What Tv Shows Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Galapagos. BBC takes a look at one of the most exclusive places on earth... I learned that people have permanently been settled there, and now I'm sad :/

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Bett Call Saul has an amazing season again! Seriously the best prequel even made (that I can think of). It stands alongside Breaking Bad, it does. Only halfway done, and yet only a few eps to go :/

3. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Did a binge watch of the original Twin Peaks over the last two weekends to prep for the new one. Just as well I did because there were aspects of the ending that I misremembered aspects of it. The 90 minutes cut from Fire Walk With Me add a huge amount of dimension to the film and characterisations (and the end of season 2)

Also, started watching the new season 3!

... it makes me a bit sad that most of my current circle of friends were either born after it finished airing 25 years ago, or were too young to watch it the first time through. For me, at the tender age of 11, it was a life altering experience!

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Penguins: Spy in the Huddle. Another BBC miniseries with spycams out in nature. This time with penguins!

Castlevania. A great start to the show! Only 4 eps to test the waters and I want more! So many bad/over done accents though. That's my only gripe.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Lotsa shows and seasons done. Fall starting up soon!

Game of Thrones S7 was awesome. I completely forgot this season was short! Glad I got to finish it before my trip. The wait for the finale is going to suck....

The Handmaid's Tale S1. I almost was required to read this in college (cause Canadian author) but we went with another one of Atwood's books. This story though, is pretty messed up. She loves her dystopians. It's a really hard watch, yet I'm curious to see where it goes.

Marvel's The Defenders. A hyped up idea like The Avengers, but it was only alright. It was pretty hype, but not as big a deal as Avengers once was.

The Carmichael Show. Been a while since I watched through a whole sitcom, cause this got cancelled. Also never seen one that tackled a new controversial topic you don't see much on tv every week. Prob why it got cancelled :x

BBC - Ocean Giants. Another good BBC doc about whales. Some interesting stuff here that I had no idea about!

6. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Watching more Kamen Rider Ryuki.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Stranger Things S2. Another amazing season! Great acting, story, and soundtrack as always! S3 is going to take forever... :(

Also finished Power Rangers: Time Force...

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

American Vandel. So much funnier since I just listened through Serial podcast this summer.

9. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

Oh, nice, more people getting into toku

@Terro Are you going to watch Hyper force?

Are you watching it with the new scrubs?

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm watching in chronological order and at a slow pace (it's my laundry show :p) soooo it'll be a while. On Wild Force, although I've heard people say it's awful. Well, I guess the Red Ranger did kill a guy IRL... :/

SilentThisSide199x likes this.
  11. SilentThisSide199x

All I know is after a certain point after like, the first disney ninja one, people really dislike a lot of PR decisions up to ninja steel now

I should start MMPR soon, I watched a few reruns when I was a kid and some episodes of the later ones before watching sentai

The 2017 movie was cool, good life lessons too, but it also had an inaccurate depiction of autism that I'm not sure would change in a sequel

I heard about that, that is definitely, not a good role model for kids

12. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

13. SilentThisSide199x

https://twitter.com/Scrubvent/with_replies It's TV-Nihon but edited for typos with higher quality and stuff, but half of it is from another better sub group, also only up to episode 26 so far
    But I'm just mentioning for posterity

Shinji is a good, selfless, boy

Black seems cool, golgom plots aren't real though

14. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Well, the CG TMNT (2012) TV series had its series/season 5 finale and I finally watched it today. It was a cross over episode with the original cartoon and all the voice actors reprised their roles (save for shredder with James Avery who passed) and there was tons of references and it was awesome, the end of the CG series is actually in the original cartoon dimension with the old animation and everything so thats really awesome. The bits from the original cartoon animation are with the art style from the original opening/season 1 (the animation and look changed a bit while the show went on and it almost looks like an anime in season 1 and the opening always had incredible animation). There was also a part where they intentionally had the wrong turtles voice actor which was common in the original cartoon to see the turtles exchanging a voice actor here and there (that moment when mikeys voice was over leos character, jeez).

Anyway, I just cant say enough about how awesome this TV series was. It is definitely the second best TMNT show after the original of course, they did an excellent job with it and it ended well and it wasnt abrupt (the turtles are literally talking about how NY is finally safe and there isnt anything to do in the first parts of this episode). Season 1-3 are really strong, and especially season 1 getting to watch the turtles evolve in this show is well done, plus all the references just keep us old fans coming and as a fan that has been watching it since 2012 I fondly wish the show adieu and it had a great run that I thoroughly enjoyed watching, wish there was more and it didnt end I am definitely sad to see it go I could totally watch more.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Just finished Samurai Gourmet on Netflix. An enjoyable short show! Who knew that watching the inner thoughts of a retired 60 year old Japanese man while he tries out different places to eat would be binge-worthy? :p

16. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Finished Red Dwarf XI. This series had a couple of great ideas that feel far too big for a half-hour show.

17. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

And finished Red Dwarf XII. Sadly, after XI, XII was a bit disappointing. Lots of callbacks to previous series, but too many of the episodes were just rehashed of older episodes.

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Family Matters. Wow the show really did get stale near the end, and the climax was killed off with a premature cancellation, so it ended stupidly :p The story just kinda got weird too, and everyone seemed a-ok with cheating on each other :p Just pretty silly.

19. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

WKRP in Cincinnati. A retro station that I get started to air the show, but was showing the butchered Verizon without the good music. So, I bought the complete series, which is mostly intact. Great show, especially the Turkeys Away episode.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Death Note (live-action tv). I enjoyed the movies, and this was enjoyable, too. Tons of big differences, kept a lot of main points
    like L dying in this one
    , as well as changed some big stuff
    making Mello as Near's split personality... sort of , and have L help throughout the entire investigation, as he foresaw everything coming.
    Worth a look if you are into adaptations (and it's all on Crunchyroll!) Ended with the advertisement on the new NEW Death Note movie, which I forgot was even made in Japan! Need to watch that subbed soon :x

Wild Wild Country. An insane story of a religious commune that took over a region Oregon in the early 80s. The crazy thing is not only just HOW much footage they had dug up of this, but how unbelievable the entire story ended up being, and how NO ONE knew about it/remembered it, despite being apparently a fairly big global story. As the story progresses, you really can't "pick a side", like many people tend to do. The group and the government both did right and wrong things. It's still a crazy story, but well-worth checking out (on Netflix).