What Anime Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Peytral, Oct 26, 2013.

1. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

I watched an episode of it. I'm a huge fan of the Genshiken manga, but I can never seem to get into the anime. The pacing always feels weird to me. In the older anime it felt like they slowed it down way too much (and then skipped the finale arc of the original run), and the first episode of the newer season felt way too fast-paced and hyper to me! I've heard really good things about it though, I've heard that it's different in some areas but not in a "worse" way, so I definitely plan to watch the whole thing now that it's fully aired. Especially since waiting over a month for each new chapter of the manga sucks...

2. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

For the time being, nothing else, but I'm thinking of watching Kill a Kill.

3. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I'm only watching Kill la Kill this season.

4. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

It started off kinda weird, but it started picking up toward the end. I think the last episode for this season of it was Madarame's confession to Kasukabe. Dem feels!

Also, just watched the first 3 episodes of Blazblue Alter Memory. I like that they're pretty much just sticking to animating the game's story. Like it so far, but it still needs to introduce some of the other characters like Tager and Bang. Nice thing to have to watch while I wait for Chrono Phantasma to release stateside.

5. Savin877

Savin877 New Member

I am currently watching nothing. Yeah.

Still need to catch up on Attack on Titan. Haven't seen any since like the 10th episode.

6. Peytral

Peytral New Member

Kill la Kill's worth picking up. I'm usually averse to the overhyped flavor of the season but I'm enjoying KlK a lot.

Can't say the same about this one, though.

7. akito666

akito666 New Member

Still haven't finished watching last season and the seasons before it.

This season, I will be watching these animes:

1) Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - 7.5/10 (dropped)
    2) BlazBlue: Alter Memory - 8/10 (dropped)
    3) Coppelion - 5/10 (dropped)
    4) Freezing Vibration - 8/10
    5) IS: Infinite Stratos 2 - 8/10
    6) Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai - 8/10
    7) Miss Monochrome - 8/10 (dropped)
    8 ) Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! - 7.5/10
    9) Strike the Blood - 8/10
    10) Tokyo Ravens - 8.5/10
    11) Walkure Romanze - 7.5/10
    12) White Album 2 - 9/10 (new 5th favorite)
    13) Yuushibu - 7/10

Updated as of Oct. 24, 2013.

8. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

My friends and I recently started splitting a Crunchyroll membership and I love it. I've been watching Fist of the North Star, Gurren Lagann, and Gintama on there, and I plan on watching Attack On Titan soon.

I recently watched Episode 8 of Gurren Lagann. :(

Also been watching Gundam Build Fighters with a friend. It's stupidly entertaining.

9. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Watching Little Busters ~Refrain~.
    Not sure if I like it as much as the first season since its only 4 episodes in, but something about it makes me enjoy it a lot more than something like Haruhi. If you like slice of life anime or a fan of Key's works (Clannad, Angel Beats) and happened to miss LB, I suggest watching it.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Did you hear they were doing manga soon too?? I think it's a step in the right direction, like what Viz is doing with Shonen Jump. I wonder if they will have combined memberships?

11. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

You've got Gintama on there to balance out the feels from that episode, so you should be good....unless you happen to simultaneously hit one of the Gintama story arcs....haha

12. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Okay, actually started watching Kill la Kill. I F'in love the anime. It's funny and full of action. My kind of anime.=3

13. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

This is the first I've heard of that. It would be great if manga is combined with the anime memberships.

I'm only four episodes into Gintama so far, so it's still completely ridiculous right now. :p

14. Deejilator

Deejilator New Member

Currently I'm only in the middle of The Knight in the Arena, I randomly found this on Crunchyroll one day as was all "I like soccer so why not", not too far into it yet but it's pretty good so far. I'm also watching RWBY, the new series from Monty Oum and the crew at Rooster Teeth, I rly like Monty's fight coreography so I'm enjoying the show for the most part. I didn't want to watch any show when it was rly ongoing so I'm about a season and a half behind but I plan to watch the new season fo TWGOK and Bakemonogatari and finish up Attack on Titan. As for this season all I'm looking at right now is Kill la Kill but I'm sure there is plenty other shows I just haven't seen yet since I haven't rly looked too hard. XD

Edit: Oh yeah I also plan on finishing up Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

15. Leilee

Leilee New Member

For now, watching on Hulu the battle city arc of the original Yugioh. Kaiba has just announced the Battle City tournament!

Skipped Duelist Kingdom because I actually watched it earlier this year and wasn't in the mood to go through it again.

Probably gunna watch Ys anime during the day while my fiancee is at work. :p

16. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I found the Ys anime to be surprisingly good, especially the Ys II portion.

17. Luma

Luma Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, I always feel like Gintama takes a down turn when the stories extend into 3+ episodes, I usually don't get feels from those :< I don't know how it is later though, I've only seen up to about ~70.

Lots of interesting looking stuff this season, but I'm kinda lazy and lacking in time to see them. At least want to make an effort to keep up with Samurai Flamenco and Non Non Biyori

18. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I'm an unapologetic Gintama diehard, so I might have a tendency to exaggerate some things, haha.

19. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I feel like it's going to end up high on my list of all time favorite anime.

20. Peytral

Peytral New Member

New Build Fighters episode was p good. Shame Kirara turned out to be one of those types of characters, though.