What Anime Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Peytral, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I'm very much looking forward to Simone's transition into a total badass. It may be cliche, but wimp to badass is one of the best character arcs a story can have (when it's done well, of course).

2. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Just watched some more Pandora Hearts. Interested to learn more about Oz's backstory since he's the only main character to learn the backstory of. So far I'm really liking it, an interesting story for sure.

3. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

I just finished watching the Japanese dub of Wolf Children on YouTube

I think Funimation picked a good one to bring over though I wish Sentai Filmworks could have got it because they do an excellent job on their English dubs

4. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I am behind on most of the anime I've been watching. The only series at this point that I'm not is Hunter x Hunter.

5. KlausRealta

Just watched Little Busters! ~Refrain~ episode 6.... :(

6. Irueru

Irueru New Member

[font=Helvetica Neue']Only Doki Doki Precure so far. Well, that and local Sunday Morning anime (Doraemon, Pokemon BW, stuffs like those).[/font]

7. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I can't think of anything in particular I really want to play today....so...I guess I'll just watch a few episodes of Lucky Star.

8. KlausRealta

I really can't get into that anime. I usually don't drop anime (aside from the big ones that I used to watch on Toonami), but I don't get a lot of the references in Lucky Star and why it's so great.

9. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

A lot of it is observational humor that'd be kind of tough to get if you haven't at least been to Japan. I'd describe it as Azumanga Daioh for nerds.

10. KlausRealta

Watched more Pandora Hearts. I like how I'm at episode 19 out of 25, yet the anime does not feel as if it's ending yet. Really liking this anime as a whole so far... it almost makes me want to get into the manga of it... almost...

11. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

The train wreck in Sword Art Online is even more glorious than I thought it could be. XDXDXD And I'm only one episode into it.

12. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

In Fist of the North Star, Ken stuffed a guy into a cannon and shot him at a hot air balloon in order to bring it down from the sky. It was amazing!

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Like I said, I still want to grab the LEs as blind boxes and know what I'm getting myself into, but WHY is there such a hardcore fanbase? I know they argue and say how the light novels like BARELY came before .hack (although I'm sure the .hack media conglomerate planning took YEARS prior), but is it just for new anime kiddies that don't watch much 'old' stuff and think it's something new and amazing or something? Seriously, I wanna know!

14. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I can definitely understand why people like SAO, but I don't get why some of the fans are as into it as they are. The first half of the anime is entertaining, and it kept me interested throughout (except the way it ended was pretty damn stupid). The second half is where it completely falls apart, and from what I can tell even the diehard SAO fans admit the second half is awful. I'm only two episodes into the new story arc (been watching on Toonami), but the first episode was more than enough to let me know that everything's gone to poop. I was laughing out loud on multiple occasions during that first episode of the second half, and the series has officially turned into a comedy in my eyes.

15. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Sword Art Online: Cousin falling for someone she seems to think isn't her cousin, but it really is so she's not actually falling for a new person. Creepy Fuckface has become even creepier.

This arc is amazing.

16. KlausRealta

I finished watching Pandora Hearts. The ending was terrible and now it makes me want to buy the manga since it goes past what the anime did. Overall, I enjoyed it as an anime, but I don't like how much it leaves out, but I suppose that's the fate of anime adaptations since anime are so expensive to make.

Well... I'm looking forward to watching Sola, which the next anime I'm going to watch, but I'm probably not going to start it today.

17. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Glancing over and seeing this thread reminds me it's been a long while since I actually watched an anime series.
    Closest I can get is watching all of RWBY recently because I got sucked into listening to its awesome music for days by stumbling across a link to this, then later realising it had a full version. Clearly the only escape was to watch the entire series. (I'm won over by music far too easily).
    I enjoyed its style of silliness and humour rather a lot. Something that could be really good given time, so I hope its first run becomes its trial run.

18. conurebleu

conurebleu New Member

Chronicles of Lodoss war in French. Amazingly enough....It's ''watchable'' in french. It has a certain charm. Normally I couldn't bear watching something fantasy-related in French.

19. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

Attack on Titan Episode 5: What...how...I thought...but he's...

20. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Lol, one of my favorites was when he beat the crap out of a tank.