What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

"Overwhelming force" definitely describes most of my strats with this build :p Just use Whirligig (or Kirkhammer before I picked up Whirligig from the DLC area) to deal massive single-hit damage, basically preventing the enemy from staggering me if I time it right, and getting a shocking amount of rally recovery to minimize downtime where I have to stop and heal. I do use parrying strats for some bosses, but the super big beastial ones in particular I can never seem to figure out the timing for parries. Which isn't to say I haven't been using my bullets at all - in fact, my final winning strat for Laurence's final phase involved stacking as many bullets as I could to get several Cannon shots into his face, effectively giving me some free damage. Even with my abysmal Bloodtinge stat, that thing packs a serious punch for what it basically "fire-and-forget".

Also, I may or may not have already started up an alt character specifically to play about with guns and Skill weapons more...

Anyway, I'll taking a break from Orphan to do a few more Chalice Dungeons - hopefully going back to Orphan later with a fresh outlook and with a few more levels under my belt will help that fight click some more, because DAMMIT I REFUSE TO LET THIS GAME BEAT ME!

The fact that this is apparently not even From Software's hardest game frightens me viscerally.

2. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

About 6 hours into Trails to Azure now and this games prologue really starts off with a bang.

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

With the rate you are going you should be able to platinum the game pretty soon. :3 Mostly it is just getting to the deepest part of the chalices so you can fight the final optional boss and get their item. I'm happy to see someone else so enamored by the game... it is just so great. X3 Love the gameplay, the lore, the locations and setting, the small sub stories strewn about... X3

Also Ammy it is not. :x When I get a new comp I intend to install it though.

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Get a new compy, then. :p I need more than just one Overwatch friend. :p

5. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Probably! Though to my understanding you have to beat the game three times to get the platinum (because alternate endings)?

In any case, I've finally defeated the Orphan of Kos, and started back into the main story... where it's pretty clear I'm a bit overleveled now. :p I think I'll finish the game and then take on the rest of the chalice dungeons afterwards (those don't go up in difficulty when you enter NG+, right?); granted the only dungeons I've finished so far are all of the Pthumerian ones except the defiled one.

(Also I may or may not be cheating a little and playing the game in offline mode whenever I go to the Nightmare of Mensis in order to avoid invasions...)

6. DustyStarr

I just wish Blizzard would at least give us cross progression,or just let me use all my skins across my accounts. :(

And you do not have to beat it three times, if you just copy your save at a certain point you can get all 3 endings on a single save... don't want to go into more detail because of spoilers, but I can tell you the exact point if you want.

I am PRETTY sure the Chalices are not any harder, they have set... but some of those set difficulties are hard. X3

ALSO, I find the dueling in BB SO much more fun than in Dark Souls, since twinking is not as easy and it feels more even. I think I killed almost every invader, and had a ton of fun with some. X3 I remember one kept trying to lure me into some Winter Lanterns.......... fun.... X3

7. DustyStarr

A Hat in Time, 17 time pieces. The game is fun so far, it reminds me a LOT of Super Mario Sunshine, ust with a little more jank than you would expect. Bosses are also weirdly unforgiving, considering they have NO check points whereas other levels and types of challenges do, and they can have LONG attack patterns to wait through.