What Anime Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Peytral, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Leilee

Leilee New Member

Still going through the Battle City Arc of Yugioh.
    The fiancee can only tolerate 1-2 episodes at a time whenever I pop it on for us.

We're at the halfway point, got past the point where Yugi receives Slifer. Can't wait to get to the duels with Marik. I always dug his backstory, and can't wait for it to get told again.

Watching Yugioh 5D's also on my own at night. Pretty early in the show, and still shamelessly fangirl over Jack Atlas all day. I watched an episode subbed on Hulu, but seriously, I enjoy the dubbing far more. Dang shame 4Kids cuts random crap from the episodes though.

Plan to pop in the Ys anime and fold laundry today.

2. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I'm surprised to hear that an officially-subbed Yugioh exists at all. It seemed like that would never happen once 4Kids quit making the uncut DVDs of the original series.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

They have officially subbed Digimon too but I'm still sad that dubbed-only sets were put out for both shows :( Someday... I keep telling myself... I would like the empty out all that hardrive space with the real, official thing.

4. Leilee

Leilee New Member

Yah, its a bit weird, but personally prefer dubs typically anyway.
    I feel we just have a lot more variety in our voices than Japanese typically use in their shows. :X

5. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Just got back from the third Madoka movie.

You wanted a nice happy ending? WELL TOO DAMN BAD!

6. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

What else would you expect from Madoka?

Anime spoiler:
    A main character dies in episode 3 of the anime. That's the first of the tragedies.

7. Captain Falcon

Potential movie spoiler:
    But the series itself ended with a good ending,good certainly relative to the series as a whole. But let's just say that Rebellion, uh, went in another direction, to be as vague as possible.

8. KlausRealta

Did the first two movies cover the anime like the Nanoha movies? Is it just Rebellion that's new content?

9. Captain Falcon

The first two movie are just the series basically. Things happen mostly the same way; some things are abridged to allow for time, although I think the movies together are only slightly shorter than the series proper. And I believe there was an extra scene. But yeah, Rebellion is completely new.

10. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I'm halfway through Soul Eater. Recently finished the long story arc where they're fighting beneath the city, which was easily the best part of the series so far. The most recent episode I watched was great: a nice, humorous episode that served as both aftermath to that previous story arc while setting up what comes next.

11. KlausRealta

Finished Sola.

After all of the events that transpired, I'm still fuzzy on everything that happened, but one thing I can say about this is that Sola is easily the best anime I have ever watched. Everything about this anime was perfect, but the story is the best part. The characters are likable and realistic and the story is touching and human, as well as sad.

Even if you don't feel like shedding tears, I strongly suggest everyone to watch this anime. If any anime is perfect, it can only be Sola.

12. KlausRealta

Decided to go ahead and watch Sword Art Online since I at least like the premise and heard that the first half of it was good. Watched the first episode and Aincrad Online seems promising.

13. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

^ Don't keep your expectations too high. :p

But the first story arc is pretty decent the whole way through. It's not until the second half that things fall apart, but even then it's at least entertaining as hell. XD

14. KlausRealta

I've heard about that, but I at least want to watch the first half since I heard that was good. I also kind of want to see how bad the second half is....

15. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Honestly, based on what I've seen so far of the second half, it's completely worth watching. It's the most glorious train wreck I've ever seen. (Bear in mind that I've gotten to the point where the second half is officially a comedy in my eyes.)

16. KlausRealta

Watching more Sword Art Online.

Kirito levels up quickly! From the span of 4 episodes, he's already level 78! I'm not familiar with MMOs, but level 78 seems pretty high!

Didn't expect the girl from episode 3 (forgot her name :p ) to die since she's in the opening, it's kind of sad that it happened, but even worse when Kirito found that item from Nicholas the Renegade...

Huh... I didn't expect Silica to call Kirito her older brother... I thought she would substitute with another title, a title that would explain why her face turns red...

I want to see Asuna again... :(
    Spoke too soon. On episode 5 now.

17. akito666

akito666 New Member

After finishing the 6th episode of SekaTsuyo, I lost interest. I have placed the series on-hold.

18. KlausRealta

Finished the first arc of Sword Art Online. I thought it was pretty good, it was kind of cliche and it was by no means the best anime I've ever watched (Sola, Nanoha, Index and Haruhi easily trump that), but it still was good.

Watched the opening of the second arc since I wanted to make sure that I finished the SAO arc and it seems slightly promising, but considering something I noticed and knew about and considering all I heard, I know it will be much much worse.

Um... why does Kirito's sister seem to replace Asuna? They're cousins! Is Kirito replacing his existing relationship with Asuna for an incestual one with his sister?!

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ok I just finished the second half of Madoka. Holy crap so much I was NOT expecting!! I can't wait to check out the movies and see how they change the ending. Looks like there's a new character introduced to, judging by the promo pics.

Still, this show was purposely decieving and I knew prior that there was more than brightly coloured fluffy pink tutu girls, but what bugged ME was
    wondering when Madoka would sign the contract and transform... Got to the point where I realized that it wouldn't be revealed at the end, but the whole her being a magic girl prior-time travel stuff... Blew my mind! Too bad, I wish she would've had more air time in her cute outfit :/ The blu ray covers too are so deceitful too, making you think she transforms on the first ep, like most magical girl series do.

20. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Based on what I've seen so far, it's the other way around. Kirito's cousin is the one who has feelings for Kirito.