-/301058620420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46187dfc04

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo-3DS-Rune-Factory-4-w-Bonus-CD-Headphone-JAPAN-import-Japanese-/141107861384?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20daaf1788

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Strategy guide: Very few of our games get strategy guide releases anymore, as it's both expensive and VERY time-consuming to produce one. And generally, time and money are things we don't have in abundance here -- doubly so with RF4, which was a very "by the seat of our pants" production to begin with. Super-tight schedule on that one.

LE box: Again, not in the budget. Also, I think that's a drama CD, which would require not only translation but a complete re-recording into English. And the headphones, while extremely cute, have some issues that would've made them a potentially disappointing inclusion for most gamers, I think -- the cord is waaaaay too short to be useful to anyone but little kids, yet the ear buds are oddly a bit bigger than standard ear buds.

Also, as I think we've mentioned before, we used what little extra budget we did have to put RF4 on a larger cart so we could double the audio quality for the voice samples over what Japan got. Seemed like an improvement that would benefit everyone, much more so than extra LE goods.

-Tom

3. Cqef

Cqef Member

RF4 US superior version, Tsuko.
    You can't complain about it, think about us poor Europeans (T_T)

4. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

Europe will definatly get RF4, there's gotta be some company that would love to bring it over

@Tom What company made the Japanese Rune Factory 4 guide?
    And what are the chances you could translate the Japanese Drama CD and sell them in English for $10-$20?

also speaking of Japanese Drama CDs
    I found something interesting in the comic book shop in the next town over.

Final Fantasy III (NES) Drama CD and it's in English

5. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

While I'm sure there is a company that would love to bring it over, is it possible with Rune Factory's developers (was it Neverland? Can't say I've really payed much attention to these games) no longer being in business?

6. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that might make things tricky. I haven't commented on any of the "RF4 not coming to Europe" threads because, frankly, I don't really know what to say -- we'd love to bring it to Europe ourselves, but with the original development team no longer being in place, I'm not sure how that would work either technically or legally. I honestly don't know how to answer people asking about it.

I want to say either Famitsu or Dengeki, the two big Japanese gaming magazines. They're responsible for 90% of the Japanese strategy guides out there. And since RF4's is a particularly useful one, I'm leaning toward Dengeki, since their guides are usually better than Famitsu's. ;)

Pretty much zero. We'd either have to release a text translation (and how would that work, exactly?) or dub the whole thing, and dubbing 80 minutes of spoken dialogue would cost a small fortune. It would have to sell... I dunno, probably 10,000 or more copies to break even, and considering the limited market for drama CDs, I doubt it would sell even 1/10 of that. I just don't think we could realistically convince our investors that it's a project worth doing.

-Tom

7. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

@Tom as for the strategy guide I just suggested it to Udon

as for the drama cd CD, guess I gotta learn Japanese

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Udon makes artbooks, not strat guides...

9. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

Udon brought over several manga series like the manga version of Onimusha 4

I don't see why they wouldn't be up for bringing over the Rune Factory 4 guide

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Manga does not = guide. Manga = few text, guide = playing through EVERYTHING to make it. HUGE difference..

11. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

You never know for sure, they might be all for releasing the Rune.Factory 4 guide in NA

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

No one's gunna release a guide for a game thats half a year old and not that popular! Niche guides arent being made anymore, and im surprised that Disgaea D2 got one, but Disgaea is still bigger than Rune Factory...

Im sorry but you REALLY need to use more common sense and logic!

13. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

+1. I seem to recall you saying you like guides (but, then again, my memory could definitely be better), but this is one time when you'll have to use the internet as a guide (which is the better option, frankly).

14. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

Don't assume things, If I had the money I would translate/release the guide in NA regardless of how long Rune Factory 4 was out

15. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Rune Factory 4 sold around 48k copies at retail in the United States in 2013. I didn't know where to post this data, but I guess here is a good place. It did better than every Atlus 3DS game released in 2013, except for SMT IV.

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Those aren't VGChartz numbers, are they?

17. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

No, those are leaked NPD numbers from a trustworthy poster from NeoGAF that has been verified by the mods.

18. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Maybe you would, but would do Udon (or any company, really) the same thing? Don't forget, their goal at the end of the day is to earn a profit from anything they release, so if something won't earn enough money for them (and this amount changes between companies), then they won't release it.

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Wow, it did well then! Not surprised it did better than Etrian Odyssey or Soul Hackers, though.

20. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

Never hurts to ask