What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

They also have more theming and their unique little floors compared to Tartarus' hundreds of randomly generated slightly-differently-coloured hallways.

2. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Ouch. Berserker risk is not for the faint of heart for reasons like this. Especially on upgrade runs. One Berserker is great. Two are fine. Three are usually painful. Four are insane.

3. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

I was fine with Teddie. I didn't love him, but I didn't hate him. I've just come to accept that most Japanese games have some sort of mascot character, and I'm pretty numb to all of them.

My 5-year-old, on the other hand, loved Teddie. He loved Morgana too. I'm thinking that may be the target audience of those mascot characters.

4. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

The last few years I generally played Natural, Random, Berserker Risk but because of that run I decided to go with Chaos Natural this year. xD

5. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Morgana wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to put up with him all the time.

6. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Out of the three copy paste teams from P3 to P5, Koromaru was definitely the best of the mascot characters / team pets, then I'd put Morgana, and then Teddie in last... because he's just skeevy no matter how you look at him.

7. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

I actually like Teddie but I don't remember enough about Koromaru to say either way.

Ken and koromaru played cool in P4U tho

8. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

So, I played Tekken Tag 2 today, again... I don't get it, after almost 20 years of playing the franchise, I suddenly have this problem. It's like, some of my attacks which I feel were supposed to have hit my opponent, simply failed to connect. :eek: I would get hurt instead, and get trapped against a wall or juggled. For example, I was playing as Hwoarang against Baek, and depleted his health down to almost KO. Then he knocked me to the air, juggled, and trapped me against a wall. I tried to counter attack but still ended up defeated. I mean, I don't mind losing because I let my guard down or let the CPU get the upper hand, but situation like this frustrates me to no end. Probably doesn't help that they keep track of how many matches you win or lose and display it. Guess that added somewhat more frustration as well. o_O
    Maybe I'm just both not very good and unlucky. And then there are girls like Tanukana who play like beast and put me to shame. Seppuku?

Gonna try Call of Juarez: Bound of Blood tomorrow. Seems like a decent FPS game. Here I thought it was some sort of open world cowboy game. :rolleyes:

So, does that mean no more climbing 100 identical floors before the deadline to beat the game?
    Oh, I can see how much you love Teddy. XD Out of curiosity, are these puns in the original Japanese script?

No clue how Morgana is, but I thought Kuromaru wasn't really memorable. Teddy has a lot more interaction and bearsonality, and a sense of humor. :D

Does your 5-year-old like to try scoring with girls in his class? :confused:

9. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Persona 4 still has climbing X floors before the deadline, but they are smaller dungeons and deadlines rather than the one big dungeon. Also if I recall the Japanese Script just had Teddie say "Kuma" at the end of his sentences so the English script was more inventive in that way, kinda like squid girl, without about as mixed results.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Played some Ys Celceta last night, and I think I still have a ways to go on the game. Splatoon tonight, and it funny how I kept being either no. 1 or no. 2 best player on the team online, when I was only lv 7 and everyone else was 20-50 :p I actually focus on covering ink, when most people want to go bang bang pow pow. Almost done with the single player campaign too! Oh, and also been picking at Utawarerumono every here and there.

11. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I almost always ink the area around the spawn as soon as the game starts, because if I don't, it always seems to be bare at the end.

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yup, same. Everyone else on the team just ink the path they are running in, and that's it. I stay behind all the time and top it all off, including the walls (because I believe that counts in the percentage too?) I often see poor defense in matches, since sometimes a guy from the other team will come and infiltrate my side, and no one else but me is around to beat him, unless they respawn.

13. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Only horizontal surfaces count towards coverage. That does include angled surfaces, but anything strictly vertical doesn't count aside from helping you reach different spots.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Awww poo, well now I know :/ Floors only from now on!

15. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I wanted to clarify what I meant with angles. It'd be like the ramps in Arrowana Mall.

Edit: Think of it like this. In the end, when it's calculating who won, it's from an aerial point of view. So anything that would end up in the aerial shot counts.

16. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I just started some game involving tears and the color red?

17. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Cave Story
    First time playing it, first level was pretty good.

18. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

LoH: A Tear of Vermillion: Resolved the hostage situation in Tibri and rescued Shannon. Can definitely tell that these games laid the groundwork for the Trails games.

19. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

How fun is it, and how... understandable/enjoyable is the story?

20. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

IMO it's nowhere near as good as the Trails games. Combat is much more simple and repetitive, and the storyline is pretty pedestrian for a JRPG. The translation is pretty terrible, though not to the point of preventing you from understanding the story. I actually did like how the bromance between Aven and Mile was done, though.