What Anime Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Anime/Movies Discussion' started by Peytral, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Peytral

Peytral New Member

I made the last one of these... I think. So I might as well make the one here too. Doubt I need to explain since it's pretty self-explanatory, but I think this does good to serve as the general light, non-spoilery anime discussion topic as well.

This season I'm watching:

Dokidoki Precure (Carry-over from seasons ago; still a pretty great show)
    Galilei Donna (Still waiting to see how it turns out, but it's fun so far)
    Gundam Build Fighters (Also pretty fun, and the fight choreography and soundtrack are fantastic)
    Infinite Stratos 2 (Why the hell am I still watching this)
    Kamen Rider Gaim (not anime but whatever)
    Valvrave Season 2 (Why am I still watching this 2: Electric Boogaloo)
    Kill la Kill (Better than I expected it to be; a pretty fun ride so far)
    Samurai Flamenco (Concept of the season; nothing like watching a manchild try to spread JUSTICE because of children's shows)

Also watching Patlabor, Futari wa Precure, and Kamen Rider Kuuga on the side, even though I'm going really slowly on all of them.

2. ChestnutBowl

ChestnutBowl New Member

Gundam Build Fighters: better than I expected. I'm not a huge fan of non-UC Gundam shows, to be honest, but this has been a pleasant surprise. Perhaps it's because GBF is a kids anime through and through.
    MLP Tomodatchi wa Mahou: Not anime, but the only show I really keep up with at the moment just to hear the Japanese dub.

3. virtualdesire

virtualdesire Nightmare Doll Lady

i am only watching 2 animes 1. detective conan 2. the world god only knows :)

4. Peytral

Peytral New Member

Well, the protagonist suit aside, GBF is mostly UC pandering anyways.

5. Leilee

Leilee New Member

JUST finished yesterday watching Yugioh Season 0 (aka the stuff before it became purely about card games). It was an awesome ride, even if it wasn't exactly the same as the manga issues I read years ago.
    Planning to watch on my DVD's the Ys anime, Castle of Druaga, or Cyborg 009 next. :]

6. sorenman1

sorenman1 New Member

Pokemon XY (Wondering how Ash and Serena? meet?)
    Infinite Stratos 2 (I like the Prez)
    Strike the Blood
    Tokyo Ravens
    their is a few more, but I can recall them.

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Not much, been busy :/
    Mostly just catching up with Neptune and Rozen Maiden (2013).

8. shymel

shymel New Member

Right now I'm watching:
    Diabolik Lovers (only watching for complteion)
    Gatchaman Crowds
    Golden Time
    2nd season of Kuroko's Basket
    2nd season of Magi
    Meganebu!
    Dear Brother
    Samurai Flamenco
    Gurren Lagann

9. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Right now, I'm watching:

Hunter x Hunter 2011 (started early this year and have been keeping up ever since)
    Valvrave S2 (the season started off... interesting)
    BlazBlue: Alter Memory (I swear, it feels like an excuse to cram in as many leitmotifs as possible)
    Kill La Kill (this show is freakin' amazing. But I guess I should not expect any less from the people that brought us Gurren Lagann).

10. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I finally watched Attack on Titan while the forums were down. Its interesting, but definitely a tad bit overhyped in my opinion.

I also finally caught the second season of Oreimo...I'm now a Kirino hater.

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I only watched 1 ep of Attack on Titan, but will watch through after the semester is over. Just from that ep, you can see why it's the next biggest shonen series. Almost feels like it came out of nowhere, then it's suddenly everywhere!
    Heh, I even had a dream last night that I was fighting titans, although in a present-day setting. They've really established an interesting concept (and weapon designs!)

12. SirPaper

SirPaper Renegade of Funk

Yowapeda
    Diabolik Lovers
    Unbreakable Machine Doll
    Non Non Biyori
    Tokyo Ravens
    Miss Monochrome the Animation
    Beyond the Boundary
    Nagi no Asukara
    Kill la Kill
    Infinite Stratos 2
    Strike the Blood
    So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job
    Log Horizon
    Little Busters! Refrain
    Outbreak Company
    Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
    Wanna be the Strongest in the World
    Walkure Romanze

Falling behind on and need to catch up again:
    Arpeggio of Blue Steel
    Golden Time

Haven't started yet:
    Samurai Flamenco (not sure if I will)
    Valvrave the Liberator 2

So many good shows this season. :eek:

13. Nibble

Nibble New Member

Gingitsune
    Samurai Flamenco
    Galilei Donna
    Golden Time
    Non Non Biyori
    Kyoukai no Kanata
    Nagi no Asukara
    Kill la Kill

This season is pretty neat.

14. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I do have a few more shows that I haven't actually started that I've added to my Crunchyroll instant queue that I may start up.

15. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

I started Rave Master just a few days ago! For those of you who don't know, Rave Master (or The Groove Adventure Rave as it was called in Japan) was a manga written by Hiro Mashima, the same guy who writes Fairy Tail. It's a lot of fun, sorta this hero's quest/adventure type of anime. I'm also watching the second season of Magi as it comes (I adored the first season, so glad it got a second!).

16. PrinceofIris

PrinceofIris Member

Started watching Mawaru Penguindrum last week or so, but not much of it. Not sure what I'll end up doing with it because I don't have a lot of interest in it. If all else fails, I may look into watching Nagi no Asukara, which I've had my eye on for a while.

17. AdmiralMuffin18

AdmiralMuffin18 New Member

I'm watching a lot this season:

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Big fan of the manga but ugh the CG animation. Oh well I'm getting used to it anyway.

Galilei Donna - What a fun show. And this is from the same dude who directed Mezzo Forte and Kite.

Gundam Build Fighters - I never doubted this show. I was excited starting from day one because I already know what to expect since I watched the Gunpla Builders OVA. It's a fun and fresh new take on the series. Lots of fan-service and can be a little meta sometimes. An absolute blast.

Valvrave season 2 - Still a train wreck but still entertaining so I'm not complaining.

Kill la Kill - Old school Gainax goodness made by a company that's not really Gainax but they used to work for Gainax so I guess it's still...Gainax.

Kyoukai no Kanata - Finally a Kyoani show that's actually interesting. It's been a while.

Outbreak Company - I'm watching this for the cute elfu maido.

Nagi no Asakura - Typical Kuroda melodrama. I love Kuroda melodrama. Hell, I'm still obsessed with the Please series.

Log Horizon - Enjoying it more than SAO because it's more...fun and light-hearted. No OP Marty Stu and they actually incorporate MMO elements. Also dat Akatsuki.

Non Non Biyori - I love the manga and I love the anime now too.

Gingitsune - Heart-warming and relaxing. Too bad this might be one of the underrated shows for this season.

Golden Time - Decent romcom from the creator of Toradora.

NouCome - My guilty pleasure for this season

Yuushibu - Another guilty pleasure but I'm thinking of dropping it

18. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

It doesn't cover very far into the manga before its run ended though. I remember it was one of the first manga where I bought each book.

19. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Yeah, one of my friends just told me about that the other day. Not discouraged, though - I'm gonna keep on to the end, and then see if I can't pick up the manga where the anime leaves off! I ISSUE YOU THIS CHALLENGE, MASHIMA-SAN! I SAY THAT I WILL FINISH THE RAVE MASTER ANIME AND MANGA BEFORE THE RETURN OF THE FAIRY TAIL ANIME! YOUR MOVE!

20. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I'm not the only one who watched Genshiken Second Season, am I? (even if its technically the 3rd season)

I still can't get over that they changed Madarame's voice actor.