What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

God Eater 2: Kinda getting a bit tired of doing side missions, especially since I never get the materials I want. :eek:

FF13-2: Beat Raspatil last night, but there's not much, if anything left to do.
    - Tries to 100% all maps: gets stuck at Academia 500 AF. What a headache... o_O
    - Tries to grind monsters: Couldn't beat Yomi. Such a boring and tedious boss. Spam poison my ass. :mad:
    Guess I'll just call it done. The whole game is good, overall, but the stuff at the end and post game feel so lazy and desperate to lengthen the game. That sort of leaves a sour (and salty) taste in my mouth. I think I only have about 60 hours in this game, a lot less than how much time I usually spend in other RPGs. Weird... :rolleyes:

Next on the list: Mega Man 10 and Devil May Cry HD.

2. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Started playing Redout, it's good. Can be pretty tough though. Feels good to drive but collisions with other vehicles feel terrible, which I guess is logical, but it's so annoying from a gameplay standpoint for a slight nudge to send you careening 90 degrees into a wall and possibly turn you around backwards, and almost completely drain your health.

Soundtrack is fun too.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I've been wanting to try Redout but I'm waiting for the Switch version.

4. Chaosblade77

I've only played around an hour and a half, but so far I'd recommend it. Feels sort of like a mix between F-Zero and Wipeout, despite those two doing things fairly differently beneath the surface. It manages to have the more arcade-like feel of F-Zero while also having a splash of Wipeout's physics and handling.

After 100 minutes I feel better about this game than I did about FRN after a similar amount of time. Redout just feels better.

Still need to try Formula Fusion too. Apparently that one is closer to being a Wipeout clone.

5. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Contemplated between either playing Mega Man 10 first, or DMC HD. Decided to go with the latter. I'm in the mood for some exciting action games.

DMC 1: Okay... Mixed feelings about this one. It doesn't feel... HD-ish that much? :oops: The menu, the intro, some cutscenes are not displayed in full screen. They look kinda dark, blurry, and not detailed. I could understand the cutscenes, but why is even the menu not in full screen? I didn't even know I had to press R to aim and shoot until 30 minutes into the game. XD And for some reason, enemies deal tons of damage right from the start. :confused:
    I'm not very familiar with doing combo just yet. As expected, the camera is not my best friend. The first boss gave me troubles, especially how I couldn't see where I was going and ended up hitting a wall and get hit. Why the hell am I getting punished for things I can't control? o_O One time, I got its health down to almost zero, then die before I can deliver the final blown. I got so freaking pissed that I just spammed devil trigger and started slashing at it. Miraculously, I was able to beat it. :rolleyes: Lucky me!

God Eater 2: More new characters! :p It's gonna be a chore to level up them all... :O

6. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

7. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Trails the 3rd: I guess I should have seen it coming when I met
    Lechter, that I'd eventually also meet Osborne.

8. Chaosblade77

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....020/928E3994E0806243DD0B15A7709DCDD2ACAE8445/

Man that was cloooose. Had no idea who won until it told me Gold Medal.

That race was super hard, my ship's raw speed helped me keep up front but the weak hull and the fact it's basically a survival race made it difficult to stay alive. Especially since it's such a curvy track, hard to stay off the walls long enough to allow the ship some time to repair.

9. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Tried out the first ARMs global testpunch. I walked away sweaty and ashamed. lol

10. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Cool thing about Puzzle and Dragons: there's one particular series of evolution materials that's hard to get without spending a semi-premium currency, and I kinda need a shitload of them.

And by a shitload, I mean at least 4 for the current moment.

11. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

12. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Besides my newfound (Well, returning) obsession with F2P iOS and facebook games, I've been getting caught up with The Secret World content before the 'relaunch' happens. Tokyo was... hit and miss, which is pretty much what my initial observation of it was. Still more research failures on the part of the writers (Love Hotels and Soaplands being two completely different things for one) but it was amusing to see a mission that was the unholy lovechild of Akira and Persona. Kind of funny to be sitting through the cutscene introducing the mission and go 'Yeah, I've already had this bludgeoned into my head in Persona 3 & 4G before this came out'.

But... hit the climax of Tokyo (and season 1 of TSW) and went ... "That was it?" Oh well, at least I got a god move that I'll never get to use in a dungeon or raid due to TSW being deader than Elvis, and there not being any carryover from the original game to the relaunch.

13. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I found my win rate skyrocketed when I stopped using the awful motion controls and swapped to the pro controller.

14. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I wouldn't call them awful, but there's definitely a learning curve, when you have to wrap your head around that you use them both to move your character and to punch. Lots of different combinations of things to memorize. I want to try getting better at the motion stuff, because after I got used to them in Splatoon, you make non motion users look like chumps, lol.

15. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

And it's good exercise, lol.

16. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Just started playing Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, enjoying it quite a bit so far! But as a PSA for those wondering how Visual Novel it is vs how JRPG it is, it is definitely WAY more VN. I think I'm about four and a half hours in and I've done three relatively short battles, the rest all being VN stuff. But it's a good VN - interesting world and hilarious characters!

17. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

I'd always heard of Ultimate Ray Romano being a VN so the inclusion of any JRPG elements in it at all is a bonus to me.

18. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

I'm assuming autocorrect, and damn if that isn't a great one!

19. joakkar

joakkar Member

Slowly advancing through radiant historia. This game is so gorgeous and original I can't believe I waited until now to start it ;A;

20. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Lol I like it so much I don't even correct it back.