What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Dusty you such a creep. I JUST watched that this morning! :p Bf had some Amazon video rental credit and been wanting to watch it. I know their strange movie tones, but I guess with this one I thought it was just going to be them journeying around, pubbing :p How foolish I was! Then again, never saw any trailers and stuff for it... The ending though... Geeze, it REALLY reminds me of a certain anime, but if I point out what anime it is, then it'll kinda spoil that too :p Ok, if you're really curious read the spoiler, which will have the anime's spoiler and The World's End spoiler:
    Madoka. (Stop reading here if no want to read elaboration...)
    World's End deals with an alien race trying to 'better' and evolve humanity in one way or another, but in trying to be beneficial. In one sense, by creating tragic magical girls, and in another, by having a robotic clone made of yourself, yadda yadda. The alien leader was A LOT like Kyubey :p

I've actually watched a number of movies lately:
    Anchorman 2 - lots of high dude-bros in the audience. My friend commented on the theatre's demographic :p Yeah, they laughed at pretty much EVERYTHING! Movie had it's moments and the overall message relating it to news now was pretty funny :p
    Home Alone 2 - had to watch one of two of my favorite Christmas movies this year! I have a bias of this compared to the first one, seeing it first and although it has 'sequelitis', I still think it did a better job, honestly :p
    Movie 43 - ...it was a background noise movie today off Netflix and the bf and I were like :/ They tried to make an 'offensive movie', but it was just dumb humor and a lot of it just... weird 0_o A lot disgusting, too.

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that is a really weird coincidence! X3 I mean, having similar childhoods is one thing, but man... I wonder if you are watching me. X3 ...Perhaps I am a clone you made for a science fair one day and I got away. o_O

As for the ending, well, one thing I at least have to give it is that the human clone thing seems like a better idea than magical girls, on the surface at least. X3 From your one sentence alone, it felt like an excuse just to have magical girls... like, what exactly would magical girls add to making humanity better overall? X3 Bah, I might just be a little bitter, that sorta shoehorning tends to rub me the wrong way.

Random, but speaking of the alien leader, I really liked that they got Bill Nighy to play him. :3 It made a lot of sense, considering the roles he played in the previous two films, and plus, he just has a good speaking voice. :3

Either way, what did you think of the movie overall? :3 And, did you ever see Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz?

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw both of those two. I don't remember much about Hot Fuzz, I think I thought it was alright, but Shawn of the Dead is a classic of course :p ...but I'm sure you think so too, right clone? :p

4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Actually, we differ here. :3 Yes, I think Shawn of the Dead is a classic, but I honestly think that I prefer Hot Fuzz. Both excellent movies, but I just sort of like the... feel of Hot Fuzz, if you know what I mean. That sorta nostalgic feeling (songs from Village Green Preservation Society definitely helped sell that point home). It had a funny but true message, and some neat twists. :3

EDIT: Hot Fuzz is a movie I needed to watch a couple of times to really appreciate though. The more you see, you realize how important every little detail and line is.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah, I should really watch it again. I just remember a bit of the ending, and that's about it :/ I know some people say that they can't re-watch movies, and I always found that odd :p I LOVE revisting my favorites and since my head is so crammed with info and stuff, I'm also VERY forgetful, and forget plots and stuff, so refreshers are always nice^^ Plus when you watch stuff years and years later, you pick up A LOT that you never did when you were younger :p

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Well, since Terro's post reminded me, I watched Home Alone 2 earlier this week. I like the first one more, although when I was younger, I think it was the other way around.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ammy, you still have ONE movie you need to watch >_> Imma bug you till I see it posted on here :p

Anyways, I've been working on some projects, so that means I go through my Disney blu rays :p Mainly background noise, but I still watch a majority of them. Most I've seen a million times already :p Plus special features too, of course. Too bad only the Diamond Editions have 'making of' segments on them
    Yesterday was Robin Hood, today has been Peter Pan: Return to Neverland, Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year, and Winnie the Pooh (2011).

8. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

...The Room, right? :p

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

.... -_- no, the other one that's actually good.

10. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

I second this!

11. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I know, I'm just messing around. :p

12. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Definitely worth watching!

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

No he has one specific dinosaur movie to watch!
    ...I can't wait for Godzilla next year >_>

14. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

The new Godzilla does look pretty cool.

I think I'm seeing Frozen tomorrow (technically later today). Looking forward to seeing it. :)

15. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Frozen was excellent! I loved everything about it. The characters are incredible likeable, the story was interesting, the music was great, and the animation was absolutely incredible. It also had the best resolution for the whole true love storyline I've ever seen from a Disney movie.

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I was just gunna ask how it was too before I sent the message :p I did hear good things, and I'll pick up the blu ray when it's out :)

17. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I saw The Hobbit movie last week and while it has been a long time since I read the book I felt like about 80% of the movie didn't happen in the book. Felt like it strayed even more than the original movie. It's just a really really long action movie. Pretty entertaining at least. that whole last action scene with smaug was totally dumb though

18. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Just got back from Desolation of Smoog.*

It was much better than the first movie, but it still dragged far too long. The pacing in the beginning was actually really good, but it really began to drag once they got to the mountain. That sequence lasted too long, and I agree with Tiamat about the action scenes in the mountain being pretty dumb. I also thought the barrel sequence was really stupid, but it was still incredibly entertaining.

Smaug himself was excellent. He looked great, and Benedict Cumberbatch was excellent as his voice. I liked the parts with the sorceror/Sauron, too. Those were really well done.

Once again my guess as to where this movie would end was correct. Looks like the next one really will be just one giant battle.

*This is not a typo; my friends and I have decided this is his new official name. Isn't wittle Smoogy-Woogy so adorable? :p

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Just watched the Blackfish documentary on Netflix that just came out this week... I recommend it for everyone to see how dirty Seaworld's corporate are :/ (I'm also ashamed that some of the film took place in Victoria...) As a kid, I always wanted to go to Seaworld. Not anymore... I think I played into a lot of the PR at the time, silly me! The whales were just playing a little too rough with everyone! Had no idea about the back stories...

(I honestly bypassed this because I thought it was one of those bad horror movies...)

But yeah, that's what I've been busy doing all night. It was really good.

20. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I saw American Hustle last night. It was pretty good. The acting was great, and I really liked the way it used music.