What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

My experience has been the complete opposite of yours. For wireless, my Sony consoles other than my Vita have faster connections than my Microsoft and Nintendo consoles do. The Vita is hella slow for downloads.

2. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

FFX HD: Now I'm fighting the worm boss in the Zanarkand trial. Another tough and frustrating battle here... It's so annoying having to deal with its berserk attack. If your character goes berserk, they attack it, and then get counter-attacked and die. And I don't know what the deal is but this bastard gets 2-3 turns continuously even though it's supposed to be my turn. :mad:
    And there's also the fact that some of its attacks can one hit kill characters like Lulu or maybe Tidus if they aren't at full health.
    Gonna give it another shot now... :(

Edit: Just beat him. :D Thank god for Yuna's grand summoning. XD

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Played through 20 min of Pokemon Sun last night after picking up for midnight (since I'll be at work most the day today...) Yup, definitely a lot more story based! Not used to this new formula for the game :p Starts differently from the demo, too. I wonder when I can get my Ash Greninja?

4. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

When you're ready to escape from The Glorious in Trails SC, but you realize it's 4 in the morning.... :(

5. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

I've been there. I was confused about the Steins;Gate 0 ending, and somehow ended up discussing it with Reading Steiner at 3AM...

6. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Pokemon Moon: I chose Rowlet as my starter because owls are awesome. And I found a Pichu! And other than that I haven't done much because I'm only about 90 minutes in. I'm on my way back to the first town for some sort of celebration.

World of Final Fantasy: I'm loving this game so far. It's oldschool Final Fantasy goodness. I beat a boss in Chapter 4, and I'm not officially in Chapter 5 yet, but it seems like the next time I advance the story will be the start of a new chapter.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

So since I read this, I checked out where Pichu is. I want an Alola Taichu for my team, and need to get one (was looking for a while early today, before receiving the PokeDex with tracking on it). Then I find out... there's a 5% rate of it appearing .. Guess I'll try for another 20 mins... I want to get one to level before my Rowlett gets too OP.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

*finds Pichu... faints it*

Time to encounter another 95 Pokemon...

Edit: Wow another appeared in just a few encounters! Got it!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  9. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Pokemon Sun: About 6.5 hours played today, maybe a little less because some of that time might have been idle. My current Pokedex is 27 Caught 40 Seen. I chose Popplio of course, named it WangaDoodle. Got through the first trial and did a little bit of story after that. I have a full party with me to try to level people up for evolutions but I guess my primaru party right now would be Popplio and Yungoos. Spent a while trying to catch the damn cheerleader bird and then getting Pichu and Grubbin to spawn.

Going for a complete Pokedex... is getting tough already. X3

10. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

If they're lower level than most of the other encounters in the area, you can use the repel trick if you have a fast enough pokémon of the correct level (one higher than whatever you're looking for) on hand.

11. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Finished Knights of the Fallen Empire on my DvL Sith Assassin. I've completely fallen for my girl-loving twilek gal in all her 'I will rule this Universe! With Lana! But I'll throw the Theron dog a bone every so often' glory.

Hitting that end credits roll after the conclusion was great, and Knights of the Eternal Throne is just around the corner.

Just need to get my DvL Jedi Brick Wall to 65 then I can go back to enjoying levelling and stories. I've promised myself to reroll my Assassin and actually play through the story fully since I had to rush this to get it done by the 29th when the 5 - 6 month 'do all this stuff' event ends (That I somehow managed to avoid finding out about until I only had 2 weeks to do as much of it as I could in)

Other than that... working on the NaNoWriMo thing I mentioned over in serious talk (Up to 27k words! 10 days to write 23k words. Orz) and trying to get as much Nyotengu excitement as possible during her 5x Excitement weekend. And poke at Mass Effect 1 on PC when I have some time. haha... time...

12. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Made it to Chapter 8 of Trails SC. Boy, am I glad walkthroughs are a thing, or I'd miss sooooo much when I go through this chapter especially.

13. MrDetective

MrDetective Member

Finally beat Yunalesca as well. Tedius battle, and Yuna's summon again saved the day. :p
    Jesus... My sleeping routine is kinda messed up right now. XD

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

lololol of course right after I caught Pichu last night, every other encounter was another >_> I swear it was on purpose!!

15. DustyStarr

Anyone else feel like the encounter rates in these Pokemon games are kinda wonky?

16. Ringwraith

As in, how frequent encounters happen or how rarely specific things appear?

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

That's why I need guide :p Sucks that it won't be out till later this week... They always list common/uncommon/rare sightings (and if it changes night/day), so you know what you get into when looking.

18. DustyStarr

Yeah, that is why I want a guide too. X3 But yeah, I meant in how rare some encounters seem... there are actually a LOT of pokemon like say in the back yards of the first city, but because I mostly see the same 1 so many times I would not even had guess and moved on.

Makes me wish this game had that feature in a few games where it showed you every pokemon you could encounter in a route or area (though ones you had not seen before were just ?) so you could know if you have everything before moving on.

19. Ringwraith

That is why they generally try to have very single one in the 'dex get used by at least one trainer somewhere in the world, so it fills it out regardless.

20. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Started my first new Pokemon game since kinda gen 3 (Leaf Green, only because some kid left it at our house).

They sure have beat these games with the wordy stick, haven't they? Definitely feel like I'm walking from cutscene to cutscene, totally different from the old games. Also felt like it took forever to actually get a Pokemon and start doing something.

Apparently this "feature" of wild Pokemon summoning others is a new thing in this game? It's an annoyance just because it drags out battle.

Pokemon selection early on feels sort of poor, doesn't even seem to be many worthwhile ones. Used a Magnemite for a while just because I wanted a second Pokemon and that was something. Got an Abra that should be nice once I get it evolved unless that evolutionary tree has been hella nerfed over the years. And I traded for that Machop and it's been beating ass. It can solo the first trial as soon as you get it, lol.

Trying to play as "hard mode" as I can. Turned off exp share and changed the mode to set instead of shift.