What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Playing a bit of Friday the 13th on my Switch, and I have to say...
    [​IMG]
    ... we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. It's been "Ch Ch Ch... Ha Ha Ha" my entire life, not gonna let these so called "experts" bamboozle me now.

2. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Uh... What does that even mean? :eek:

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Wow, and here I thought this was a good game... it's ALWAYS been Ch ch ch....ha ha ha.

4. banballow

It's the sound effect that plays when Jason is around. Apparently, according to what I am now to understand...
    ... they got Ki Ma, from the voices Pamela Voorhees heard in the first movie. Jason telling her "Kill her Mommy*". Then they ran it through a echo machine and voila.
    I don't care though, it's Ch Ch Ch... Ha Ha Ha. End of story.

* Mo is of course read as Ma here.

MrDetective likes this.
  5. banballow

I... I summoned Tommy Jarvis.
    I found the right house, but there was no power.
    I left the house, found the generator and got it running.
    Ran back and summoned Tommy Jarvis.
    Then I died.

As I spectated the remaining players, I found my Tommy.
    Hiding in a room.
    I watched as the other players managed to struggle to survive against Jason, got in the car and made it out.
    Then I went back to Tommy, still in the room.
    And somehow, he was nearly dead.
    What the hell did you do, locked in a room by yourself, that you are now limping and covered in blood?!
    Jason wasn't there to do it, I need to know what the hell happened!!

6. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

He wanted to kill himself for having to endure Friday the 13th the Video Game.

7. DustyStarr

My 360 decided to work today while I was trying to recover my old GamerTag, and I played some of the demo of Geometry Wars. I used to play the demo over and over again, never thinking there was more to the game.... childhood. X3

8. banballow

Managed to survive a round last night in the cheesiest way possible.
    Got the car running, started to drive away and hit like a light pole or something. Went to back up and the game decided to glitch me under the porch at Packanack Lodge.
    Still in the car. Can't get in or out. Can't drive back or forth. Jason can't get me.
    Kind of boring waiting the round out.

9. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Persona 4 Golden:
    Rise: It's my first time, please be gentle.
    Me: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Rise: *turns on light*
    Me: [​IMG]

Really having some nasty bad luck with this game right now. My save either got corrupted or my memory card was malfunctioning again. I got the "save failed" and no load data error twice. That's about 2 hours of progress or so out the window and I had to replay again. Curse these idiot engineers. Yeah, now this game really makes me violent. [​IMG] What the goddamn hell is wrong with this game? Or this memory card? Damn it!

10. banballow

There is a list of things, that I did not expect to be shouting into my mic today...
    ... on that list, you would find...
    "Run mommy, daddy's been drinking again!!"
    However, we did it. We managed to work that one in today. I was in a lobby with matching "mommy" and "daddy" players. I asked, pleaded with, "mommy" and "daddy" not to fight, but his anger won out, and "daddy" donned the hockey mask.

11. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Finished two routes in three houses, completed rank 6 in God Eater 3 and later on today i'll mess around with the dragon quest xi demo some more.

12. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Well, I am at 215 hours and in chapter 10 of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, im just at the tail end of my play through now as I have maxed all titan dev levels, done all the chapter side quests, almost completed all of my rare blades affinity quests, and done all the available heart to hearts. Its really something how this games quests and tasks weave into game play, the world, character stats, its like literally everything is linked and serves a purpose in other aspects of the game.

Next: Torna The Golden Country expansion... I WILL knock these out to get them over and done with.

13. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

You're nuts, lol. With the weird map, and the rng gacha nature of the blades, I eventually just decided to finish it and get it over with, haha. Bring me a sequel to X!

14. DustyStarr

More or less me right here, I want a sequel to X bad. :x I just hope it has the pacing of Xenoblade 1.

15. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

That cliffhanger keeps me awake at nights, lol.

16. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Also well um... I kinda started playing Xenoblade 2 in March :x

Its taken up ALOT of time, it took a bit for me to understand the games systems enough to actually be able to play it the way I have and do all this extra content. I dont regret doing it, I would even say this is what I needed right now. The gacha mechanics to unlock blades is a negative for me, I didnt get KOS-MOS (215 hours still isnt enough??!) and I think there are about 5 or 6 blades I did not get. Also lets not forget about the endgame blades, which there are a couple of those as well. I guess I really wanted to experience as many of the optional voiced cut scenes as possible, I really really love some of the rare blades out side the main cast though, I just wish there was a better way to acquire them. I am also refusing to farm Legendary Cores to get the remaining blades, this game in alot of ways is bat shit insane the level of commitment the player can have for it, feels like I have done more than enough yet... there is still SOOO much more time i would have to sink in to get the rest! I have enjoyed my play through immensely though, and its going to take some time for me to figure out how this game stacks up to Xenoblade 1.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  17. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

For me the original Xenoblade ranks #1, then X, then 2. I LOVE the world and exploration of X so much that even though the story doesn't stack up to the first game's, sometimes I load the game up just to run around Oblivia and take pictures of the leaning ring or the moon over the ocean. I actually feel like doing that *right now*. I really crave Sylvalum's night theme if I go for very long without listening to it. The first game had my favourite characters and story, but X had my favourite world, for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm kind of finishing up bits and pieces of several games at once right now. None of them worth talking about in depth, but boy, am I ever the pits at any kind of platforming. I think Liar Princess is supposed to be moronically easy, but I keep having trouble, lol. It's got very striking graphics and a sweet story and lovable characters, so I want to finish it, but man...this is just noooot my forte!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  18. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Persona 4 Golden: got highest score on the exam, preparing for summer vacation.
    - The devil social link is... quite interesting. I'm glad I took the job at the hospital. [​IMG]
    - Feels like Rise is trying to hit on me all the time, as opposed to Chie and Yukiko who seem to just want to hang out. [​IMG]
    - Sorry, Rise. I wanted to see you in a swimsuit, too, but I couldn't leave Chie and Yukiko out. So I picked "want to see Kanji's swimsuit" instead. [​IMG]
    - Haven't been able to spend time with Marie recently. Wonder if I still need to wait...
    Not sure if I missed anything else funny. Man, more social links to take care of and more things to do now! [​IMG]

19. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Judgement: It's harder than the other Yakuza games...I also miss equipment, and they sure are stingey with the skill points.

20. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Finished with Judgement. Good riddance to Koga and mortal wounds, seriously.