Uppers (Psvita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by videoman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. videoman

videoman Member

2. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Coming from Marvelous I guess chances are high that Xseed brings this to us, also I wonder how many games is he producing at the same time? I mean Mr Takaki is releasing like two games just now and Senran Kagura previous instalment just some months ago, does he ever sleep?

3. Kresnik2

Kresnik2 New Member

Kenka Bancho but not? Sign me up. Always found it crazy that we didn't get more of this series in the west. I have great hopes for this, I loved Badass Rumble.

And being an internal Marvelous title there's the slightest hope this might come across! Hope there's not lots of vertical text again because I know that was a pain with KB.

4. Kresnik2

Kresnik2 New Member

5. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

co-signed for localizing this title, its looks over the top epic and just loads of fun! Make it happen XSEED!

6. COMel86

COMel86 Member

Played the demo last night - combat wise, it's a nice change from the Senran/Valkyrie Drive system and it's also super-stylish (and brutal).

Although the premise is kind of... odd - beating people up and becoming top dog is the means to become popular with the high school girls on the island.

7. dddKun

dddKun New Member

Oh yeah, this is the stuff.

I actually got my hands on the demo, and ti's indeed fun. If I can get a moment to put up some screens you'll see them. Rare for me to be in a mood to first-day buy, but this is one of them.

Here's hoping XSEED is allowed to give it a voice in the west. The world always needs more beatemups.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

With news of it underperforming as a pre-order in Japan and having to touch it up more... maybe they should start considering a worldwide market. If it's risky, test the market globally with a poll or something. I understand it's a game meant for the Japanese market, but maybe they should really think of their other regions, too. Consider their western branch too and who knows, maybe it'll be a bigger hit here! We always hungry for localizations.

9. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

you know what...I want this now. It didn't know it was this crazy lol

10. Augen76

Augen76 New Member

I've honestly never heard of a game being delayed due to poor pre-orders. I'd be curious what the numbers are and what they need them to be.

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

You know, yeah it's the first I heard of it too. I guess for MMV standards, there was a REALLY low interest to the point where they are rethinking of releasing it (or at least, trying to polish it more and put it on hold to rethink things). Even in Japan there are plenty of games that are niche and don't sell as well. I still think they should try to get feedback from a global audience, so they don't waste the money and resources on what they did. I think cancelling games is the biggest waste of money and sunk cost you can do :/

12. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

While the game itself looks neat, I'm afraid that if the numbers just aren't there in Japan, odds are pretty good this won't make its way elsewhere. And yeah, I don't recall a game ever being delayed due to poor preorder numbers either.

13. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

i doubt its solely because of poor pre-orders though, probably poor pre orders and maybe even a few other things. Maybe they just feel like the game needs to be developed a bit more first on top of poor pre-orders, or maybe its just a prelude before its canceled. hopefully the former.

14. ShikouNagakura

ShikouNagakura New Member

I like the style of it and how the fighting looks. I was told that this was a guy on guy fighting game but I was lied to, would have got it if it was >_>

15. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

They did release a demo so maybe people who played it just really didn't like it. maybe i could try it...

16. jivehonkey

jivehonkey New Member

poop yeah man amphetamines are my go when i cant get ritalin, vyvanse is poop and avoid meth like the plague

17. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Came to this topic for drugs. Disappointed.

18. dddKun

dddKun New Member

Never seek out what should come naturally to you.

The preorder bit is a first, and being honest it's a disappointment. Most particularly due to the litmus tests preiorders have become in the upper levels of the game industry (especially westward).

19. PkmnChmp5

PkmnChmp5 Member

20. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker New Member

No surprise it's another quirky brawler from the man behind SK. The gameplay looks solid and fun, accidental motorboating and over the top combat in one game? SOLD!

The Vita needs UPPERS and XSEED are the only ones who can do it justice.