What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I agree, the second half of your team is better than the first half. Personality wise, Ryuji, Ann, and Yusuke were my least favorite members of the team. The ones that came after I liked much better, even though I found them all cliched as well. They were just more likable for me.

Really, I've played video games for over 3 decades now, I find all video game characters to be cliched at this point. Even the ones that aren't video game cliches are TV, movie, or book cliches.

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

So the only real solution is to play games like Fishing Resort and Mario with no story. X3

3. commodorewheeler

Yeah but that doesn't hold my attention. I can get into a story that's not original if I like the characters, so the key for me is having characters that I like.

4. DustyStarr

Oh, you mostly only like story based games? I suppose I should have realized that from what we have talked about but that's interesting. X3

Welp I played some Persona 5 last night, around a 5 hour play sesssion wirh most of it being visual novel stuf and about 20 minutes in Mementos. Killed the last bit of time at the end of the third dungeon until the beginning of the fourth Palace (which I hope is fun because I like Pyramids in games). I'm finding the characters of Makoto, Futoba, and this... detective guy who keeps showing up a lot more interesting than the first batch of characters so I was enjoying the story. Let's hope it continues... and hope that Palace 4 is not as bad as 3 because 3 was so meh. X3

5. commodorewheeler

Yeah I want stuff with lots of story. One of my goals is to play every console VN that is localized, even the otome ones. It's been a bit of a mixed bag so far lol.

Doesn't mean I can't play stuff without a story, though. I did a couple of hours of Breath of the Wild last night and enjoyed it, that game is legit good. But no real story up to where I've gotten, and I usually don't end up liking games with little or no story as much in the end.

Palace 4 was shorter than Palace 3 IIRC. I like Makoto a lot, she was the girl I chose in my non-harem playthrough. Not the most original character, but she appealed to me, and her English VA was outstanding.

6. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

You're just about caught up to me. :p
    I just secured the route to the treasure in palace 4. It has actual puzzles....though only one of them made me think a little.

7. DustyStarr

Playing Palace 4 now, and it is alright, I like the theme and how the monsters they used actually go with the theme, like Isis and Thoth. I seem to be almost done which is nice because the palace has, so far, not overstayed it's welcome like the awful palace 3 (grey corridors 4 dayz), so I hope things continue like this, but I hear Palace 5 sucks and is super tedious. X3

Just bought 4 SP Adhesives so that should make palace exploring a little nicer.

8. commodorewheeler

Palace 5 was all right. It's longer than Palace 4, but it wasn't too tough at all, as far as puzzles and combat go. Good call on the SP Adhesives, you'll really need them in Palace 5. Palace 7 is still by far the worst in both length and tedium.

I got the platinum trophy tonight. Last one I was missing was the optional New Game+ boss fight. Let's just say it was not easy.

9. DustyStarr

Are the SP Adhesives more or less the only accessories I will need in the game? Seems like not much can top them. X3

How is that fight compared to other super dooper fights in the series?

10. commodorewheeler

The third level SP Adhesives are the best dungeon crawling accessories in the whole game, but there are some fights that you'll want different accessories for. The NG+ boss fight gives you a ridiculously OP accessory that is even better than the SP Adhesives, and once you fuse the best Persona in the game you'll find that your MC doesn't need the SP Adhesives much either.

NG+ boss fight was comparable to P4. That fight was a bitch too IIRC.

11. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Smart fusion does as usual mean you can turn your main character into a battery of deadly spells only limited by your SP pool.

12. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Catch yourself a Kin-Ki and you've got a bit of health regen too. ;) (Necessary to level it to 27 for dodge psy as part of a fusion request from the twins)

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Played some Tekken Tag on WiiU last night and some Mario Kart DX on Switch last night with a friend. I really really don't like using the single Joycon and it's very uncomfy :/ I do have a pro controller now tho, and I'll prob end up getting another set of Joycons with a grip at some point.

14. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

How's Tekken on WiiU?

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's not bad. I watched Mushroom Mode and that was pretty amusing. Mushrooms constantly keep making you shrink/grow while you fight. Every character gets a Mario-themed costume too.

"It's NOT the same game".

commodorewheeler likes this.
  16. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

If I can find it cheap I may pick it up and give it a shot!

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Got it for just under $20. Fun to mess around on.

18. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

"Not the same content!" :p

commodorewheeler likes this.
  19. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Damn....I finished palace 4, and was looking forward to Futaba joining my party...only to learn that she's just another Rise type support character...

20. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Playing WoW expansion catchup, beat Cataclysm, working on Panda-land, hoping to get to Legion before it ends (although given that Tomb of Sargeras just unlocked... all bets are off)

Downloading yet another of my KS VNs, Libra of the Vampire Princess ... I don't think I've actually played any of them yet XD