What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The Vault. An interesting bank robbery indie movie, with a bit of an interesting idea that really differentiated it... Some things that I wish were done differently, but kept me interested! On Netflix right now.

Super Troopers 2. With some bad comedy sequels that have come out in the past few years, I'm glad this one actually worked! Especially from a small Indiegogo budget. Sometimes I'm surprised that studios just won't take on these projects :/

2. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Finally watched the Last Jedi, and I didn't find it to be as bad as the haters made it out to be. Heavily flawed, yes, but not terrible. It goes on far too long, and has parts that are either totally useless or questionable.

3. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

The problem when "the haters" includes a bunch of people very loudly being bad human beings about it (often not having much legit complaint that doesn't boil down to 'there's women in it').
    It's super-dense though, and is one of those films that can take a few viewings before it all clicks into place, as there's a lot of layers going on.
    It's one that I increasingly like the more I think about it and mentally dig in.

4. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Blade Runner 2049 was surprisingly engaging and extremely symbolic and thematic. I like how it doesnt hold you hand about whats going on but makes it pretty clear with out having characters have to inform the audience in with extra dialogue. It tells a decent little story and while its not really action packed its a total visual stunner. Its long but I actually didnt really notice, surprising for it being almost 3 hours, I definitely recommend giving it a watch.

I went back and watched Alien and Aliens since they were on HBO streaming, its really amazing to me how the Xenomorph models they used visually look better than anything else in the rest of these films, its like the rest of these 2 movies look grainy and out dated but as soon as one of the Xeno's appears it instantly stands out, maybe it has to do with them being so shiny and perhaps the lighting, but hats off to Ridley Scott and James Cameron for not only making incredible films but the visual effects are game changing in these.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Both Alien and Aliens are great, and only watched them for the first time last year :p Alien is a great sci-fi suspense/horror, and Aliens is great for action. Very different in at.osphere, but good for their own reasons.

6. AnimeGamer183

I watched the first X-Men... ah yes the beginning of what would ultimately become the MCU, even though this film isnt technically a part of that, it is Marvels first real big screen endeavor and with the early 2000s Spider-Man films the birth of the Marvel movie craze begins. I dont think I have seen X-Men since I watched it in theaters in 2000, it was a big year for me I was moving to a new town a few hours away but I was also supposed to begin high school, and one of my good friends from where I was living went and watched the movie as one last hurrah before I moved away, one of the last times I saw him as well. I was awe struck at the film and was hyped as ever, I think especially because I was desperate to have anything take my mind away from the fact I was leaving everything behind mere days after that, the film felt perfect then and I me and my buddy got to see the characters in real life that we had watched from the 90s cartoon series, so freaking cool. Looking back on the film now? Yeesh it hasnt aged well at all, what a horrible rendition of sabertooth and man has shooting comic book movies come a lonnggggg way since this, but you could still say this film laid the ground work for everything after it, set certain tones for all the Marvel movies to come after it. Its not a bad first crack at making a movie like this considering when it came out, what an incredible evolution compared to what we have today. I think maybe I never went back and watched this one because maybe there was too much pain attached from the time I originally watched it, summer 2000 when I went through another significant shift in my life. It was definitely due to watch it again especially since I watched X-Men Last Stand through Logan the past few months so why not? Also another gaming fun fact, David Hayter, Voice actor of Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid was the Screen Writer for X-Men, interesting.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Isle of Dogs. Amazing cinematography, as expected. Very neat how it was put together, but wouldn't be for everyone. Definitely not a kids movie (almost gets into Plague Dogs territory), with some serious subjects, and dark humor in it. Stop motion was amazing...

8. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

After having it on my Amazon list for a while, they had a pretty good deal on Rocky Horror Picture Show a couple of weeks ago.
    Whenever I get a new movie, I watch it about 1,000 times*. I mean, it's a great movie... but, I think I might have seen enough of Tim Curry in drag for a while.

* I wanted to say 1,000,000 times, but that sounded like a bit of an exaggeration.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Mission Impossible: Fallout. Tons of action tropes, but was a good popcorn flick/action movie.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Bio-dome. A classic nostalgic movie that my friends and I re-watch a ton. Is it a good movie? No. Do I know pretty much the entire script? Yes. Is it a nostalgic classic for me? Yes. I'll never defend it as a good movie, but made for fun times watching with friends.

The Belko Experiment. Didn't know that James Gunn wrote it (I can see Troma influence tho), but it kind of is a live-action Danganronpa. Unfortunately, the ending didn't really satisfy me. Still worth a watch if "trapped in a building to battle royale" is a genre that interests you.

