Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (Psvita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by videoman, Mar 21, 2015.

1. videoman

videoman Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This game is part of the mixed media project for Valkyrie Drive this is for the PSVita version of the mixed media project.

Trailer https://www.youtube....h?v=KoLnEWUP71s

2. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I approve of this

3. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Xseed please localize or I will perform Sudoku live on camera. I'm not very good at it.

4. Doogle85

Doogle85 New Member

Dear Xseed i JUST created account for this reason plus more THIS is the Game i want along side with many others people in US/EU also want this juicy of awesome Game!~ you did senran kagura? why can't you do this one? you can do it! plus it looks very interesting have partner girls turn into weapons for main characters to use in combat? AND its done by same people that did senran kagura! its MUST HAVE DAY ONE!

5. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

The yuri is strong with this one. Since it's produced by Takaki I expect it will have good gameplay as well.

How about it, Xseed?

6. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

How can a yuri game go wrong?

But seriously, there's 0 chance this game is being localized. I did find the whole every character's boobs bouncing kind of amusing in that so very wrong it's right kind of way.

7. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

And also, are the two purple haired girls sisters, or something? I recall someone saying that one of the two "couples" making out were sisters, and incest is another one of those things we're prudish about. But who knows.

Then again, XSEED's been going on a bit of a Marvelous localizing spree since they merged, fan service games included, and there's apparently a chance at Moero Chronicles getting localized. Not saying this is a sure thing, but I could see it happening.

Still placing my money on "no", though.

8. akito666

akito666 New Member

This game suggestion is great too!!! I support this.

9. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I have no opinions on the game until I see some sort gameplay, but... I am oddly intrigued by the girls turning into weapons. I dunno, just reminds me of Skyword Sowrd, seems like it would relationships... interesting.

Still, I don't see it being too hard for XSEED to localize. They've been releasing progressively... fanservicey games like this recently. What does this game have that Senran Kagura doesn't?

I guess incest could be something, if that really is the case... if it really is incest. Seems a bit hard to say though.

Why am I defending this.

10. Ammy175

Well, I'm most definitely no expert on Japanese names, but Kagurazaka gives off a last name vibe to me, and considering they have similar first names and look kinda similar, I'm inclined to agree with whoever I heard mentioned them being sisters.

But, you know, I could always be wrong, as I've literally only heard that from one person. Not like I've really read up much on this game, but still.

Yuri is love, yuri is life.

*shot*

11. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

This manages to be even more blatant and ridiculous than Senran Kagura.

XSEED is totally going to localize it. Despite previous comments.

12. Ammy175

All that claims is that XSEED won't decide whether or not to release a title purely because of it having fanservice. We don't know anything about the quality of the game as of yet, meaning it might actually be "good".

Of course, I don't hear much praise (or much of anything, really) about the Valhalla Knights games, and I was personally a bit disappointed with Senran Kagura Burst and Shinovi Versus, but quality is a subjective thing (hence the quotation marks).

13. Chaosblade77

That's Tom's comment, the original Facebook response even considers SK an "exception."

Either way it's contrary. Just because a game isn't terrible doesn't mean it isn't a "fanservice game."

14. Ammy175

Ultimately, though, it's what they're going to have to say in response if/when that's pointed out to them, unless they want to be considered liars. Since, Tom's a member of XSEED, so I don't think his commentary should be immediately dismissed.

15. Chaosblade77

Somebody ends up being wrong/"lying" regardless. You have one person responding on Facebook saying no more, and someone else responding saying otherwise. Throwing in the "the game(s) actually have good story/gameplay/whatever" doesn't really change the fact the original comment that "we won't localize more fanservice games" would be wrong.

And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with XSEED localizing these games (assuming they don't mind that being part of their company's image) or people playing them. I just think it was a misstep to give a specific response like "none," at least not without a qualifier.

Onechanbara arguably already goes against that statement.

16. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Unfortunately, I look at that as more of a one employee said this and another employee said that sort of deal. The original response was very clearly meant to be a line in the sand, no heavy fanservice games period (after Senran Kagura). However, the problem with that is, much like Tom said, that sometimes a game can be very good despite a heavy fanservice component. The thing is that's kind of where the market's going right now in Japan due in no small part to the economy, so, from a practical perspective, closing the door on a game simply because of fanservice can be a bad call if that means a very good game isn't localized because of it.

And yes, Onechanbara is absolutely a heavy fanservice game that contradicts that earlier comment.

17. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Fanservice and yuri aside, this does look epic. I'm sure Takaki can make the gameplay pretty good imo.

18. Doogle85

Doogle85 New Member

well chances are high since its from Marvelous so xseed might look into there games first HOPEFULLY there's a staff member will be like " that's pretty cool! lets do it!" plus i am pretty sure Xseed doesn't want miss chance to get awesome game out in U.S/EU hands!~

19. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Not localizing a game because of that would be pretty arrogant anyway. Let the players decide what's good or not, if they want it and you can get it then whoevers personal opinion at xseed on it doesn't matter. But I pretty much consider that a throwaway statement anyway after some of the stuff they've already localized. Hell at this point they basically have a reputation of fighing the prudes.

Anyway I don't see why this couldn't be brought over at some point. Having an anime to boost popularity of the series in the West is always a plus (assuming it doesn't cause licensing issues which I don't think it will in this case).

20. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

I think it all boils down to how exactly is Marvelous Japan x Marvelous USA relationship nowadays. I don't know how independent Marvelous USA is to decide about Marvelous games, Maybe it is not even on their cards.

Not knowing anything about the game, I just hope it is better than Senran Kagura.