What Movies Have You Watched?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

For all the non-anime movies that you have seen lately! Old, new, whatever!

Actually, I haven't seen a movie-movie in a while. >_> I should watch some horror movie off Netflix this week though...

2. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I watched The Boondock Saints recently. I think this is the third time I've watched it, and it was still excellent.

3. MrBanballow

MrBanballow New Member

Just got Wreck-It Ralph. Should help me through the Sugar Rush brought on by a small mountain of Halloween candy.

4. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

Pacific Rim owns :p

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Forgot to post that I watched Ender's Game last week. Although it was condensed and the character development wasn't depicted the best, for a person who didn't read the book I found it enjoyable :p Kid actors were pretty good too for no names. I like when fresh people are picked for movies, given that they are good and not like crew on The Last Airbender :p My friends who did read the book didn't like it. I still thought they depicted
    the shower scene with the fight, followed by the smashed head, convulsions, and the robotic brain surgery right after pretty shocking! Glad they left it there because it did impact the scene a lot. They did make it ambiguous, but I was told that he did die in the book.

6. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Saw Thor 2 on Thursday night. While it had no chance of topping The Avengers, it was really good; I think it was better than the first Thor. And Loki is just amazing.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

How was it in comparison to the first Thor? I loved the Asgard scenes, but thought the desert and partial love story thing was really weak :/
    (I can imagine screaming fangirls in the theater too). Well, as long as it's not Edward Cullen or Bieber they're screaming at, for once I'm ok with it! I grew up idolizing Leonardo DiCaprio, but to my non-embarrassment, he actually stuck around and ended up being an overall great actor! :p

8. Captain Falcon

I'll just say that the actual villain in Thor 2 is kind of weak, but I think most everything else works to make one overlook that. And again, Loki being Loki.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me! Focus of the movie as far as the trailer in concerned, is all in Asgard, so that's a good thing! ...just as long as the villain isn't like Mandarin was in Iron Man 3... I liked most of the movie except the whole villain thing with it, oh and the whole
    Pepper gaining the powers and not dying thing... It was sooooo obvious and SUPER cheesy! Also the models of all the suits zipping around so fast that you couldn't really look and go 'ooooo!' at each individual one annoyed me. When I saw them in toy aisles in Walmart and stuff I was like 'yeah, that's pretty much the only reason they did that scene! Collect them all!!"

10. Captain Falcon

Let's be honest; this is hardly the first time a series has whored out to merchandizing. Probably not the 100000th time. As long as the kiddies eat the stuff up, companies will keep making them.

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Oh I know, but because the scene was so brief it bugged me because I wanted to take a good look at everything >_< You can capitalize toys on any movie, but that one just screamed that it was clear there.

12. Captain Falcon

After seeing the trailer before Thor, now I really want to see Captain America 2. The first one was my favorite pre-Avengers movie from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Captain America was great! Going to be a little weird now, since it won't even take place in the same era again.

I'm still curious on how Ant Man will work (heck, I'm still wrapping my mind on how mainstream audience will react to a CG talking raccoon with a laser gun!) Just need to wait for more trailers! The next two years for movies is gunna get crazy!

14. Captain Falcon

The thing is, the big payoff to all of this will take at least four years, if not more.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm not THAT knowledgeable with the Marvel universe, but I'm sure it'll be a build up to some, HUGE final boss, and then end the Marvel movie series (sadly), since all the actor's contracts will probably all be expired by then (plus being too old, yadda yadda...)

16. Captain Falcon

I've learned enough about Marvel to know that It won't be until at least Avengers 3 that we see the big big bad.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing... What would be a Marvel miracle, is someone Sony and Fox cooperating with Disney, and contracting in all of their characters, as one huge, final, conglomerate mash-up! Might even out do Avatar in worldwide box office sales :) Speaking of which, I wonder if Avatar was sort of a "wow" factor that the Wii was, and like the Wii, if Avatar 2 would just not have the same unique effect, like the Wii U. Sequels almost always do better, but I dunno, I feel like it would depend...

18. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I'm guessing Avengers 3 will be the ultimate finale to the whole Marvel movie universe. And speaking of Marvel movies, I watched Iron Man 3 for the second time last night with my cousins. It was still enjoyable, but I do agree with a lot of what's in Terro's spoiler section.

Tonight I finally watched all of The Incredibles. I've seen bits and pieces of it, but I've never watched it all the way through until now.

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Just saw Thor 2 and yeah, it was much more enjoyable than the first one! Not as much a focus on the main scientist characters either which is a plus (I don't care for them, but the audience thought they were just hilarious!

Also,
    the whole Loki thing well... People like him being the bad-boy, but I like him because Tom Hiddleston plays him so darn well and enjoys it! He's a pretty cool guy when he's interviewed, too. Also for Thor 2, I like the idea of the bad guy becoming good or redeeming himself in a way... Not to say he's really 'good', but I don't mind bad guys turning into semi-bad guys. Do I think he killed Odin? Nah. As much as he wants to, the way he spoke as Odin made him sound pretty sincere. The use of holograms made a lot of it predictable :p Haven't seen Avengers or even Thor one since in theatres, but since when did Loki get those powers? 0_o His mother used them, but well... I dunno, I don't remember him using them before? I DO want to see him fight along side The Avengers in the next one, though :p

20. akito666

akito666 New Member

Recently, I have seen the following movies:

Suspect X (JPN) (7/10)
    Cold Eyes (KOR) (8/10)
    Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City (JPN) (8/10)
    Chanbara Beauty: The Movie - Vortex (JPN) (8/10)
    Strawberry Night (JPN) (7/10)

I don't remember when I saw them but these are the last 5 movies I seen this autumn. I rarely watch movies even though I do buy them all the time. I buy them for my father to watch but occasionally, I would join in. He has seen over 1200 movies at least. I saw only 100-200 in my life up til now..