What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The Book of Life. (Haven't even seen Coco yet...) It was ok, but wasn't big with the character designs except for a few. Wasn't a big fan of the wooden toy doll style much, either.

Kedi. Go watch this if you have Youtube Red :x A feel-good documentary about the lives in cats and how they ARE the center of culture in Instanbul. So jelly of these friendly kitties and kittens roaming the streets everywhere looking for wuv (and food) from everyone.

2. ali.rafami

ali.rafami New Member

i just finished The Mummy 2017 and i think The story-line is simple and somewhat predictable, but the screenplay with the help of Christopher Mcquarrie is written astonishingly beautiful and horrifying at the same time.

Tom puts his all effort which can be seen clearly, Russell Crowe crow is scary and the supporting cast did good too. But you barely get to think out of the movie, as it runs very fast and the duration which is short and to the point is a big help to the movie.

For all the razzle dazzle that Tom Cruise does, its always worth it..

3. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Just bought Talking Head by Mamoru Oshii, amazing film. Very weird and unpredictable, but ultimately worth it. A must see for Oshii fans!

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Lego Ninjago. Was ok. I liked The Lego Movie a lot more but this one was... just ok.

5. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Support Your Local Sheriff! After gold is discovered, a small frontier town becomes lawless, until the arrival of a skilled gunman. A fun Western, with the late, great James Garner as the sheriff.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Logan Lucky. 3rd time watching it cause friends didn't see it (good heist movie!)

The Informant. Matt Damon is an informant for shady business dealings. Things flip around near the end. Long movie, but they kept it interesting with his inner thoughts.

Solo. As bad as it did, due to The Last Jedi souring peoplen and production woes... it wasn't bad. I went on cheap tonight and wanted to at least check it out. It told a complete story and didn't suffer from issues like Justice League or Suicide Squad. Kept me entertained, and that's all I wanted and expected from it (but that's easy for me :) The main actor seemed to struggle a little. Lacked in confidence or... something. Well, he did need an acting coach :x

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The Powerpuff Girls Movie. Never got to see this. An extra long episode of their origin story. Too bad the new series doesn't have the same appeal...

Gravity. Watch Sandra Bullock spin around in space! So much spinning... I feel like I would've got motion sickness watching this in theaters :x

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Well... let's just say I go into dinosaur movies as a popcorn flick, cause there's just not enough dino-related stuff to go around on media nowadays. I'll take what I can get and I enjoy all the air time too :)

Dracula Untold. I forgot this movie even existed! Didn't do well, but it was actually pretty good! Story is fairly similar to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow in a sense :p Still, it was pretty enjoyable.

9. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

X-Men Apocalypse. The plot holes are really starting to show in the X-Men movies and there is all kinds of stuff and characters that were not adding up to stuff from the previous movies, much less from the comics. It was alright, apparently this is all part of the "reboot" films since First Class but also kinda meshes with the original 3 films, just different actors and things get messy. I liked Days of Future Past alot more, and I am dreading how badly they are going to screw up the Dark Phoenix Arc ill check that out when it hits the movie channels.

10. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

A friend and I went to see this when it was in cinemas! I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand where some of the dislike for this movie came from, but for we had an excellent time watching it. Also, bit of trivia: I'm pretty sure Dracula Untold was originally planned to be the launch of the Dark Universe, meaning that that particular cinematic universe actually failed twice.

In other news, I just saw The Incredibles 2! This was the first Pixar movie I saw in cinemas since Inside Out, and it was well worth the movie ticket. There's one action scene in particular early in the movie that just HAS to be seen on the big screen (seriously, it may be the best superhero action scene I've seen in a long time - and I've been keeping up with Marvel!). Also, dat music in blaring cinema surround sound!

Oh, and I guess the movie was also really good as far as plot and characters and voice acting and yadda yadda, but that stuff isn't lessened by watching it on the small screen.

