What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

If you do not want to fight wild Pokemon I would definitely recommend repels. If you are leveling up with wild pokemon the calling for others is faster than getting into two fights.

Also there are a LOT of pokemon early on, it is just that a lot of the encounters are rare. I had around 40 caught around the first trial. Specific patches of grass will have specific Pokemon, and time of day affects things again too, like in GSC.

I am being a bitch and using the exp share myself. X3 But that is just because I am going for a complete regional dex so being able to level up and evolve Pokemon in the background is nice.

Currently on the second island, faffing about near the ranch, found a named Team Skull member. Going VERY slow since I have been trying to catch as many different pokes as I can. X3 Tried for over an hour to get Happiny...

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Exp share is the best thing that happened in the game... I hate grinding. Getting rid of HMs was the second best thing that happened in the game.

3. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Exp share seems like it would just overlevel you, not eliminate grinding. And I don't mind fighting wild Pokemon, the problem is that it seems like every other battle they are constantly calling for help over and over. I'd rather see some variety and maybe run into some of those better Pokemon I've been missing than see the same ones summoned over and over in the same battle.

And my Abra evolved, but didn't learn confusion? Still can't attack :(

And yes, the changes to TMs and HMs is great. I'll actually use more than a handful of TMs now.

4. DustyStarr

The TM change is a tad old, back in Gen 5. But the HM change is SO great. Plus, riding on Taurus kinda acts like a bike too, since you can just dash with him all over. :3

Also, pokemon can summon different Pokemon when calling for help, some can only be found this way. Such as Pichu can summon Pichu, Pikachu, and Happiny. I know there is a new water type that can only be summon by Coralsa. SO you may wanna be on the lookout here and there! If I had a guide I would be able to list what Pokemon can summon new/better pokes...

5. Chaosblade77

Gamefaqs says Kadabra is one of several Pokemon affected by a bug which is why it can't attack. Apparently there is a thing where Pokemon are supposed to learn moves when they evolve, but if they learn another move at the same level you only get that move and the evolution move gets skipped. So Kadabra gets Kinesis and can't learn Confusion, making it practically useless until level 28.

6. DustyStarr

Oh wow that sucks. :/ I hope that gets patched soon... that's weird, that has never been an issue before. If you need a psychic type there are Slowpoke in a few areas around, like on the path to the lab.

7. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Apparently it can be completely stopped by inflicting a status ailment.

8. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Started Corpse Party 3DS and Ys: Oath in Felghana PSP. Enjoying both a lot! Damn those boss fights in Oath are fierce!

9. Mauricio_Magus

Mauricio_Magus New Member

I just started playing Pokemon Sun, so far the presentation is amazing compared to XY/ORAS, the music is great, and there are a lot of great QOL improvements.

But I really dislike the handholding so far, I'm just 5 hours in but so far I don't feel any sense of being on an amazing adventure, I'm just being taken on a tour, I'm just several hours in but I hope this changes. I'm still enjoying it a lot and it seems more difficult than the last Pokemon games(playing with EXP Share off but might turn it on soon).

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I get this. I think they should've made two different paths to choose: "are you new to Pokemon?" and "I'm an expert, let me go on an adventure!!" They could still keep the dialogue and everything, but it's like "really? You can't go into the city until you go through the Pokemon School and learn stuff you already know?!"

11. Chaosblade77

I'll probably go back and catch a Ghastly, pretty sure I saw those up around the cemetery. Way better than a Slowpoke. Poor Kadabra, and poor me for wasting time getting it 10 levels before realizing I was wasting my time.

12. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

I just finished pokemon sun, looking at the credits now.

13. DustyStarr

How dare you, Slowpoke is awesome. ;~; Slowbrow and Slowking are great.

I finished the second island more or less, beat the Kahuna. Been cycling through a lot of different pokes to try to level as many different people up as possible until they evolve, used Primeape and Machoke against the Kahuna. Currently looking for pokemon in the Lush Jungle that I missed, lucked out and found a Happiny and teo Passimians. At 28% Pokedex completion.

14. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Yeah, I started with Oshawott.

15. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Well, from taking advantage of the 5x Excitement for Nyotengu I got her from level 7 to 86. Boy did it reaaaaaaally slow down at the end. When you get 3 - 4 levels per go on 5x, it makes me not want to level without it.

It did highlight that I really can just spam vacations to buy the DLC costumes rather than save scumming so I might try sticking with that.

Ah well, back to swtor to finish my current DvL challenge.

16. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I feel like Pokemon are only rare once you're aware that they're rare. XD I had no idea Pichu had such a low encounter rate, just happened to run into one, and caught the first (and so far only) one that I've seen. :p

Still not that far. On the first island and haven't even done a trial yet. But I'm already starting to feel the lack of a fire Pokemon on my team. Haven't run into any yet, so when I fought a Magnemite the only Pokemon I had that could really do any damage to it was Rowlet.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Had a "stay home and relax day" today. Figured it would be good before Black Friday week :/

Grinded a bit on Neptune V but STILL not quite ready!! Getting there... (and I WILL beat it soon! I swear!!)

Also worked on some VLR... such a long game... the ending better be worth it, cause I only have a few paths left!

18. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Made it to Chapter 9 in Trails SC. A few of my favored party members are now woefully underleveled due to story circumstances. :(

19. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Well, at least they'll gain ridiculous amounts of experience from things to catch up. Scaled experience is great.

20. Chaosblade77

Why did I bother catching a Munchlax if I could get one for free. Been using one and it has done well. Not sure about its heart, but its stomach grew three sizes and now it's a Snorlax.

The game certainly seems to discourage you from using a Gastly. Nearly everything in this game has either Pursuit, Bite, or both, and either completely destroy it in 1-2 hits. Machop and Torracat are pretty alright though.

I guess once I get Haunter and Machoke there isn't much reason not to trade to evolve them ASAP.