What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

What a coincidence i just got it in Xtreme 3. I was in the mood to play some Blade, So i popped in tokyo xanadu but save files were borked because dlc so im starting over and i'm casually playing over the nexus because grinding for card packs is a chore.

2. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Blanc VS Zombies: Finish the story mode. I guess overall, the game is short, but it was good, entertaining, and provided me something different before I jump into another fighting game. Final boss was somewhat... anti-climatic, I think, and I beat it at level 20 or so. There's still some contents left, but I'm not sure if I will spend more time doing these. Maybe I'll jump back in once in a while. :rolleyes:

Unit 13: Got a few more trophies and did some more missions. At this point, I only have about 7-8 missions left, all of which are time-based or stealth required. These are a pain to go through. o_O

SAO Fatal Bullet: I only tried the demo. Skipped over the story contents because I only wanted to see how it plays. For the most part, I like this game. Gonna buy the complete edition for sure. :cool: Graphics look nice, gameplay is pretty much Freedom Wars. Can't speak for the story yet since I saved that for the full game, and I am not familiar with SAO plot. Aiming in this game is kind of hard, though... The texts the appear in game during battle are usually so small for me (and I have bad vision) so I have trouble reading most of them. As a faux MMO game, it does the atmosphere right. I think I used to wish for a game like this. A full-on anime styled game. Glad we are seeing more of these games recently. One strange thing about this game: why the bloody hell do I have to buy ammo? :confused:

Ultimate MVC3: Holy hell... Just started this game yesterday, and I got my ass kicked hard. By CPUs. In normal mode. :eek:
    This game is a complete different beast than the first MvC game. It's also more difficult to learn than the likes of Tekken or Persona 4 Arena. It's not as hard to play as SFxT, Arcana Heart 3, or Under Night, but the CPUs in this game are freaking godlike, at least for a newbie like me. I guess it depends on the CPUs, too. I have a team of Zero, Dante, and Strider that can fight well against Frank West or Wesker. But then in my third match, I ran into a team of Magneto, Hawkeye, and a giant robot guy whose name I forgot. I got rekt so hard. :eek: I was playing on normal control, trying to practice basic combos. After the 10th loss or so I said screw it and switched to simple. And even then, it took me 2-3 tries to beat them. Next, I ran into Viewtiful Joe, and didn't have any issues. The final boss gave me another headache, though. Some of his attacks, I had no idea how to block or dodge them. Took me 5-6 times to finally beat it, and even then, I only have Zero left.

Still gonna keep practicing, but this was beyond my expectation! Anyone played this game before? Did you struggle this much as well? :D

By the way, anyone got Doom on PC? I am not in a hurry to buy it. It's on sale for 15 bucks. Did it ever go to down to 10 before?

3. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Played a bit of Alien: Isolation for PC via the Steam link on my 50 inch... wow this game pays so much attention to detail, everything looks like its straight out of the original film and I found myself just looking and exploring the evironments. Space ship interiors have never looked so good as they do in this game. And its atmospheric juggernaut too with good audio (my sound system makes it that much more intense as well) and its not as run and gun as you probably think, but more Alien universe lore and back story and survival game play, so far anyway.

4. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Beginning 2019 right with Trails in the Sky and Bloodborne. Granted, both are holdovers from last year, but I'm giving them the attention they deserve now.

Trails in the Sky - This is a replay, of course. I plan to replay the whole trilogy and, hopefully, by then, Geofront's fan localization of Zero will be done. Then by the time I finish that (and the fan translation of Ao), and have replayed CS1 and CS2, hopefully CS3 will be out. Yes, I am planning on playing the whole series (minus CS4) back to back this year, assuming the stars align with the aforementioned releases of Zero and CS3. Yes, I'm quite mad, thanks for asking.

Bloodborne - Started this way back when it was first given away to PS+ subscribers, sinking several hours sucking at the first area only to get hopelessly stuck on the first boss and ragequitting. But after watching a streamer play through a bunch of Dark Souls, I had the urge to try it again, while being smarter about character build and such. Played off and on the last few months, but just now starting to really get into it. Getting the Kirkhammer weapon really made it all click for me - for some reason, this is the first weapon in the game I really get. After getting that, it was just a matter of smashing my corpse against Father Gascoigne until I figured out the gun-parry system, and I've now reached Old Yharnam and finally feel like I'm making meaningful progress every time I pick up the game (something I'd been lacking before). So, rough start, but if the game stays at the level of fun that it's currently at, I think I'll enjoy myself the rest of the way!

5. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I bought that dumb SNK Collection on a whim, and the only game I've sort of enjoyed so far has been Psycho Soldier. Not the games's faults though, they're just products of their time, and it is cool to see them in a collection like this.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Been playing Smash Ultimate off and on, and played some Mario Kart 8 during New Years with friends.

Working on beating Detective Pikachu (motivation with movie out in a few months) and finishing up Nekopsra vol. 1 (where even the Steam version is more lewd thsn I had thought :p)

7. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

My day's progress in Valkyria Chronicles 4 was erased by a crash. I heard the voice of Psycho Mantis in my head, lecturing me on saving my game...I hope I've learned my lesson.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ys VIII tonight. Another I need to focus on...

Ack. 99.5% complete and 12/13 chests for a dungeon... Story of my life with this game >_> No maps online for it, either :/

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Replaying Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3rd or 4th time. My first time playing it on the Wii U, though...it's almost as much fun as the first time I played.

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Depending on where you are in the game, sometimes you have to come back to a dungeon later to 100% it.

11. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I'm mostly just been playing Katamari to try to unwind, going back to school and work this week so going to be really busy again.... after this quarter I should have some breathing room to maybe like play an RPG again, like go back to Xenoblade 2. X3

12. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Still been toying around in Hitman 2, playing some fan-made contracts. I also picked up Shadow of the Colossus on PS4 in the PSN holiday sale. I've been doing 2 colossi a day, And I've already cleared 4 of them over the weekend, looking forward to two more tonight! Been maybe 5-6 years since my last playthrough, glad to say I do not feel any different, still blown away by this game! I also picked up The Last Guardian, which I hope to play after. I'm worried because I haven't heard much good about it.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It was for the Coral Forest night raid dungeon. Couldn't find maps online showing the chests, just the one for the regular daytime version (which I got 17/17 chests on). Then again, it doesn't look like the completion rate for it even matters in the overall exploration rate. Didn't budge after completing the quest.

14. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Finally got the urge to play blade out of my system and finished tokyo xanadu because why not.

15. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I was getting worried with Valkyria Chronicles 4, because I hadn't encountered a mission that frustrated me as much as that stupid desert tank mission in the first game...........now I've found an equally frustrating mission. All is right in the world again.

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

NES Remix... focusing on that, too. I can only do so much before I get too frustrated >_> The controls on some original NES games are just so, so bad.... Mario Bros. Sorry, no diagonal jumping unless you're running! You can just go straight up!

17. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

I played the game on Vita, so unfortunately I can’t help you out on that one. Are the chests in the night raids separate from the ones during the day?

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yup, 13 vs 17. I'm not that worried, since none of it counted towards my journal total. Just glad to have it completed and getting out alive... I fell into the pit of those big sea lion monsters and got stuck. They kept swstting at me when I tried to escsape... Then I realized I was st a good level to tackle the quest (put it on hold for a while), and just killed them all >_>

19. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

VC4 is whooping my butt, holy moley. I remember being annoyed by that tank mission in the first game, but some of these missions feel on par or harder with that one.

20. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

RE2 demo was so good. And I only got bitten around 5 times...my aim is trash.