Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (Psvita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by videoman, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

It's their loss in the end, even if it's stupid. You shouldn't let stuff like that bother you from enjoying a game that's localized.

2. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

That is GameFAQS' Vita board in a nut shell.

...I really should get away from that site.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I've been reading lots of lame "XSEED hates Vita-only titles!". Uh huh, that's great that these speculations come from absolutely NOWHERE :/ Yeah, that's totally why they passed on this, not because they ya know, have a ton of games -_-

You really can't win :/

4. Tiamat

Tiamat Member

I'm just happy the game is coming out. No reason to complain. Now if NIS America had picked it up that would be one thing but it sounds like PQube will do a good job lol.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  5. Nardy

Nardy New Member

You know, if they also pick up Net High (which is really likely now), I'll completely agree with the people who are saying that PQube is the new XSEED at the time when XSEED has suddenly become a company that mostly only cares about port-spamming and placing the safest bets. It's kinda sad seeing another one of those "bigger success demands more guaranteed profits in the future" stories. PQube, on the other hand, are actively localizing the most surprising and risky (not in the ecchi sense) stuff for which I'm very grateful and don't really get any hate they may be receiving.
    And considering the very persistent rumors that XSEED has also abruptly ended any support of the vita exclusive games, we should thank god for companies like Aksys and PQube with double vigor.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

PQube announces 2 ecchi games and suddenly they are the "new XSEED" by some. XSEED has always published a bunch of random stuff, though. I think everyone's just jumping to conclusions on everything, especially the Vita thing :/

UltraKyu likes this.
  7. Leon Tekashi

Seems that way. It's sad watching this happen.

UltraKyu likes this.
  8. Nardy

Nardy New Member

Root Letter, steins gate 0, Gal Gun, valkyrie drive, very likely God wars, Net High, Uppers and more to come. Would be even more interesting if they also got TX but oh well.
    New xseed is a stretch for now of course and maybe they [XSEED] are just having one disappointing year, but you get the idea. No reason to be sad watching a new company to step up and localize the niche games when the other one is not what it used to be.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Those are good games. XSEED also has other games that people like coming out. Why is there even a "favorites" game going? Can't we all be happy that we are simply getting A LOT of games this year and next, no matter *who* is doing it? Some people are actually looking forward to Trails games and such.

I don't get why people need to even make this a negative thing...

10. Nardy

Nardy New Member

It's not a favorites game or a negative thing in itself, people are just disappointed in the new XSEED policy. When you talk about VD you should understand that there is really not that much text in that game. So it's pretty obvious that "we are too busy" excuse in the usual sense doesn't really fly. They ARE busy but in a sense that marvellous can't be bothered to make a ps4 or pc port right now. So in the end they decided to give the game to the less demanding and more niche-friendly PQube instead of XSEED who is actively utilising the new "we want more money" concept.
    But at the end of the day you are right of course. Thanks to Aksys and PQube, we are not really losing much of anything if at all, and xseed are still localizing... well, the games they are localizing. And I do expect Trails 2 at least.

11. Leon Tekashi

The real question is, will PQube continue to localize more risque games after VD?

12. Nardy

Nardy New Member

If Gal Gun and VD don't flop horribly then I don't see why not.

13. Tiamat

Tiamat Member

I'm not very intersted in Gal Gun but I'm definitely getting this game.

14. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

"Port-spamming and placing the safest bets"? What about Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity? Xanadu Next? Trails of Cold Steel II and Trails in the Sky the 3rd? Akiba's Beat? Fate/Extella? Exile's End? Freakin' SHANTAE?! (OK, so Shantae *is* kinda a safe bet, but I mean, come on, how could we NOT publish Shantae? And what about ANY of those other games constitutes a "safe bet"?)

We currently have one of our best lineups we've ever had since I joined XSEED six years ago, as far as I'm concerned. I'm sorry if the games we're offering for 2016 don't interest you personally, but there's far from a lack of variety here, far from an overabundance of ports, and far from a lack of anything good to play. We've got a little something for everybody here.

