What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

(Looks like Danganronpa v3 is longer than I had thought... I'll save for the weekend).

Still working on Detective Pikachu. I want to beat DR v3 before starting Let's Go Eevee, but might do it earlier. Oh, I should redeem my Pokemon codes, too.

Anyone want an extra shiny Poipole, Lugia/Ho-Oh, Reshiram/Zekrom from those promo cards? I need to motivate myself to get those redeemed asap myself :x

2. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

P4A Ultimax: Finally beat the main story for P4 cast. So now, there's a separate story for the P3 cast. Hm. Seems interesting. :p
    Looks like they really put in a lot more effort with story telling in this game compared to the first one.
    So it's only been 3 years since P3 ended? I thought it was like 4 years or more, considering how the P3 cast seemed to have aged.

Bad Company 2: I regretted buying this game now. It's like this game hates me. I'm serious. Either it has really shitty hit detection or I have a curse with FPS games now. Not sure why but I keep getting assists and not deal enough damage to kill someone. I can unload a magazine into someone, get a dozen hit marks, and still not get a kill. Either I would die or my teammate would take the kill instead. I actually shot some dude in the face, and he survived, and killed me in two shots. :mad: It's not rare, either. The hell is the deal with this?? :eek:

I tried to ask for a refund but Steam declined. Goddamn it... :(

I bit the bullet and bought another PS4 controller for $39. I hope it works well for android device, with some tinkering. I don't want to wish to have my PS4 controller broken just to use it, either. :rolleyes:

Well, thing is, I'm not crazy about open world games, either. Yakuza is cool because I like the setting and the characters. So I'm still wondering if it's worth my time playing it. If I sell it while it's still in wrap, I could get more cash than it being opened. We'll see. :rolleyes:

3. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

The only one with a significant shift for seemingly a short amount of time is Akihiko, but he kinda stands out in general for refusing to wear any sort of shirt.
    Persona 4 was two years after 3 ended (there's a cameo of one of the first-years from 3 now being the third-year student council president), but as Persona 4 is spread over a year, Arena is now three years after 3 ended.
    They tend to shift the entire previous main cast out of their high school years with every instalment, even Persona 5 which refuses to be upfront about its date (listing it as the year 20XX) is pretty clearly set four years after 4 ended, in 2016.

4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Grabbed the Umihara Kawase trilogy and old Hitman games collection in the steam sale. Been playing Umihara and it is no joke one of the toughest platformers I've played. Thus, lots of anger and frustration have stemmed from play. But I LOVE IT

5. banballow

banballow Active Member

I can't remember the last time this has ever happened, I've cleared three games within the past week...

Bendy and the Ink Machine
    Gal Metal

... and now I can add in Syberia 3.

Busy week.

6. banballow

banballow Active Member

Started up Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Hello Neighbor.

Hello Neighbor... damn. I've already seen the neighbor get stuck multiple times, including trying to run at me, through the door. There is a door there sir, if you want to strangle me, you'll need to go around. *Continues running into open door* Around, sir!! It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right.
    Also, I finally get...
    ... onto the roof of his house with my VCR. Gonna break a window and infiltrate!! *Throws VCR at window*
    ... and, the VCR went through the window...
    ... without breaking it. Well now...
    ... fffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!

7. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Gotten a few hours into Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance via the 2.8 collection and I am enjoying it fine. You are probably thinking I am preparing for KHIII next month and that would only be half right, unfortunately I dont have KHIII pre-ordered and as of right now have no idea how or when I will be able to play it. So really I am finishing my KH series run I started in October 2017, its been a while but I have adored getting back in touch with KH the past year.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Played Super Mario Party with friends last night and actually won :x Apparently I'm better at playing a game of chance than of skill :p

9. Cryrobinson

Working on finishing up Horizon Zero Dawn still. Haven't been the biggest fan of the story overall, found it a little boring and a little bland. But I'm enjoying the gameplay enough to keep going! Also started Hitman (2016) and I am really enjoying that one as well. Story is much easier for those games so no real complaints there. I do enjoy the environments and just the trial and error of those games. Lead to some interesting happenings for sure!

10. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I beat all of the pasts for the 4 man Gungeoneers in Enter the Gungeon (I beat the Pilot's and Convicts the last couple days), so that feels nice! But I am just having a heck of a hard time figuring out how to use Blasphemy... these next two pasts might be tough to do. When I go to Texas a friend and I might try to get the Cultist's past (CoOp only).

