What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Just watched Leap Year. It's the first romantic comedy I've watched where both the female lead and the male lead were completely unappealing, and never got any better throughout. Not worth watching, imo. I wish the selection on Canadian Netflix wasn't so limited.

I'm too sick to put up with wading through piles of movies of unknown quality and contents. I should just put Spirited Away or Howl on and forget about finding something new. Old favourites are more comforting anyway.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

I watched an odd combination of films yesterday, the first was Moana since I hadnt seen it yet and I honestly liked it a lot. The story was well paced and it got going pretty quickly and I even noticed a good few times it paid homage to older disney films and a blatant one at the end, which was cool, also the songs were well done and memorable.

The other movie I watched was a 90s thriller called Kiss The Girls with Morgan Freeman, this was a very good movie with a good cast and multiple recognizable actors. Its a story of a serial rapist/abducter/murderer... this character was a real piece of work and multiple women kidnapped, it had many twists and turns and detective/thriller style story did not disappoint. There is actually a sequel to it called a long came a spider and some how I saw that one first then finally watched this one and I think I actually like this one better, the characters seemed more motivated and solid.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Not too too many movies lately:

-Mom and Dad (Nick Cage craziness)
    -Happy Death Day (enjoyed this way more than I had thought!)
    -Alita: Battle Angel (best anime/manga adaption yet! Here's hoping for a sequel...)
    -Batman and Harley Quinn (like a mord mature Animated Series with some... interesting parts)
    -Captain Marvel (was ok, not my favorite Marvel, and wasn't a fan of the lead's performance)

4. AnimeGamer183

Finally checked out Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom because it was on HBO GO, and I thought it was good. The next film I can tell is going to be really nuts too, looking forward to what that brings.

I also finally gave Trainspotting 2 a watch, and what a nice follow up to the first movie that was, even continues the original plot. Its not quite as over the top and outrageous as the first movie but was plenty enjoyable as well.

5. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Goldfinger. In memory of Tania Mallet.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Us. I liked the first 2 acts... 3rd act was... Well, I would've changed some things with it.

Into the Spider-Verse. Really good superhero movie, but not sure if I would call it "the best ever" like many claim.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Recent stuff:

-The Legend of Tarzan
    -Avengers: End Game
    -Pet Semetary (2019)
    -Detective Pikachu
    -Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
    -Batman: Bad Blood
    -Goosebumps 2

8. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

How was this? Bit interested in watching it. Haven't seen the original, and I'm unfamiliar with any of Stephen King's books.

9. AnimeGamer183

So I watched quite a few movies since last post, but I think I will just focus on the MCU ones.

I went over to my friends and watched the latest MCU movies on netflix. Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War, and Ant Man and the Wasp.

Ragnarok was good fun and the tone it took I thought was a little over done, but at the same time it fit the new characters, and the battle with Hela was sweet. Black Panther was probably my least favorite of these I watched, something just felt off about the story telling and character development and I never quite got invested with BP, that being said it was a very pretty movie and the action was cool and I liked his powers and Wakanda was sweet. Infinity War was... holy shit, incredible and was a bit of a roller coaster of emotions and scenes, all those characters coming together, Thanos, and then the dramatic end woooooo weeeeee! Ant Man and the Wasp was just more Paul Rudd goodness and man do I love his character in this, and it was fun little story and sequel to Ant Man 1.

So after watching those, I decided it would be nice to watch the MCU movies over again, and the weekend Endgame came out they were airing almost all of them on cable besides the ones I just mentioned on Netflix so I DVR'd them... and Iron Man 2 was strangely only available on EPIX channel which I dont have. SOOO Here is where what I watched

Captain America The First Avenger
    Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor The Dark World
    Captain America Winter Soldier

Also I watched both seasons of Agent Carter but those arent movies and were on youtube and continued Captain America 1 which one of my favorite MCU movies and the 1940's setting I just dig.

