What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

The Fog (1980). A small costal town is terrorized by a fog filled with murderous ghosts. A good horror film.

DarkFusion likes this.
  2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

House. A trippy Japanese artistic horror movie from the 70s, and definitely a product of its' time. Horror mixed with... cartoony characters and interesting cinematography. I can definitely see how it got into the Criterion Collection.

3. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Hours of exposure still cannot fix Benedict Cumberbatch doing an American accent sounding odd to me.
    Good, weird time though.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  4. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of throwing a bunch of my DVDs onto my computer, so I'm watching little bits and pieces as I go to make sure they transfer over ok. Right now I'm checking out the classic kung fu flick, Kung Pow!.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Sweet Home. Yet another haunted house Japanese movie from decades ago! This one seemed to be inspired by Poltergeist, and they even got a westerner to do the special effects! Pretty grusome from the practicals, so definitely an 80s movie!

Capcon also made a game on this for Famicom (sub patch available!) and the game ultimately inspired Resident Evil! Movie itself can only be found on VHS, never made on DVD/blu, but fortunately it does have a sub! Interesting movie with a neat history behind it!

UltraKyu likes this.
  6. banballow

Watching through Sucker Punch, when we get to the part where the girls are after the map. The old man has something special for Amber...

... I couldn't help it. As soon as she got up into the fight, it happened. I started running through D. Va voicelines. "GG. Is this easy mode? Love, D. Va."

7. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Great game, and good movie!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  8. banballow

I watched Rubber today...
    ... why do some people love sausages, while other people don't love sausages?
    Also, a bit of the first Onechanbara movie. I've also rewatched 300, Pan's Labyrinth and Speed Racer. Still have several movies to throw on my PC. So much fun. :D

9. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Haven't watched much lately (curse you real life...and hockey), but I did watch a few:
    Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
    Live And Let Die
    Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
    Danger On Tiki Island
    Godzilla vs Mothera

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Doctor Strange. Gorgeous cinematography used in it, making for crazy building transformations and dimensions. Looking forward to seeing his appearances later on!

11. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I watched V For Vendetta yesterday, which is the first time I've ever watched it on November 5. :p Still an excellent movie! And still scarily relevant. :/

12. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I saw Doctor Strange yesterday. The trippy parts were so cool! The CG was amazing, and it was something that added to the movie. I'm glad to see magic introduced into the Marvel movie universe! It was so weird hearing Benedict Cumberbatch using an American accent, but I got used to it pretty quickly. :p I'm looking forward to seeing him in more movies. It seems pretty clear that he'll play a key role in connecting the majority, more local Marvel movies to the galactic ones like Guardians.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Rewatched Chef recently. Good one to check out on Netflix. Haven't watched too many movies lately, since I've been trying to catch up with a bunch of my shows :x

14. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Manos: the Hands of Fate. In memory of the Master. It was the will of Manos, I guess.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I got to go to an early screener! Great movie! Audience dugged it, laughed a lot and clapped at the end. Dragged the bf and although he didn't like the Harry Potter movies too much, he really liked this one! More of a mature setting, and neat to see the difference with the US magic branch and in UK. The main character was quite the eccentric (I can't think of many movie characters that doesn't look at people when they talk.)

At first I was weary of this being 5 movies, but now I can't wait to see more on this expanded universe!

16. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

The List of Adrian Messenger. A man tries to piece together a series of deaths, after his friend dies. An okay "And Then There None" mystery with cameos of stars in disguise...except you are told that they are in the movie, and the make-up effects are obvious.

17. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Godzilla: Final Wars. Monsters rampage, aliens invade, and Godzilla sightsees. A strange entry in the long running series.

18. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Lake Placid. A giant crocodile terrorizes a rural area. A fun homage/parody of the

19. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Doctor Strange. A brilliant surgeon loses the majority of the use of his hands after a car accident, so he turns to magic and the dark world it inhabits. A fun fantasy with excellent special effects.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Roar! Well this was... an interesting thing to see... an exploitation movie of sorts from the late 70s/early 80s. Take a director who's an animal activist (and insane) and put him and his family in the middle of over 100 untamed big cats, and make a flimsy story out of it. Horrible story, editing, and voice dub-overs, it was a hard watch when some scenes showed people actually getting hurt, yet portrayed as something silly in the movie :x Was definately... an experience! The contrast sure messes with your head, though.