What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Gone all FPS? X3 Back in the day I was a Goldeneeye 64 champ, before it destroyed me. X3 Medal of Honor Frontline and Rising sun were some of my fav games too, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was fun... it's more just going back to my roots. X3 I didn't really get into RPGs until WAY after I got into FPS.

But as close as it is which is awesome I don't think I will be able to go. I have to save money for a family Disneyland trip. :3

2. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Been poking at a few other games, little bit of Imaginators, trying out some games I picked up on Steam, contemplating Mass Effect 1 PC... pretty much avoiding Fatal Frame 5. I think I'd be totally into it, since I'm enjoying the story, characters and improved graphics, and I'd be all over it if it was on any console except the Wii U. Besides the battery only lasting a couple of hours before dying, I'm finding the controls worse than Zero 2 Wii (which is saying something). I really wish Nintendo would Let It Go, and have the series go back to where it began on Xbox and Playstation. The gimmickry just isn't worth it.

3. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Bummer. I guess I'll be the lone representative of the XSeed forum there. Unless theswweeet manages to make it up here somehow.

4. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Finally got to play Criminal Girls 2. In a weak year, chances are high it will be my favorite game this year. So far it resembles a lot the first game.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Played some Pokken tonight. Kept losing a bunch of matches during the Red League, so it's gunna take me a while to get through them. Running on a few hours of sleep too, so I could only play for so long (and already been working on it for over an hour!) Oh well, at least I ranked up a bit. Was hoping to finish the Red League tonight, but whatever.

6. DustyStarr

Losing against the computer in Pokken? Who do you use? This concept is foreign to me. X3

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

In some match ups, the AI goes crazy! Some are perfectly fine, some will shove you to a wall, and not be able to let you move at all. I find that the controls lag a bit, like defending and such. If it worked on queue things would be much smoother! Sceptile user, here.

8. DustyStarr

Need to use Suicune like a real homie yo.

9. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

No one's posted here in a while. SO COOOOOMBO BREAKER. I'm not doing this right.

Root Letter: Went through a route when I had a floater to make sure things were working fine and they were. Other than the weird ending (#3) and some really creepy innuendo, I mostly enjoyed it. Artbook was definitely worth paying a bit more. PQube needs to proofread their localizations. This is a short visual novel, there's no reason why so many errors (including some out of the gate) are making it in. :\

Front Mission: Almost done grinding up the team to max SANE grinding level, two more to go.

Data Hacker Initiation: Playing through the game again with some tweaks and a neat (buggy) dungeon. I think a growth item got locked out somehow though because I've gone through two different particular setups and can't seem to get it this time around (no issues in the original version I played). Apparently I can get this pretty easily in the sequel but my OCD tendencies make me rage I'll never get that in the game. D:

10. DustyStarr

Alien Isolation: I have gotten partway through Mission 16, did some backtracking to use the new tools I have gotten to get collectibles. Though it appears I have missed one or two ID tags somewhere along the way, so unless I scour the entire space station again I will not be getting that trophy, which sucks. X3 Should be getting the one for Norstromo Logs though. I don't want to talk to much about what is happening in the game because spoilers, but things suck a lot right now. X3 Had a REALLY cool section where you get to go through a xenomorph nest, and then there was some more padding. Now there's humans with guns... yay?

11. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

With finding out at the last moment there's been a special event going on in SWTOR since June until the end of November, I've thrown myself into that. Been playing a Sith Assassin, which is a very Darth Maul style. So far, KotFE (previous expansion) is fantastic. It's really nice seeing a story acknowledge that you've become a major force in the universe and fun with it, which pretty much every other MMO fails hard at.

Poking at Mass Effect 1 on PC besides that. Done my special ability achievements working on my Soldier. Annoyed as ever at being unable to make a pretty boy bishoujo toon. Really spoils my fun that guys have to be Ugh doughboy faces.

12. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

It's been two years since i finished it, so i'm replaying Fate/Extra. Made it to the third week but the game sometimes gives me a save failed and its slowing my progress a bit.

13. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Most don't want to try and deal with the weird logical loophole of everyone being the hero of the world. The most common solution of course, is to completely ignore this.
    Final Fantasy XIV goes a fair way to acknowledging your deeds, especially once the 'original' 2.0 wraps up, there's instances where people get shocked about such a hero's involvement in whatever it is they're doing.
    Guild Wars 2 does also end up putting you in a fairly important position, although it only really pays off in the expansion, when you end up taking command because both your boss and the senior heroes of the world are missing. It's a neat touch as they also give your character voiced lines that play (only for you) while in the new maps dealing with the various events happening there, so you have brief conversations with NPCs who recognise who you are just by being around, not having to stop for anything.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Picked at some of Kirby Fighters Deluxe. Already beat it with every job on easy a while ago, and just finished on medium tonight. Started some on hard, and yeah getting to be a challenge now :x I can only play so much of this, so it's a good one to pick at little by little.

15. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I'm playing Wait For World Of Final Fantasy Patch To Download. It's barely over a gig, so why is it taking 20-30 minutes to download? My innanets are way better than that. :(

Earlier I played some Resident Evil 6 online with a friend. We've finished Leon's and Chris's campaign, and now we only have one chapter left in Jake's. It's funny how each mode is different. Chris, aka Murica Mode, is Call of Duty, Leon is closest to actual Resident Evil, and Jake is Uncharted. :p

16. DustyStarr

Is the game actually fun with another person? That is how I hope to play. X3

17. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

The campaign's a muddled mess of nonsense and flashy things and lethal quick time events and makes no sense.
    Underlying combat engine is supposedly really good though.

18. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Back to playing Suikoden II, which I pretty much dropped in a manner indicating that it was hot as soon as Trails of Cold Steel II came out. So yeah, I was lost for about half an hour before figuring out what I was supposed to do (cursed old school JRPGs which are too cool to have an easy way to figure out your current objective if you haven't played in several months).

The game's pace is currently a lot faster than I remember it being when I last left off - maybe because now I'm just in "finish" mode rather than "explore" mode. It's weird, I used to really like exploring the worlds in JRPGs, but now it usually seems too tedious and time-consuming. Either I'm getting old, getting spoiled by the Trails series, or both.

So, it's FNAF World?

19. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

It's been a ton of fun playing with another person. RE6 may not feel like a Resident Evil game, but it's an excellent co-op game.

20. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I'm assuming you're using wireless? Sony's wireless compatibility leaves a lot to be desired. Even if your setup fully supports it, you need a wired connection to not be...slow...