What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Played some Ys Celceta today. Found a bug where when I changed party members, my party fell through the world and I got a game over :x That was... interesting.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Where was that? I never found that bug.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's the dungeon before you enter the Primeval Lands. I was inside and switched Adol out of the party. Then the screen went black, there were a few screams, and I saw falling, followed by a game over 0_o Was amusing tho :p

4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Started on Nayuta no Kiseki over the weekend, really enjoying the combat and how it feels so Ys-y but still Trails-y in a sense. Great game glad I put it before 3rd or else I'd probably but something else before it. xP

5. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Are you using the fan translation for that? And if so, is it bearable at this point? I know that it was comically bad on launch, but I've also seen it go through quite a few revisions and patches so I'm wondering if it's reached a point where I can play the game for its gameplay and not get too frustrated by the TL.

6. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

I personally have seen ACTUALLY localized titles do far worse. There are many instances of things being translated but not made to fit the English pattern of speech, or even our cultural habits of how we word things. So it is awkward there. BUT, silver lining's playbook; it's bearable. Bearable as heck. I mean, I'm enjoying the gameplay FAR more than the storyline anyways, so I'd say jump on it!

7. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Voez + Puyo Puyo Tetris

8. joakkar

joakkar Member

finally splurged and bought the atelier arland trilogy for vita. I'm playing Rorona plus first and I seriously didn't expect to enjoy it this much. Hopefully I'll like the other two as much when I get to them.

9. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Totori is definitely very dated at this point compared to Rorona+ and Meruru, but outside of its mechanics it's still pretty solid as far as Atelier goes.

10. joakkar

joakkar Member

Yeah I was wondering whether to tackle them in order of release of originals or plus versions and ultimately decided on the former since I've never played the originals (and I didnt plan on doing it either since this is the kind of game I enjoy more in a portable format). I was originally going to let the ds game be my first atelier game but the ridiculous price held me back.

11. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

A good decision overall. The DS game isn't very good and now that so many Ateliers are on the Vita it doesn't even have the 'portable Atelier' thing going for it.

12. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Rorona was actually my favorite, characters wise.

13. DarkFusion

DarkFusion Member

Going for something light hearted for now and playing Hatsukoi 1/1...and there's this crazy comic relief side character who in every scene he's in I can't help but think "This guy kind of looks like Machias"
    [​IMG]

14. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

The hardest part of Trails the 3rd, so far, is having to pick your party, when they keep giving you new characters......feelsbadman...

15. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

It's why there's a random button!
    Making decisions for you!
    Except you don't have enough gear or quartz to go around...

16. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Trails the 3rd: The lore dump behind the 100 battles door is so satisfying! Still want to know more though, haha.

17. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Stahp making me wanna get and play SC gais, :x Too many RPGs.

18. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Played some Overwatch! Won a bunch of rounds... and got less than a level. Orz. I hate being an unable-to-compete scrub getting terribad XP. I need to get 16 more levels so I can lower my friend's competitive ranking!

19. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

I'm playing Dark Souls and Fire Emblem Awakening

20. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Play in a group for the 20% experience increase. :3

Played the first 2/3s of Asura's Wrath last name. It's a pretty awesome anime with some fun fights thrown into the mix. :3 I think it got judged way too harshly, but there is still game left to be played.