What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Tomorrow will be the end of my journey with Trails in the Sky SC, and what a journey it's been...even with all the weird glitches where floors don't show up or npcs turn into party members...

Tomorrow I take it to those Ouroboros jerks in the Axis Tower!

2. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

I'm playing Diablo II and Pokemon Moon

Getting very irritated trying to find a Pichu though

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  3. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

And... finished my DvL run in SWTOR. Alas, I'd have needed several more months to get the final tier, but happy I managed to qualify for the companion (even tho its pretty clear that since its an unlock based on what everyone on every server in the game does, so we're getting the Light Side companion)

So a break to focus on writing... and yet more costumes to grind on DoAX3. It feels like such an MMO with the amount of grinding you have to do (and not the fun kind)

4. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're looking in the right place?
    Sometimes the 'dex only mentions places they can show up as backup, rather than as the initial encounter.

5. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

I'm looking in the spots that the pokedex marks on the map

I hope that they don't only appear as assist help for a random encounter

That is an extremely annoying feature

6. kristaok

kristaok New Member

Story of Seasons, Rune Factory 4, and I was playing Skytree Village but idk it got to be too stressful for me. I did just pick up well my hubby got it for me as an early Christmas gift Pokémon Moon.

7. Ringwraith

Yes, pichus only appear by themselves in the city, not on route 1.
    Pikachus never show up by themselves.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I read that Pikachus do show up by the city but are even rarer than finding Pichus... but are there, somewhere!

9. Ringwraith

Hrm, I just assumed they were backup-only (which is what I mean with "not showing up by themselves"). Not seen any other evidence to suggest otherwise.

10. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Finished Trails SC! Yay!

Now...do I try and struggle through The 3rd with my limited knowledge of Japanese, or do I skip to Trails of Cold Steel?

11. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Pokemon Moon: I caught a Growlithe and an Abra on Route 2, so now both of them are in my party! I'm keeping the EXP Share on because even though it's kinda game-breaking it allows you to constantly switch which Pokemon you have in your party and not have to worry too much about new ones catching up to your other Pokemon. After I caught those I did the first trial and one-shot the Totem Ratticate with my Makuhita. XD

So far my only real complaint about the game is that I don't think there has been a single trainer who has had more than a single Pokemon. I know I'm still early in the game, but dude, one Pokemon is pathetic. I want longer trainer battles.

Also, I think it's funny how Nintendo and GameFreak were making a big deal about the lack of badges in Sun/Moon. Apparently there are going to be seven total trials in the game, so really no different at all from challenging eight gyms. :p

12. Ringwraith

Except the trials aren't all "go to a building, win battles against everyone inside".
    Scaling experience from gen V is back. So you can catch up much more easily, as well as the fact experience doesn't split for participation from VI is still in.

13. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Almost have a Haunter and am not too far off from Machoke. Will want to trade soon to get them to evolve.

And just so you know Chelli, Kadabra doesn't get an attack move when it evolves. And since you don't get a useful TM for it for a while it remains basically useless for a long time. I know, I wasted a lot of experience on one before I gave up. I'm not using exp share so it was probably worse for me than you.

14. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Honestly at this point if you're patient (And you likely should take a break between trails games anyways) you should just wait for 3rd. I can't imagine you'll be waiting more than 6 months unless difficulties arise.

15. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I couldn't do it, haha. I've got a fever, and the only cure is more Trails! I got the gist of the prologue of The 3rd, but it's pretty offputting not understanding most of it, so I've moved on to Cold Steel.

16. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Pokemon Sun: I have been kinda stalled after beating the Ghost trial because I have been grinding up some pokes and doing trades such, so been in the Tapu Village for a while. Managed to get a snow warning Vulpix though which will be awesome. :3 Try and get Vaniluze and Castform in the Tapu Village. Almost at 50% Pokedex completion. X3

Really wish the move relearner was not so far into the game...

17. Ringwraith

Yeah, that's weird, I've heard someone say the same thing, seems like a strange bug or oversight, as it should get confusion at level 16 immediately.

18. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

You get a TM for Psychic after the second Isle... a long time to wait but still.

19. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Seems like it might learn it if you don't evolve it right away and wait a level. Then it shouldn't try to learn Kinesis instead.

20. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Trails of Cold Steel. Made it to Celdic. I call this game: Bracers in Blazers. :p