What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Grand Prix. The trials and tribulations of several drivers in the Grand Prix circuit. Lots of driving sequences don't help this epic melodrama be anything more than mostly boring.

And the Paul Frees dub of Toshiro Mifune's English is so damn obvious it makes those scenes cringe worthy and laughable.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Sure glad I kept a recent archive of stuff I've watched over the years on here :x I discovered the site https://letterboxd.com/ recently, which is like MyAnime(Manga)List for movies! Took me hourssss but I went through year-by-year, studio-by-studio, to find like every movie I've ever watched! I only included movies that I do remember watching all the way through (not just bits and pieces) and didn't include any anime, except Digimon: The Movie, and the first 3 Pokemon movies, since they were theatrically a little different with how they were categorized.

3. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Legend 1985 with a young af tom cruise. This movie was basically some 80s dark fantasy cheese directed by ridley scott... the creature design and costumes were great but the story and plot was... ehhhhh. It doesnt hold up so well but it was interesting hearing that this movie is part of what inspired miyamoto to make The Legend of Zelda, there are some similarities. I enjoyed it but it had many flaws, probably worth checking out some time if you like Zelda.

4. AnimeGamer183

The Boondock Saints, my second time ever seeing it and the last time was like 10 years ago. Its really intense with tons of yelling and screaming and violence and guns but man is it a fun movie. Also Willem Dafoes character is WILD, glad I watched this again. I really need to check out the second one because I have never seen that one.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Shazam! Much better than what I expected. Trailer seemed ok, but I enjoyed it much better than I had thought for a more comedic DC movie.

6. AnimeGamer183

Scarface 1932 wow in terms of the core story i am surprised how alike it is with the 80s version, just upped the ante for a more modern audience. Even the 1932 version was controversial and considered overly violent for its time and it definitely used some old school shots and film making, but I was surprised how watchable it was even today, the original is a solid movie.

7. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

The Uninvited (1944). Siblings buy a house on a cliff for cheap, only to find that the house has some dark secrets. Creepy movie that relies on atmosphere rather than scares.

8. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019). Eco-terrorists want to use the giant monsters around the world to thin out humanity, and save the Earth. Overlong plot is driven by monster fights and stupid people making stupid decisions. No bad, persay, but not what it could have been.

And why can only three people pronounce "Ghidorah" correctly?

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Christopher Robin. Typical growing up and need to remember your childhood (and family) but it was pretty sad. Something about Pooh's plush face :(

Aladdin (live-action). Better than expected, but some choices in the movie could've been done way better, with others unecessary. Better than Beauty and the Beast's rendition, though.

The Dark Crystal. First time watching this (with the new tv show now out), and I sure wish my renral store haf this when I was a kid! Such an impressive visual feat for 1982! Jim Henson sure wanted to do something out of his norm, and I'm glad he did. Excellent dark fantasy, in the vein of Nausicaa, and great puppetry, as expected.

10. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Mothra (1996) aka Rebirth of Mothra. Deforestation uncovers a sealed Death Ghidorah, who proceeds to destroy the remaining forest. Only Mothra can stop him. Goofy fare, aimed more towards children. Feels more like an early Gamera movie.

And what the hell is a "Desghidorah"? It's "Death Ghidorah". I don't even want to imagine what the English dub sounds like...

11. AnimeGamer183

Holy crap I have watched a ton since i last posted. The Evil Dead, The Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness. Then I watched The Lost Boys, and since then I watched all the Resident Evil movies and the original Halloween 1-6. Evil Dead 1 and 2, Halloween 1 and 2 and Lost Boys were probably the best. I liked the RE movies but they departed too much from the original material, but even so I think Alice is one of the most iconic RE characters and they at least captured the Resident Evil vibe... for the most part.

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Was hoping to watch more lately, but still been missing a bit >_>

Joker. I'm in the "enjoyed it" camp

The Dead Don't Die. I get the theme, but ehhhhh...

Happy Death Day 2. A great followup to the first movie! 2 underrated movies.

El Camino. A nice, supplementary epilogue to Breaking Bad.

Ralph Breaks the Internet. Was ok.

13. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I feel like El Camino does not work that great as a FILM but as an extra long epilogue episode, it is nice. I really enjoyed it either way, a little slow but it gave some much-needed closure for Jesse.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was good with what it was trying to do, for sure.

Yesterday I watched Scream and Scream 2. I just wasn't into horror stuff back when they released. I DID watch the Scary Movies as they came out, so watching these was more a callback to those for me, lol. Man, these were hockey and overacted.

15. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

House of Dark Shadows. Vampire Barnabas Collins is awakened from his slumber, and begins to terrorize the town of Collinsport. Theatrical retelling of an arc of the Gothic soap opera, but it stands alone from the soap opera (and ends far differently). Unintentionally goofy (unlike the Tim Burton movie), but charming.

16. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Rebirth of Mothra II. More kaijuu vs kaijuu action with Mothra facing off with a sea creature, Dagahra. Like the last one, aimed at the children.