What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

You already know who is mad ;)

2. AnimeGamer183

I finally got to the more story intensive parts of Xenoblade 2... o.m.g. all I can really say right now is HYYPPPEEEE

There are so many ideas and theories going through my head right now about what a lot of these things are and how they reference and connect the past games, especially Xenoblade 1. It's really a treat for an old school fan like myself.

3. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I might finally get the fighter pass.... but I am too busy with Fire Emblem. x3 I am enjoying it more, the paralogue maps were all pretty fun.

4. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Persona 4 Golden: About to rescue Kanji, on the tenth floor now. Not sure how hard the boss is going to be... My level is 23-24 so I'm grinding a bit more just to be on the safe side.
    But seriously, this game feels like it's just outright cheating sometimes. :mad: I've had to restart many times because
    - Enemies suddenly gang up on the MC just for the lulz
    - Do a lot more damage than I expected, in some case more than 50% of my HP and I have no way to recover in time or see it coming. Add number 1 to this and you have rage fuel.
    - Got struck with a sudden weakness attack. Add number 1.
    - Some enemies have an Allah Akbar attack that can easily wipe out the entire party; add this with any of the above
    Sometimes, my other characters would be KO'ed for the reasons above or run away from fear. When exploring dungeon, it's impossible to run away from an enemy because they always chase after you. I also feel like characters miss their attacks more than they should have, compared to other similar RPG games. :eek:

I can't remember if it was annoying like this in P3 or not. But at least I had save state when I played it, lol. :rolleyes:

Also, I usually have to look up the answer online when the MC gets called on to answer a question. Man, some of these are quite challenging. XD A typical American student would probably be clueless. :p

BF4: This game has the worst playerbase I've ever seen in any games. Poor teamwork, dumb players, no one knows what to do or how to win a game, even the most basic things. Wasted enough time with it. :mad:

Welp. Back to playing offline JRPG again. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  5. DustyStarr

One path down in Fire Emblem, going to take a break and play something else before doing Black Eagles.

6. AnimeGamer183

So Dusty, how are you liking Fire Emblem 3: Houses? :D

7. DustyStarr

[​IMG]

8. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Trying to do another path in Three houses.

9. DustyStarr

Which?

10. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Black Eagles.

11. DustyStarr

I went back to Xenoblde 2, and evidently I was in the beginning of chapter 6... I forgot a LOT about the game, so I have been trying to remember some while making progress.

12. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

I just start from the beginning when that happens to me. I just pretend I’ll be immortal and have plenty of time.

13. DustyStarr

[​IMG]

SilentThisSide199x likes this.
  14. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

15. DustyStarr

Field skills in Xenoblade 2..... are the suck. I wish this system did not exist. I felt like actually indulging in some of the side quests last night, as tedious as they are, but aving to bullshit around with field skills made the experience so much more annoying than it shuld have been,

16. AnimeGamer183

There should have been a streamlined way to do the field skills without having to equip every blade in existence until you get the right combo to unlock what ever is behind the field skill barrier. This game spends a lot of time in the menu, a tad too much even, and I like tinkering in the menu, some menu things though are just an... awful time dump.

Plenty of time of her to do that in New Game Plus :D

17. DustyStarr

I don't mind tinkering in the menu either, but yeah, there is SO MUCH menu time, it really hurts the pacing of the game and makes me want to just not care and throw myself at the next story fight and let come what may.

Exploring the snow area in chapter 6 has been fun though.

18. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Turn back the clock to when I bought Ciel Nosurge while I was in Japan, but at the time I didn't realize you needed a Japanese PSN account to download the rest of the chapters. Fast forward to today, I watched an English story playthrough on Youtube, and am now knee deep in Ar Nosurge. The localization is a bit...iffy, but this game really goes to some interesting places. I wish the Atelier games could have as much thought put into them as these do, although they seem like yearly releases, so I guess that's not possible.

19. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Ugh, the field skills in Tantal were horrible. Particularly if you're at any point in the story where you've got key characters unavailable. :/ I ended up skipping a lot of exploration until later because of being unable to fill some particularly high field skills. I mean, you can always raise your blades' skills, but that takes forever. It really does derail the story at some points.

But when that happens, I move on. The main story is the most important part to me so if it starts to get pushed too far into the background, I drop side stuff and move ahead with the main story again.

20. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Persona 4 Golden: Scooter ride with Yosuke + school camping trip. :D Oh my god, my sides! [​IMG]

The other day, I had to redo one hour of progress because my Vita's memory card decided to malfunction for no reason. Couldn't save, and couldn't see old data, either. Damn Sony and their half-ass products QA. :mad:

zerokid2 likes this.