Video Game Sales

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

I buy if it is something I want to play ASAP, but it is rare, and most of the time games I want to play ASAP also have limited editions, so...

As for the rest, I mostly buy later not only because of the price, but backlog is big. If it is something nice, I buy day 1 to show support, Like Touhou Scarlet Curiosity (not that it helped anyway)

2. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

You know what's the worst thing about sales in general though? How it increases our backlogs of games to the point that there's a possibility that we might forget about some of these games so we never play them. It's as if we wasted our money and just bought it because it was dirt cheap or something.

3. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

I believe that's how steam makes most of their money. I know I've got a tonne of old school games on GOG I'll probably die before I get a chance to play :p

4. lail

lail Well-Known Member

I have never bought anything from PSN. How does it work? Can you do the purchase on PC or do you have to use Vita/PS3/4?

5. Leon Tekashi

Well first, you have to add funds to your PSN wallet via PSN cards or credit/debit card. Afterwards, go shopping, add stuff to your cart, and then buy them. You can purchase your stuff either on PC or any other device that allows you to get on PSN.

6. lail

lail Well-Known Member

And let me guess, credit card only works if it is same region as the PSN? So I would need to get cards? What would be best place to buy cards (jpy) then?

7. Leon Tekashi

I'm not sure about the former but maybe? As for by PSN cards for Japan, I know you can get them on Play-Asia and Amazon. Not sure where else.

8. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Yeah I mainly make my PSN purchases through the app on my iPhone nowadays. For the most part, I'm finding it faster and easier than doing it through a console.

9. Leon Tekashi

Well, in the end of the day, it depends on the person and their preference in which what's convenient for them.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Lol I got Cho Aniki Zero from the sale.

11. commodorewheeler

Of course. The main thing that makes the phone app more convenient for me is that I can buy stuff for all 4 consoles in the same storefront, instead of logging into the store on 2 or 3 different consoles to get everything I need.

12. Leon Tekashi

Very true. I do use the PSN store via my smartphone from time to time and I can see how convenient it is.

13. tilinelson2

I usually use the store on PC or smartphone because it is easier to look what I want.

14. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

PC preferred for me. Of course, there's a bit of tricksiness with buying some things on the PC for the PS4 side especially with some of the DLC, as once you buy it you'll get the option to download, but when you click it, it hangs on the spinning circle since the DLC is already on the disk and it's just giving the activation ok to your profile.

I'm looking at you Persona 5!

15. tilinelson2

16. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  17. tilinelson2

Despite having half of the offerings, it is still great.

18. commodorewheeler

19. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Interested. I've personally never dove too deep into the VN stuff, but if you recommend it so highly it may be worth a shot!

20. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017