11. AnimeGamer183

X2 (X-Men 2) Man should I have just watched all the X-Men movies from the beginning, X2 is a little more action packed and ups the stakes, I forgot this movie is the sequel to X-Men Origins Wolverine, so it nice to see the end of that plot line again too. That being said, this movie also reminded me of how screwed up the time line is post X-Men: First Class and as much as I love Days of Future Past, the continuity is all over the place and unless they rethink the next movie and NOT go with a botched version of the Dark Phoenix Saga (which they hinted at at the end of X2, and really begin it Last Stand) they will be essentially forcing this arc to begin in the past when it should really taking place after Days of Future Past from the Present Future X-Men time line, not the Past one. That being taken into consideration and with Hugh Jackman declining to play Wolverine now, seems its time for reboot, or re-cast, they kinda screwed up alot of potential and posibility when they green lit First Class. Anyway I think X-Men 1 and 2 and Origins Wolverine are the most pure X-Men films.

12. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Murder By Death in memory of Neil Simon.

13. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

On the anniversary of the Great Kanto Earthquake, I watched Gamera vs. Zigra (which references the quake) and Tokyo: the Last Megalopolis (which depicts the quake as part of the machinations of the antagonist, Yasunori Kato).

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Adrift. Couple ride boat, gets caught up in storm. Boat breaks. They are... adrfit.

Avengers: Infinity war. Re-watch.

Bad Moms. Women raising kids want a break.

Gifted. Little girl math prodigy caught up in a custody battle.

Disaster Artist: Re-watch

15. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I also rewatched Infinity War. I saw it in IMAX with a friend since Marvel did that cheap IMAX marathon thing for all the movies. It was SO much better than watching it on a crappy airplane screen! Even if the sound was a bit loud and every time the infinity gauntlet was used it hurt me a bit. X3

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The Last Unicorn. Never heard about this as a kid (don't think any local rental places had it), but probably would've loved it. Was into the tail-end of the original My Little Pony tv show/toys, as well as enjoyed Don Bluth, which this felt a little bit like. I see why it was considering semi-anime, since pretty much every animator for it was Japanese. Not a bad movie, if anything, the catchy theme song was stuck in my head for a while.

Bladerunner: Final Cut. Never seen any version before and was told this was the ideal one. I was kind of distracted by the scenery of the whole thing with impressive backgrounds w/miniatures and such. Looks great on blu ray! Missed out on plot points from that, so had to look it up (it really is Snatcher: The Movie :p) Definitely was ahead of its time in ideas. I read that the only reason it did well was because it was sandwiched in between several other classic 80s movies, so had tough competition. Plus I think a lot of the ideas might have went over audience's heads at the time :x Slow moving, but great to look it. Nice, now I can finally check out the anime and then the sequel movie :p

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Pete's Dragon (2016). The trailer gave me a different idea of what direction this movie would take, so I had my expectations really low. It was expiring on Netflix and checked it out. Well, wasn't bad. Exceeded my really low expectations at least. CG was not the best, though.

Death Note: Light Up the World. Being a sequel from the original Death Note movies, it wasn't bad, actually. The highlight? OMG the CG on the shinigami was amazing!!!! They all looked very realistic!

18. AnimeGamer183

Dead Pool 2 rocked my world 8D Unfortunately my experience was some what sullied because I was watching it at a friends and there were people over who were talking and the volume wasnt high enough. I need to watch again asap! But I still loved it x3

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Geostorm (forgot I watched this one my trip). Now we know why countries shouldn't get together and control their own weather through satellite systems...

Tomb Raider (2018). Also forgot I watched this... Came and went in my mind, just like in theaters :p Well, a tomb was raided, but felt weird... I guess the lore in the legendary story was kinda interesting.

Predator. First time watching it. Men, muscles, guns, lotsa fire power, and an alien with an honor code.

Predator 2. From the jungle to the... urban jungle? An... interesting take on it (although pretty boring...) but at least the Predator suit looks good.

The Predator. Cheap movie night, but worth a watch! So hokey and fun!

The Mummy (2017). Mission Impossible w/zombie mummies. The best part is the opening background story (love these cause of Egyptian art, costume, makeup, in each movie) and the mummy herself. She has several forms and I looooooove each of the designs!!! One of the best new villain designs, IMO! Too bad it was the only thing this movie had going for it...

My Little Pony: The Movie. More budget, higher-quality animation! New character designs are neat, story typical of any of the opening/closing episode arcs in each season. Lotsa celeb voices.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Great CG, enjoyed the main aliens and their lore. Main characters? Awful. Sounded weird and their "relationship" didn't convince me.

Venom. Despite awful reviews, it was ok. DCU movies have been worse than this. I was entertained throughout, not bored, decent pacing. Villan was like a bad cartoon characature tho, but yeah, not bad.