What Anime Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Peytral, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Aggretsuko: We Wish You s Metal Christmas. Cute special between the seasons.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Iroduku: The World in Colors.
    A nice little slice-of-life. I would've prefered a little more closure at the end, but at the same time, I like what they did.\

Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!
    It's funny watching this subbed, since I remember hearing that Pikachu "talks". When he does, all I hear is Sachiko :p Great movie though, after 20 movies, it was one of the best!

3. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

And a couple months later, I am now officially 100% caught up on Raildex (the anime side of things, at least).

My overall verdict... I really enjoy it, but I definitely prefer Railgun to Index. Fortunately, it seems a third season of Railgun is set to premier this year, so I'm hype!

Next anime stop: first I need to finally check out Made in Abyss, then I need to get started on the new season of Mob Psycho.

4. AttentionDeficitGuy

Have now watched Made in Abyss over the course of a pair of binge nights. It kinda crept up on me - after spending so long watching Index and Railgun I'd forgotten that 13 episode seasons, not 24, is the norm for the anime industry nowadays.

Anyways, I enjoyed it quite a lot, easy to see why it was so many people's anime of the year when it released. The music and art were stellar (especially since almost everything looked hand-drawn - not sure if it actually was, but it looked that way), and the show was at its best when it went full horror. And fortunately, the source material is apparently rather short, so I think the upcoming movie might just be the end of the story (that or the movie plus a second season), which will be a real treat in the current climate of anime only seeming to adapt endless ongoing stories.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Aren't the 2 movies just a re-telling of the whole first season? I know there's a Season 2 coming for the show, so I'm guessing that'll wrap up the story.

I finally got to watch the Pokemon: I Choose You! and Everyone's Story/The Power of Us subbed. LOVED them!!! The Pokemon movies started strong with the first few (and not just behind nostalgia), and between the 21 movies, they've been hit-or-miss, with most just re-using the same formula over and over and over. I LOVE how they rebooted Ash's story, and made him slightly different, yet still the same as his original self. Not using whoever his show buddies in the movie really helped too. The new people he meets are interesting, and at the end him and Pikachu just go on their own. I Choose You! Reboots the first several eps of the anime, FINALLY adds Ho-Oh as the headline legendary in a movie, and did a great job in doing it. Everyone's Story had a diverse drama-style with a large main cast, but did very well with how they did it. They broke from the formula, had some excellent art, and now I'm super excited to see the Mewtwo reboot :) I still love that movie, too...

6. AttentionDeficitGuy

For some reason I thought there was gonna be multiple movies Madoka Magica style, one or two compilation films followed by a sequel movie. Ah, well, not complaining - I think another season would be the best way to continue the story, in any case.