Terro messaged me with some of these concerns, so I figured I'd pop in and help assuage them. We have not "changed our policies." We haven't actually done anything differently than ever before. We always choose our offerings very carefully, and we always try to offer the best content possible. Sometimes, other publishers get games that one might typically consider to be "sure things for XSEED," and when that happens, we wish them all the best, and strongly encourage you to buy their products. We're not competing with PQube or Aksys or Mastiff or anyone else -- they're our colleagues, and their good fortune is the industry's good fortune. We also haven't given up on Vita, given up on risque gaming, given up on Falcom, OR given up on Marvelous first-party titles. Far from it.

We're just random and unpredictable. Just when you think you have us pegged down... BAM. We come out of left field with something new.

That's just how we roll, yo. ;)

But sooner or later, we'll release something else you're interested in. It's pretty much inevitable! Just keep watching our lineup -- it's a-comin' round the mountain when it comes.

-Tom

UltraKyu, Kresnik and Leon Tekashi like this.
  15. Leon Tekashi

Thank you for clearing that up, Tom.

16. Nardy

Nardy New Member

It was hard to expect another answer. Well, I sure hope the future will prove me wrong.

17. Battlechili

Battlechili Member

I actually quite like that XSeed is open to game ports. PQube is cool and I'm glad they're in the industry but they haven't released as many games I like as XSeed and don't seem to port anything to PC (I love PC ports) which makes them the lesser of two companies in my book. So uh...If XSeed ever DOES want to port-spam, please do. I'd love it.
    Not sure why people compare these companies though, nor do I understand why people act as if XSeed just HAD to pick up this game. XSeed can't publish EVERY game after all, and even if Valkyrie Drive seemed like something XSeed would pick up I don't mind that they didn't. Still plenty of cool stuff coming from XSeed, and I've never seen any company besides XSeed release titles as niche as Fragile Dreams, Solatorobo, and most recently, Return to Poplocrois. Fairly certain if it wasn't for them, those titles would've never come over.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  18. MouMouMou

MouMouMou New Member

I hope there are story about Mirei and Mamori in Bhikkuni island. In DLC story or maybe anime or manga or whatever...

19. Nardy

Nardy New Member

Port-spamming is useless for the vast majority of fans but "consuming" for any company plus when you look at the games they "should have usually done but suddenly passed on" (LA infinity, Net High, Valkyrie Drive, Uppers, Tokyo Xanadu etc) you can see an obvious pattern with them all being vita exclusive in Japan. Then people look at the current line-up and hence create the two of the most popular "accusations". But as I've already said: maybe xseed will shut everyone up next year, who knows, I can only hope.

20. Kresnik

Kresnik New Member

I can understand the frustrations. I feel like there was a big lineup of Vita-exclusive stuff that seemed like a perfect fit for XSEED, and sure some of it will have to be skipped because they've got a tonne on their plate, but seeing all of it be skipped seems a bit like a business decision had been made rather than just a "we're random and it's just pure chance that we skipped all 4 of these things".

Having now seen Aksys picking up Tokyo Xanadu and PQube picking up Valkyrie Drive, I'm less bothered. As long as the games are coming, I really don't mind who picks them up (and if someone picks up Net High in the coming months and Uppers down the line, then that's literally everything I was interested in which I thought was an XSEED-fit anyway, aside from Ys which I'm assuming they'll go after). XSEED are still present on Vita and I'll probably be picking up Akiba's Beat and Shantae myself.

I think as the Vita reaches its twilight years in both the East and the West there's a bit more to be worried about when you don't hear word straight away, but I'm still happy that XSEED have supported Vita as well as they have (Ys; Akiba's Trip; Trails & EDF have been an integral part of my love of the console) and I'm hopeful there's still a few more years of passion left for the console from them, even if it's not from exclusives (which may simply come from the fact that fewer and fewer Vita-only games release in Japan).