11. AnimeGamer183

I watched X-Men Origins Wolverine again because of the bit in Apocalypse where it shows Logan as Weapon X and realized that the scene with Cyclops as a student in class was taken directly from Origins and re shot. Its weird because Origins never really gives you a hard time frame or some of the locations besides canada vegas and new orleans, but it would seem it takes place in the 80s at least from the movie continuity anyway. Origins was definitely the better film besides the fact that totally fucked up Wade Wilson/Deadpool. I hope they can up the quality of the main x-men movies under Disney cause there are holes scattered every where in these things, I'll check out Logan next and I also DVR'd the first X-Men movie again since I havent seen it in ages.

12. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

No Way Out (1950). Two racist robbers get injured during their latest escapade, and are treated by the hospital's only black doctor. When one robber dies, the other does everything he can to implicate the doctor. An excellent film noir.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Uncle Drew. Lol, my friends' movie pick, and not a bad basketball movie. Haven't watched a sports movie in years.

Dunkirk. I see why this wasn't for everyone... Glad I didn't see it in theaters though, because the pacing IS really really really slow... Very little dialog throughout. It wasn't really for me either, though.

14. Gabriel_Deleon

Gabriel_Deleon New Member

The last movie I watch its Avengers: Infinity War

15. AnimeGamer183

I finally got around to watching Logan, it was cool but it felt a bit too unfamiliar to me the only characters I knew were Wolverine and Professor Xavier. I found it rather odd they chose to skip ahead to 2029 and basically create an ending point for all the mutants and X-Men as a series, I guess they can fill the gap with these other movies now? I like how they basically unleashed Wolverine and X23 (who I honestly know nothing about as a character aside from she was introduced in X-Men Evolution) but they kind of just threw a bunch of characters in this thing that had totally different stories in other iterations and while it all worked pretty well for this movie, it creates a jumbled mess of trying to piece everything together from the other movies tv shows and comics (which fox has not been doing a good job with in general with the X-Men CU), but as far as this movie its self goes its solid and has Wolverine going on a soul seeking journey and all kinds of crazy stuff happens along the way. I also think its important to point out that parts of this movie border line on horror and it gets rather grisly in many parts, but they needed to push the envelope a bit and Wolverine and X23 kick some MAJOR ass the whole movie, it covered alot of ground and I enjoyed it enough.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

(Missed seeing this earlier). I'm glad it stayed as it's own self-contained movie. Good for what it was, but I can see in the ending that they did it like that JUST in case it continued (I mean, we got Lord of Shadows 2 :p)

Antman and the Wasp. Another good B-movie lol. Funny with it having more presence in SF and me thinking "wow, where's all the people at the waterfront!" Movies really can give a fake sense of reality with cities. Heck, half the movie cities are just Vancouver, anyways :p

This is Spinal Tap. Always heard about it, but wasn't really what I was hoping for. Wasn't really for me, but it is amusing how most of it was improved.

Star Trek: Beyond. A very summer blockbuster. More became background noise for me, since the plot was... meh. Excellent make up and prosthetics though! Too bad some of them only got like, 2 seconds of screen time :/

17. AnimeGamer183

War for the planet of the apes wasnt bad, I mean its always strange and awkward to see gorillas and monkeys riding horses, shooting guns, and speaking english, but once you settle in to these ideas its not bad at all. Andy Serkis just owns CGI performances like this and this trilogy of films is not bad at all. Glad I finally got around to watching the final film.

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I really liked the first one, second one was good, but not as memorable, and third was really good too. The CG is beyond amazing with what they did. Was really sad they didn't get an Oscar for it (not like it matters, since it's just a favorite contest) cause they deserved it the most.

19. AnimeGamer183

Weta studio does amazing work, I watched some of the behind the scenes via HBO streaming after the movie and they were explaining the facial capture techniques they used which gave the apes human emotion making them relatable to the human audience and how they were able to get everything so detailed and overlay the actors on set with CGI. It was really a daunting task that I agree should have gotten some kind of oscar recognition, it truly was incredible what they did with that film in particular with visual effects.

20. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Went to see Glen Or Glenda with live riffing by Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame. It was fantastic!