What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I just got back from the Lego Movie. You guys need to go see it. Now.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I just... I can't :p Lego has been CRAZY lately, every since they started making games using big licenses, started making shows like that Ninjago and Lion-O (I mean, that Chima thing) and just wow they made it big! Playing in the licensed worlds are one thing, things like Lego City Undercover it's like... Lego with a story, and I kinda find that weird :p

I did hear good things about the movie, but it still baffles me, I guess :p

3. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

It's actually a pretty similar concept to the Imaginationland episodes of South Park. :p

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The commercial shows Lego Batman in it. I take it that it shows a bunch of the licenses?

5. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Yeah, it has Batman and some other DC characters, Lord of the Rings characters, etc. Honestly, the entire movie is one giant toy commercial. XD

6. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

I want your reviews in newspapers and magazines, my favourite

7. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

Well, picked up a few movies tonight at BB.

Right now I'm watching 300. Unfortunately, they did not have the spoof film Meet the Spartans to go along with it.
    Also picked up 10 Thing I Hate About You, Enchanted and Nightmare Before Christmas 3D.

8. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

In my lack-of-film watching, I saw Pacific Rim the other week.
    It was good, of the very variety.
    Not sure what else I can say as I am bad at words and it's just one of those things which is difficult to separate.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Watching the original '97 American Godzilla in anticipation of the new one :p It's a great, bad movie! Haven't seen it in years. (Have it on blu ray :p)

10. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

Got a few new movies recently...

Brave 3D
    I, Robot 3D
    Tangled 3D (Free from DMR)

... and I almost feel bad about supporting it, but I got something from vudu...

Frozen 3D

... still hoping that Disney will release a 3D Blu of Frozen eventually.

11. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I'm looking forward to getting Frozen on blu ray. It comes out in two weeks and I'll probably get it right away.

And on that subject, I keep on hearing people say that it's already out, but it's obviously not. Unless it's available digitally already?

12. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

It was released at a few digital outlets (vudu for example) on Feb 28. I would have preferred Blu-Ray, but who knows when Disney may (or may not) decide to release the 3D Blu-Ray here. Unfortunately, outside of importing, vudu seems to be the only option right now for Frozen 3D in NA. Hoping there will be the chance to double dip eventually for a disc.

13. conurebleu

conurebleu New Member

Just watched Spirited Away..Miyazaki always so good!

14. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

So, besides watching Frozen (again) and Tangled (again), I picked up a couple of movies today that I watched for the first time

For the most part, the movie kept me interested all the way through, and the 3D was a plus... only drawback (and this is of course, personal preference), it was pretty long. Towards the end, there was that small voice in my head saying okay, let's wrap this up.

Despicable Me (3D)
    Had heard plenty of good things about it, but honestly, there were a few points that I just completely lost interest and hopped on the internet for a bit before returning to the movie. Will rewatch later to see how that goes.

... then I watched Frozen and Tangled again. :p

Sometime this week, I'm expecting a couple of more movies from Amazon, Life of Pi and The Wolverine.

15. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Man, I really like Tangled.
    I haven't liked an old-fashioned, complete-with-songs Disney film (i don't tend to like the random singing for the most part, I don't really like musicals either) for ages since I saw that.
    Not seen Frozen yet, but I'm slow on the uptake, so it'll happen eventually.

16. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Don't worry about being slow to watch movies. I saw Tangled after I saw Frozen. :p And there are plenty of movies I watched long after they came out, and even more I've never seen, period.

17. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

The folks at Best Buy had a 3D movie for $7... $7!! *Sits down for Dredd*

18. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Watched Prizoner of Azkaban this afternoon. This is easily my second favorite Harry Potter movie, and Deathly Hallows Part 2 just barely beats it out. Unlike the first two, this one doesn't try to be 100% faithful to the books, and that's a huge part of what makes it so good. Movies that stick completely to the source material are never going to be that good because a lot of things that work in books simply don't work in movies. POA has a lot of little added scenes that add so much to the movie.

Alfonso Curon's directing is the biggest part of why this movie is so good. The cinematography is excellent. I wish he had directed more Harry Potter movies.

19. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I saw the new Dove Chocolate commercial that uses clips of Audrey Hepburn, so I searched on Youtube, and watched a movie called The Children's Hour. It stars her and Shirely Maclaine. The 2 of them run a boarding school for girls, and then this one lawful little girl makes up this lie about the 2 of them being lesbians, and basically it ruins their lives,..Its a really sad movie, but also remarkably progressive for something from the early 60s.

Then I watched The Apartment, starring Shirley Maclaine and Jack Lemmon (most of you probably know him as the costar of Grumpy Old Men aside Walter Matheau, albeit much much younger). Not as much to say about this one, but its still pretty great. Basically, Jack Lemmon is working at an insurance company, and through some circumstances, ends up letting his superiors at the company occasionally use his apartment for their love affairs. But then he falls for the elevator girl (Shirely Maclaine)...and things get complicated!

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Haven't watched a movie in a while but being in the hotel, been flicking through the (few) channels. Good thing it's Saturday since more movies are on. Watched through some of Dark Knight (only some cause I had a fat nap during it) and now Mr. and Mrs. Smith is on which I never watched through, so eh why not I'll leave it on.