Video Game Sales

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

Captain Toad was definitely an underrated game, yeah. I got it on launch day since I didn't have much to play on my Wii U at the time.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

What kind of game is it? I've never figured that out after all these years.

3. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Puzzle platformer. If you played Mario 3D World they took the concept of the Captain Toad levels there and expanded it out into a larger game.

4. commodorewheeler

Is there a storyline? I like puzzle platformers when there is a story behind it. Like Inside and Limbo, I loved both of those games.

5. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Not really behind. Like there is what could remotely called a plot, but it exists only in like a few little unvoiced scenes and is just an excuse for the characters to be READY FOR ADVENTURE. I would not say it really needs it though, it's just a fun puzzle platformer broken up into small sized levels (that do have multiple objectives to go for usually), and for 10 dollars it's a very polished game in the genre it is. I would rate it as one of my favorite Wii U exclusives if you just want something fun and easy to pick up and put down (but like we talked about last time we met I enjoy pick up and put down games).

6. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

7. joakkar

joakkar Member

I wanted to buy that and even made an account but pcgamesupply decided to not offer paypal as a payment option for some reason.

8. tilinelson2

You can use it if you access the https://mobile.pcgamesupply.com/ version (dunno why, but works).

9. joakkar

joakkar Member

oh ok that worked now. Thanks /o/. That was a good way to spend the remains of my paypal balance.

10. tilinelson2

Huge Japanese sale on PSN.

11. commodorewheeler

Some good deals too. I bought 7 games and still spent less than $35.

12. tilinelson2

You are lucky that all the games under $10 don't appear as "purchased" in your account. But I believe I will get 4 or 5 games for a bit more than $50, and it is fine as well.

13. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

Lots that I'm interested in, nice that they're both new and really old. Pity all my money this week is going towards convention stuff ><

14. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

Ugh... This sale is going to hurt me slightly. Need to think things over before buying stuff.

15. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I need to stop buying things on launch day. I own everything I'm interested in, even on this sale. >.<

16. Leon Tekashi

Well... By doing that, that would save you a lot of money, but aren't you happy that the money you spent went to the developers you support?

17. commodorewheeler

I can tell you that I don't buy anything digital on launch day unless it's a Falcom game.

18. Akeashar

Akeashar Active Member

I only buy digital day one if I really want to play it cuz avoiding spoilers. Which has been RE7 and ME: Andromeda this year so far. Well... 1 out of 2 ain't bad!

19. Leon Tekashi

The only time I buy digital is if either:
    1. Getting a physical copy is hard or impossible.
    2. The digital copy is a lot cheaper than the physical copy.

20. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I mostly buy on launch day since I purchase physical due to the prime discount. Just when these great sales do roll around that would justify purchasing them digitally I've already played them. xD