Also been playing TF2 here and there...... the game's balancing is so bad these days. X3 Get steamrooled or steamroll.

11. banballow

banballow Active Member

Finished off the first arc in Dragon Ball Fighterz. Started up the second arc, but not sure if I just want to dive in, or play something else for a bit first.

Edit: And like that, I'm giving Telltale's Batman game another go. Hopefully I don't screwed like I did the first time around.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 3:25 AM
  12. Cryrobinson

Still working my way through Horizon Zero Dawn and Hitman.

Horizon: Finishing up the Frozen Wilds DLC stuff before finishing up the main story. Was going to go for a platinum with this one, but I'm feeling very burnt out on it. I know it's different than Breath of the Wild, but I can't help but draw the connection. And that hurts Horizon for me, as I hate the limitations on exploration. That, and I feel I keep hitting hidden invisible walls or getting caught in areas I can't get out of. One was behind a plant in a village, super frustrating.

Hitman: Finished the Colorado mission last night. 4 person hits are more fun, felt like I had to really plan accordingly. Took over an hour, but completed!

13. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

This is why I am passing on Breath of the Wild for now (that and Horizon was $10 for the complete edition where was Breath of the Wild didnt decrease in price at all during black friday) so I think it seems better to play Horizon first anyway. Breath of the Wild sounds like it really spoils you x3

14. Ringwraith

It's more like it's an entirely different style, one which trusts you to find your own way with a smattering of tools and a big landscape to explore, and explore you must, with very little guides you don't place yourself.

15. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

If you like the world of Zemuria, I'd definitely recommend it. There's a lot of side stories in addition to the dungeons (which is the same structure as dungeons in FC/SC). Plus, Kevin's a character that you don't want to miss out on!

Kikki likes this.
  16. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

To add to what Klaus said, *3rd* is really only a dungeon crawler in the loosest sense. Also on a far more subjective note, while as a whole it's probably my least favorite game in the series, it has some of my favorite moments.

Kikki likes this.
  17. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. :) It's interesting that you say 'if you like the world', because if I think about it that way, I'm not actually attached to the world itself, or its lore, overly. I was into Cold Steel very much for the characters' individual stories and how their stories combined, and less interested in the story of the world itself. Maybe that's why these things feel less important to me than to others.

I watched the full game, and some moments were interesting, but overall it wasn't of much interest to me beyond some character interaction and some bits of personal backstory. It felt like a dungeon crawler to me, and I don't particularly like Kevin, tbh. (I don't hate him, but I don't like him, either.) So for me 3rd just wasn't my thing. Watched a Let's Play of the whole game just to make sure I wouldn't miss whatever things make people say it's really important to future games. Even having seen the whole thing, I'm still not sure! I mean, I saw parts that were connected, but I don't feel like I would have been lost in a future game for not knowing what I saw in 3rd. Guess I won't know for sure until I actually get to play CS III and IV. And maybe when the Decisive and Relentless versions of CS I and II come out and I replay them, I'll notice things I didn't before. I'll just have to see. I did see quite a bit more of Olivier, though, in 3rd alone, and a few other characters who feature in CS. There was definitely more explaining going on in 3rd.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered opinions and advice.

On the topic of 'currently playing'...having played Sky I and II and watched 3rd, I've moved on (back...way back) to Tides of Destiny. If I complete this, I'll have (+10) for 2018's backlog, even with the handicap I gave myself on January 1st. :D

18. Cryrobinson

I just found the level of freedom to be a little more in BotW. Horizon has that feeling too, but some things are more restricted. For instance, climbing mountains. BotW you just can grapple and climb anything. Yet Horizon, you need prompts to climb (special marked areas). I got just a little bit annoyed when I had a mountain and I couldn't scale it even a little. Not knocking the game, it's a great time. But just a bit restricting in some aspects.

19. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

The problem I had with BOTW is that even though the exploration is less restricted than in pretty much any other open world game, there’s not much that motivates me to explore and keep playing it. There’s virtually no storyline, there’s little variety in enemies, and combat is pretty simple and repetitive. To me, it’s just exploration for exploration’s sake, and it’s not enough to keep me going for long periods of play. I’ve picked up and put down this game more times than any game I’ve ever owned.

20. Ringwraith

Hence the part about the game trusting you to set your own goals and techniques, the game's way more systemic than a Zelda game usually is, letting you use your toolset in interesting ways without telling you this is the case, but this does also mean it's very different from what people usually expect from a Zelda game.