What Anime Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Peytral, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Booo my session on Crunchy expired when I got to the gym and I forgot the pass :x Just went to Netflix instead as I tossed Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) on instead. Didn't want to do a short show, but whatever.

Usually not a slice-of-life person unless it's a comedy or has supernatural stuff in it. I feel like it's going to be predictable from what I saw on the first ep. Very pretty animation, though!

2. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Was watching Trigun last night.
    Earlier today, I watched a bit of No Game No Life.
    Now I'm watching The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
    I thought it was humorous when I noticed that both Trigun and NGNL were both done by MadHouse.
    ... then when I started up TGWLTT just now and saw their logo... :O

3. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Jojos bizzare adventure sure is a fucked up story through the first 3 episodes... wow, was that intense, but also bad ass x3

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Finished up Sakamoto desu ga (Haven't You Heard, I'm Sakamoto) and the extra OVA. Great show! A very... unique comedy :p Even the OVA broke the 4th wall and cracked some jokes.

5. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

RUNNING IN THE STYLE OF DARWIN'S EVOLUTIONARY THEORY

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

7. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I've been watching One Punch man recently and I'm about halfway through. It's so stupid, but in a good way. Completely over the top.

It mostly gets better as it goes on. Part 4 in the anime is almost done, and I can safely say this is my favorite one so far. Part 2 is excellent, too.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

9. Theswweet

Theswweet Active Member

I watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (including Endless Eight) recently. The movie - The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - was also great.

Right now I'm going through Serial Experiments Lain. Man that show has a heavy air to it!

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Finished Ixion Saga: DT. Took a while since it was my gym show, and haven't gone in a bit! So this show is newish, but went under the radar and is still unknown, I feel. One of the best anime comedies! The show is so self aware, too. Took me a bit to get some of the jokes. ED I didn't make the connection till later, and DT, I didn't get till the last ep. Bit of a missed reference there... But yeah, a great comedy :p So much otaku satire.

11. lail

lail Well-Known Member

I don't know which part is what. I just recently finished Stardust Crusaders season 2 (?) and that marks the end of jojo for me probably. Since
    Dio is gone

12. SilentThisSide199x

Part 1 is poor orphan becomes vampire and rich guy makes out with him and then they both die

part 2 is a 4chan troll from new york who ends up doing things, even getting a job for a month

part 3 is the angriest teenager in the world traveling to Egypt to fist a gay vampire

part 4 is the hashslinging slasher and every asshole in a small town gains superpowers

Dio's descendants are a huge aspect of Part V and Part VI, Part VI's plot involves a plan entrusted to one of Dio's right-hand men

13. lail

lail Well-Known Member

^I know, but I'm not sure if I can take more of part 3 and early part 4 just for having some bones with hardly no meat thrown at me.

14. SilentThisSide199x

but the town

it's CRAZY

NOISY

AND BIZARRE

(I can't help but feel I still like part 3 the best)

(it might be because of Devo the Cursed)

15. Tiamat

Tiamat Member

well part 5 has dio's son as the main character....
    part 6 has flashbacks of dio...
    and part 7 has alternate universe dio basically. it does have dio though

16. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Part 4 is my favorite because I feel like the series has finally accepted how crazy it is, and it takes full advantage of its ridiculousness. Part 1 takes itself seriously the entire time. Parts 2 and 3 start becoming aware of how ridiculous they are but they still mostly take themselves seriously. Then by the time you get to Part 4 the series is completely self-aware and has fully embraced its silliness, and it's like it's saying, "BEHOLD ME IN ALL MY RIDICULOUS GLORY!!!" XD

It also helps that Part 4 has overall the most creative fights in the series. They've all been genuinely interesting and they all feel different from each other.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Finally watched the StarFox: Zero - The Battle Begins ONA. Nice little short, but it bugged me that only the main characters had the detailed CG animation, while everyone else had plain, regular animation. Besides that, not bad!

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Rakuen Tsuihou (Expelled from Paradise). I wanted to knock out something from my huge Netflix queue and went with this :p So this is one of those "it was good, but it definitely could've been better..." movies. Madoka director guy's script, and there were some interesting ideas in there, as well as really pretty animation... but it just didn't push me to a "really like it" and felt real long to get through, too. Also one of those "I'm good with only watching it once" kind of movies.

19. SilentThisSide199x

I mean,
    IIRC it's mostly funny valentine summoning diego with D4C and the phantom blood riff

20. Tiamat

Tiamat Member

I wasn't watching it when the season started but I'm pretty hooked on Magical Girl Raising Project now