Its been forever since I have watched these, I just finished Winter Soldier today but I think the films that stick out the most of these are Captain America 1 because it sets the ground work just just about everything, Iron Man 2 because it introduces many recurring characters, Thor 1 is very pretty and a fun watch, The Avengers is just action packed super hero awesomeness and Winter Solider is just a well made well shot movie with tons of action and continues Caps story line beautifully. The others really just add more lore and adventures of the characters and its been awesome reminder of how the infinity stones got to where they are leading into Infinity War and many of them are being used in these movies, I had forgotten how much build up there was for Infinity War.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I watched the original 80s one a few years back and it's legit creepy. Use of 80s practicals and makeup work and stuff was great. I watched Cinefix's ep on comparing the book to the movie, and the original kept out a number of things, which it seems that the remake added back in. The remake took a different take on the story, making it own adaptation, which was... I dunno. So like, I liked it, the acting was really good, but I'm not sure how much I enjoy the story changes in it, but still didn't mind it. Hard to put into words I guess, but I would still recommend :p

Ammy175 likes this.
  11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Not too many lately, trying to catch up on my shows first :x

A.X.L.
    The Mega
    Godzilla: King of the Monsters

12. AdrianG001

AdrianG001 New Member

I have recently watched The Good the bad and the ugly movie. It is great. I love it. (My friend told me to watch this movie)

[​IMG]

It is one of the greatest western movies ever made.The actors are Clint Eastwood (the Good), Lee Van Cleef (the Bad), and Eli Wallach (the Ugly). The story, music and everything is literally perfect. It is full of action, adventure and great performances.

Don't believe me?

Go and watch it. Its worth watching .….

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Colossal. Interesting kaiju movie...
    Coraline. Neat idea with the spirited away theme, and kind of a horror for kids.
    I, Tanya. Using dark humor and breaking the 4th wall a lot seemed like a strange, but amusing way to do this.
    UHF. Classic comedy, grew out of some of the humor, but the tv segments are still great.
    Toy Story 4. Not the best, but still a good Pixar/Toy Story.

14. AnimeGamer183

I watched He Got Game for the first time going in blind... I was just expecting a basketball movie, I got a guy trying to get out of prison and make a amends with his super star basketball playing son, and mila jokovich as a hooker, aloholics, and domestic violence. I did not see all of that coming, I was shocked most of the movie instead of having a feeling for the love of basketball. It kept it "real" thats for sure, but man I was not expecting that onslaught of emotions from that film.

on a much more milder note, I watched Finding Dory, which was good fun but kind of hard to believe (the octopus pulling off all of that... ugh...) not nearly as good as the original but I liked revisiting with those characters again.

And I finally notched off my MCU watch and Saw Endgame in theaters a couple weeks ago, man was that an incredible one. I dont know what I like more seeing all those characters cooperating and being bad ass on a single screen, or each of their individual stories. What the MCU has done is nothing short of exclusive, these movies will be the next star wars that our kids generations will be talking about and having fond memories of like we did.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Tons of movies lately since holiday+sick at home :x

-Spider-Man: Far From Home
    -Jurassic Park
    -Rampage
    -Borat
    -Overboard
    -Jumanji
    -Zombieland
    -Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

16. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Just Spider-Man: Far From Home, which I liked quite a bit. Had the similar cute charm of the first movie with slightly higher stakes, and I think they managed to handle the "how do I feel threatened after Thanos" dilemma fairly well. I actually forgot it was a superhero movie in the beginning though, just felt like a cute vacation flick. X3

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I think I preferred it over Homecoming, as I still think Michael Keaton's Vulture was great in it, but I enjoyed how much more fun Far From Home was, except the villain was a love-hate thing for me.

18. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Why was the villain love hate for you? It kind of was for me too... but I feel like my reasonings are a lot more shallow. X3

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Heh it's funny, I stuck on Homecoming now, since I haven't re-watched it since I saw it in theaters.

First off, you know how MJ said she was always watching Peter? She totally was stalking him all throughout Homecoming! One of those hindsight things... She just always appears off into the corner where he is, and even follows him into detention. Being not the best socially, it makes sense.

As for the villain, I think I liked Michael Keaton's performance better... He's just great at that kinda role :p Like, Jake Gyllenhaal did a good performance, but I wasn't the biggest fan of "WE are Mysterio" sorta deal. Like, Vulture had a similar backstory already and his crew that also had their gripes against Stark and stuff, so that was already kinda done. The best was seeing the reveal that Vulture was Liz' dad. I still remember the gasps in the theater when you see him open the door to his house :p So yeah it wasn't the drones or anything that bugged me too much, since it could be a modern day illusion, but just the whole team effort bit, I guess.

But yeah, that's about it. Both are still really fun movies, of course!

20. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Haven't been in this thread for a while, but to prepare for the arrival of Friday the 13th on Switch, I'm fixing to watch me some old Friday the 13th movies. :D