What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Bought and watched Frozen on blu ray today. So good! :D

2. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I had an unplanned watching of Captain America: The Winter Soldier last Friday.
    Sooo goood.
    That is all I can say.
    Felt like it was a little too loud though, as sometimes stuff could be drowned out by the banging and thumping.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ Did you have an early showing, or did it air in another area earlier than North America?

Anyhow, it sure greatly improved from the origin story, which was pretty good. Heh, I find it funny with these sequels of Marvel movies: you would think with a Thor 2 and a Captain America 2, that they could be all "the world is being threatened?? Maybe I should call up my friends I fought with that one time to help me...."
    One thing I noticed with the script
    they really played up the whole NSA/spying thing. Good timing, really! Not to mention the whole Wikileaks with the 'upload it all to the internet'.
    With the Winter Soldier
    it took me a sec to realize who it was :p Then I remembered 'oh yeah, I forgot Bucky's actor was in the movie' and saw how they played out the Smithsonian scene with him. Yeah me a little slow with it... Surprised they let him live though. I guess he'll probably make an appearance in another movie, maybe Avengers 2, as a sort of dark lone wolf character. Honestly, I thought he was going to have a predictable last minute realization and go down with the (air)ship. Guess not!

4. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

As with most Marvel movies, they release internationally first... for some reason?
    I think I watched it on the opening night actually come to think of it.

5. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I saw Captain America on Friday. Thought it was really good. Now I'm even more pumped for Avengers 2!

It's been so long since I've seen the first one that I didn't realize that the Winter Soldier was Bucky until the movie outright said that. :p

I legitimately thought Nick Fury was dead until he was revealed in the hospital bed. Thought Marvel had the guts to kill him off, but I guess not. I'm glad he's still alive, though, since he's awesome. I love how his grave had "The path of the righteous..." on it. XD

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah forgot they started doing that. I heard that movies like Iron Man 3 were shown in China FIRST to do 2 things: prevent piracy of it coming there later (even though it's a country well-known for bringing the cams in, etc.), and to create hype for the rest of the world (even though it's really not necessary and will sell tons anyway).

7. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier in theatres today. :3

IT WAS AWESOME ERMERHAWD!

8. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

After much protesting, I finally watched both of the Hunger Games movies, and while I do see very striking similarities to Battle Royale (and its much acclaimed sequel, hehe), they were different enough that I can let them slide, though I do still call bullpoop on Collins for saying that she'd never heard of Battle Royale before.

Overall, I still prefer Battle Royale, because it gives the "participants" more background and depth, and the program itself is far more cruel in that the ones you're forced to kill are all your classmates, and the movie doesn't shy away from the gorey details. Hunger Games is more like if you took the romance of Battle Royale and made it the focus over observing multiple characters, and then the eventual beginning of the rebellion, although Battle Royale II does go into that aspect.

Anyways, they were interesting enough that I probably will eventually check out the 3rd movie, though I'll be in no rush to do so.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I still think Danganronpa did Battle Royale best :p

Anyhow, checked out Turbo on Netflix the other day cause it's one I'd check out as backgroun noise. Looks like even with How to Train Your Dragon, Dreamworks is still pretty hit-or-miss. The way that Turbo became fast was umm... special :/ I thought he was just given a little jetpack but (if you don't care about this movie at all :p)
    he hits the nitrate that came out of a fast car on the highway... it changed his entire cellular structure into having 'fast' cells and a super fast heartbeat... Somehow he can go as fast as an Indy race car now, and even makes little tire tracks...
    I get it's more of a kids than family movie but just... really??

10. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I just discovered the existence of a third movie in the Always: Sunset on Third Street series...I had no idea a third one existed...so moving!

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Rewatched Red Dragon for like the 4th time a few days ago with a friend that never saw it. Mostly to compare/contrast with the different actors and what is to come on the show eventually. Still good as always!

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Just watched The Croods on Netflix. You know, this was like Dreamwork's Rise of the Guardians, where I thought it looked dumb (in Crood's case, I thought the caveman character design looked stupid) but you know... it worked! It was actually surreal in its style too! Fantastic animals and landscape, rather than going for an Ice Age look of typical mammoths and stuff. The relationship in the movie was pretty unique and amusing too :p And honestly, this got some chuckles out of me :p

Well, if you're bored and want to see something different on Netflix, might as well check it out. Might be surprised!

13. Zambatoh

Zambatoh Statistical Impossibility

Son of Batman

First Terry and now Damien Wayne. The son of Talia and Bruce. Ras wanted a successor to run the League of Assassins, he got one.
    Although Talia had to slip a date-censored drug into his drink to make this happen but details...details.

Plus the sword fights are freaking awesome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. akito666

akito666 New Member

I recently watched Firestorm, a HK film. I rated it 6/10.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Needed some background noise for homework, so watched Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. Heard it was decent. Was ok, had its one-liners. Perfect homework movie though!

16. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was good stuff, primarily because of [background='black']lots o' Scarlett Johansson[/background] - not quite the "best Marvel movie ever" title one reviewer gave it, but admittedly I'm probably one of the few who loved The Wolverine - Unleashed to pieces. :p

Then I watched Noah. Not sure exactly what I was expecting out of it and all, but whatever it was, it sure wasn't that. I knew it was a bad sign when five minutes into the film [background='black']golems aka Watchers appear. I don't consider myself much of a Biblical scholar but I don't recall reading or hearing about golems granting humanity the ability to develop industrialized cities. It DID have the unintended effect of reminding me of a particular video game series with the "Watchers" though :p[/background].

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Lol, wut? I never watched the movie nor plan on it, but
    did they just sneak them in just cause its a part of Jewish mythology? Of course the movie will be its own thing in comparison to a very short Bible story, but adding in golems to come help just kinda sounds funny :p

I also ended up re-watched The Fifth Element on Netflix today. You know, the scene with the flying cars looks AMAZING for a mid-90's movie and tech. Unless they touched it up in later video releases. Anyways, always a classic :)

18. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Hmm, maybe.

19. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I saw Captain America Winter Soldier last weekend and I liked it a lot. Way better than the first movie. Lots of action and thank GOD they didn't do yet another "villain trying to get ultimate power source" plot. It gets used way too much in these Marvel films

20. akito666

akito666 New Member

There is a list of 64 triad movies on my IMDb page but no list of ghost movies even though I have seen about 250+ ghost movies because it is unlucky to do so. I am not really superstitious but I feel it is bad luck to add a list of ghost movies. Besides, about 70% of the time.. I was covering my face while my father watches them fearlessly. lol